The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Tanger

Tanger Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    MOtub, td63, StanBo and 8 others like this.
  2. Tanger

Tanger Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    MOtub, JungleDeath, StanBo and 5 others like this.
  3. scharfg

scharfg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi there, thank you for the follow up.

I used the:

EBC CK Series Clutch Kit - CK1314

So is that the OEM pack so it was okay to leave the juddr ring n washer in....?
  4. Lapchik

Lapchik Tinkeritis posterboy

Oddometer:
    Reworked the dash tonight. Fuses used to be inside the fairing. Much easier to get to here.

KIMG2960.JPG
    ksucoach83 and Griff2 like this.
  5. Griff2

Griff2 Griff

Oddometer:
    Interesting console. The little TTO unit is small enough to be unintrusive and I might borrow from your idea to have a second one recording data other than the RPM counter. Thanks for that.
  6. BarryB

BarryB Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lapchik, do you have a write up on the air/fuel ratio install? That’s interesting. TIA
  7. Lapchik

Oddometer:
  8. Lapchik

Oddometer:
    I have temp and tach/hour. They have more options now than when I installed. Lack of backlighting sucks, but my aux lights are bar mounted and light them up.

https://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/tto
  9. breakm

breakm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some pics of last few weeks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just a few pics while I continue to run up some mileage since getting it back from the recall/failure of the circlip.

Surely not as epic as what most of you post, but for now, I'll just have to take it.

BTW, sorry for bringing it up, soon this bike will be moved out to the Anza Borrego Desert with tons of sand, I want to change out the tires to a more dirt orientated tire like a 40/60...Any thoughts?

Scoping out the Redondo Beach area of CA.,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Kenda trakmaster II is our go to rear tire here in sandy Florida. Take your pick of front tires, not nearly as important.
    sealsam likes this.
  12. Crotch Rocket

Crotch Rocket "if you get off the couch, shit happens"

Oddometer:
  13. JungleDeath

JungleDeath Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Epic is relative. Sometimes riding 55mph roads to go get homemade icecream is epic enough for me.

Tires; is DOT a requirement? I'm thinking D606 front next purchase. My sand and your sand may be similar. Unfortunately hard pack and embedded rocks are a thing as well.
  14. jsonder

jsonder Tired Old Fart

Oddometer:
    Dunlop 606 tires are DOT approved; I run them in Arizona.
  15. Lapchik

Oddometer:
    Anyone want a FREE trailer? It's cool, but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. Pick up in Pope County, MN 56334.
    KIMG2982.JPG

FB_IMG_1571763826518.jpg
  16. Johny Brando

Johny Brando n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys , I,m new to this CRF250 L site & would like to draw on your pooled knowledge based experiences please . I'm off in 10 weeks time to Nth Thailand & possibly into Laos too on a hopefully approx 60% off road 4 week trip on my own . I'm using a rental CRF250L which will likely be 2-4 years old ?? & no doubt seen some prior action !!!! Having never ridden one of these before I'm after general advise on what to mechanically specifically look out for as weak links
    ( that could bite me & potentially ruin my trip ) these CRF250L's seem to have a reasonably good reputation & off course I don't mean the obvious look outs like -Tires / Chains & Sprockets / Brakes etc ...... but like most bikes probably there will be the odd specific weak links & bugs that I'd like to be pre-warned off & know what to look out for on the day when I'm introduced to my specific Rental mount - maybe say .....duff auto cam chain tensioners or reg / rectifier gremlins or jump out of lower gears etc etc etc . I'm just trying to head the Indians off at the Pass so to speak !
    If I have prior potential awareness & know what to look out for it would be a really GREAT HELP . I am as usual taking my own tools & gear etc & I'm quite mechanically savvy & have made numerous prior similar long solo camping trips like this in Asia, so I'm aware of general look outs and the dealer culture & mindset & I do understand it from their side too . If I have a genuine" watch out - cause for concern on the rental day" well at least I can then raise my concerns & maybe try and ask to take a specific spare or 2 just in case I'm on top of a mountain in Hellarwee & a known weak link lets go on me !!!!!!! Thanks in advance to any one kind enough to reach out to me on this .
    Cheers , Johny B P.S . Don't know if I'm breaching protocol here ! but if it's any easier for you please P M ' Private Message ' me ....or email me direct on leeshelford1@gmail.com
    ksucoach83 and Thunderbutt like this.
  17. Ellrico

Ellrico n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello here,
    I'm looking for a second pair of whell (one for commuting, one for fun !) but here there's no CRF250L wheel one second hand market here.
    Maybe some of you already find compatible wheel form other model ?
  18. michaelkozera

michaelkozera Long timer

Oddometer:
    been trying to sell them for last few months lol

https://advrider.com/f/threads/crf250l-wheels.1413271/

[​IMG]
    OU812 and ksucoach83 like this.
  19. kebrider

kebrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. michaelkozera

michaelkozera Long timer

Oddometer:

i hope so. i have them up for a pretty good/cheap price (i think so haha)

i use to ride alot of hardcore off road with the crf500L so i had two sets of wheels, one with knobbies and one with 50/50 of them for the street/ commute. but ever since i got my crf1000l i used the ATAS for highway mainly and the crf500L i find i only use it for off road only. so ive got these extra set of wheels kicking around. someone else can use them as they are just building dust, shame really.