The Canadian dollar at $0.75

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RumRunner, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

I sense anti Harper mantra in your message ( I'm ok with that if its not fogged in political idealology). I wonder what your thoughts were when the liberals ran the dollar down to $.625 cents?? Not that anyone truly believes the prime minister has the final word on currency strength lol,,,,,
  2. Pay Dirt

Pay Dirt panning the web

Oddometer:
    Rummy, what say you? ;-)

PD
  3. Critt

Critt Rambling on

Oddometer:
    Did you buy the last ones? I can't find any tech 7's on there.

4. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    I've got enough Rhum to last about six months.

DW
  5. sidewayz_control

sidewayz_control Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Send them an email. They mostly cater to the street and race bike crowd and they are 2-3 guy operation. No big storefront or fancy web-site so they can offer good/better prices.

They are getting into dualsport and off-road due to demand but it's better that you know what you want, although they have now added off-road tires to their web-site. I shop around and then stop by their shop (since I live 5 minutes away) or send and email.

Ivan
  6. Pay Dirt

Pay Dirt panning the web

Oddometer:
    That kind of volume would get you a substantial discount,likely even LCBO wholesale pricing making any Can/Us dollar issue somewhat irrelevant!
    PD
  7. RumRunner

Oddometer:
    Maybe they'll even deliver!!!

No more week-ends like this one through, puts a dent in the supply chain management.

[​IMG]

DW
  8. bumper1871

bumper1871 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Come and visit us next summer you will save a lot of money.:freaky
  9. ktm1

ktm1 StIlL lOsT

Oddometer:
    I miss living near Canada, many benefits including turning 19 and not needed a passport, back in the day. Great steak houses at great prices when the dollar is beating up on the looney.... And great riding....
  10. ktm1

ktm1 StIlL lOsT

Oddometer:
    O' and if you buy a bunch of cd's or whatever, make sure to take everything out of its package, before you cross back....
  11. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    watch out for inflation most of the crap everyone buys is imported , some low volume type stuff is made in us but a big chunk for stuff will be going up in Canada due to dropping looney.
    I bought 2 bikes when CAD was around .63c , new guzzi quota, 2 yr warranty, with luggage just under $7K US. I did have to pay the harley/reagan import duty that still exists for bikes over 700cc. even though it was paid when it came to the el norte' importer, which was north carolina. once a tax goes on, it rarely comes off. when CAD was peaking I sold my wee storm to a guy from Delta. right when major shifts happen there can be deals depending which side of the fence you are on. but I would expect prices by summer to be rising in Canada.
  12. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    Whatever???.....Nothing to declare Eh! :DCertainly wouldn't be my answer and won't be in a few days.:evil

I'll go ask my friend, he picked up 2 of my parcels and they are now in BC. Third one I have to go pick up the guy in the fleamarket on here didn't include an invoice as he said he would.:wink:

$200.00 brand new in the package but I paid $100.00 on here. Will be interesting to see if I can be honest,declare and get it across for free. Seems to work for my honest friend just as it worked for me in the past.:clap
  13. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not worth being anything less than truthful with the border guys. They win every time, and any record of lack of disclosure stick with you like gum on your shoe. I've got Nexus, straight up is the only way.
  14. bmwnewbie

bmwnewbie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your discretions will be on the CBSA system for 5 years. Will screw things up if you try to apply for NEXUS or Trusted Traveler, and they will and can check you at your crossing point.

bmwnewbie
  15. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    the inflation I was yapping about is starting in now on food.
  16. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

On the big island Hawaii right now,,,,,we got nothing to worry about right now. Bananas are $1,69 pound, gas is $3.79 us gallon. I'm paying $.59pound in metro vancouver for bananas, and $2.99 us gallon . Still,,,,,,
  17. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    Yep....altough retired my "free access" to the USA and back and whatever was a condition of my employment.

Anyway....my honest friend is probably still sleeping. Waiting to hear if he had to pay some taxes. -15 minutes from his place to the border with the Carrera last time, another 15 to his mailbox? 15 again for a tank of gas and a 6-pack and back home for a cold "tax free" one.......or two.:1drink

No BS with my union bros, that they work at the same low wages as me doesn't make them stupid!Maybe grumpy at times?:lol3.....Only time I was searched and what a search, must have taken 2 hours at the Coho/Victoria terminal was when I told them the thruth as usual. And all I said was no booze or cigarettes.:lol3
  18. -Meanderthal

-Meanderthal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    15 years ago when the Canadian dollar was going for about $0.65 US I had a nice stay at decent motel in B.C. for about $18 US per night. I was totally shocked that it was so cheap. For that price I could have lived there for less than $600 per month.

Then when I went to check out I realized that the lady who checked me in had assumed that I was a member of a road crew that was staying there at a negotiated rate. They didn't charge me the difference when they figured it out, but it forever shattered my vision cheap vacations among you canucks.
  19. Hosebag

Hosebag Difficult but Useful

Oddometer:
    No likey Cdn $$.

Going to Chicago next week for the bike and car shows, so no trinkets coming home on this visit.

I will, however, not scrimp on Saturday night at Gibson's :wink:

[​IMG]
  20. RumRunner

Oddometer: