The Canadian dollar at $0.75

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RumRunner, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Right on. That makes sense, and get a new truck every year. At what point in our exchange rate does this no longer work.

2. RCR001

RCR001 MOTO CHASER Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is the Question, Dollar has been down for so long that this is gonna be interesting to see how this will affect prices. My order with the dealer is also very flexible, If I don't want it at the time it's delivered ,NP.. walk away. they'll sell it! to easy not to be doin it. Good Used Trucks have been very hard to find in SW Ontario for the last several years this isn't a new thing.
  3. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    I left the Barrie area in 2016. Bought a 2016 Ram before I left. It was 18k less then the offer in Halifax. Just checked local kijiji and there are several for sale here for as much as I paid for mine 5 yrs ago. Maybe I should sell it and when travel is allowed, go back to Ontario for a new one.

I bought a couple bikes in Northern Michigan at the time our dollar was in the mid 90s. Some smoking deals then.

4. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Montreal (traveling Americas June '17 to May '18)
    When Ford/GM/FCA reajust their prices.
  5. RCR001

RCR001 MOTO CHASER Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is a price adjust coming, sort of, I am told that incentives for new truck buyers will be gone for at least the next year or so, there is such high demand and with the chip shortage they don't need to offer anything to sell them, I was able to get in on them for my recent order but was told they will disappear. Not just a sales threat as I have several family members in the business. Trucks are back ordered for 3-4 months at this point.