The darkside, car tire on motorcycles

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by elkgrichard, Sep 19, 2014.

1. "None"

"None" Make it so.

Oddometer:
    Is it "measured"? whether it's important to you personally doesn't mean you spent the most time leaned.
    You want to remember all the time you spent while the bike is leaned? try it on a car tire mounted on the rear wheel. You might enjoy it and remember it more.:imaposer

No need to be sorry, just have to be honest to yourself that you don't know what you're missing.
  2. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Sidewalls are very much designed to flex, that is why your front wheels on you car camber (that is lean off of the Z axis) when you are turning. Its build into every modern automobile suspension
    Jarlaxle likes this.
  3. glory racing

glory racing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If seeing this picture and you have to ask that question you should not be allowed to comment on the ability of a car tire to lean. Dude, your comments are telling on you and proving that most of your statements are simply uninformed assumptions. Do a little factual research maybe.
    Jarlaxle and "None" like this.
  4. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Bregan D'Aerthe

Oddometer:
    You're not this thick. Just isn't possible.
  5. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Bregan D'Aerthe

Oddometer:
    Nothing remarkable...autocrossers put marks, usually white or silver (shoe polish, Sharpie, chalk, etc), on the edge of the tread and sidewall. You know if the tire is rolling over (if so, you need to add pressure) by where the marks are worn off. Running street pressure on a SOLO course is frequently not enough, especially in the front of a FWD car. I recall seeing a Neon that ran 40F/28R when autocrossing.
  6. sandsman

sandsman Shut up and ride!!!!

Oddometer:
    I have a Yokohama Avid Inviger 195/60-16 on my Goldwing and I can run as fast as my buddies with mc tires on, the sidewalls do not "roll under" as some say, I have no issues with a car tire out back, as I previously said. I put 3 oz of balance beads in my rear tires, ride it like I stole it, drag my floor boards in the corners if I so desire. I am just as quick as anyone else in the corners. I don't give a single thought to having a CT on my bike.
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  7. sandsman

Oddometer:
    On a car tire.
    CROSSBOLT and Traxx like this.
  8. liberpolly

liberpolly Nu, shoyn, nudnick!

Oddometer:
    It’s not the kind I want to remember really...
  9. glory racing

Oddometer:
    Surely they have seen this already or any of the many other videos. Regardless I can hear em already; yeah but I didn't see a speedometer. bet he was riding on the sidewall, engineers say it can't be done, blah blah blah.
    sandsman likes this.
  10. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    This is amazingly passive-aggressive and devoid of any meaningful content. If you have to say something, say it, don’t hide behind some idiotic pretend wisdom, nobody is buying it.
  11. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I just know you are bullshitting, which will become apparent the moment you try to answer the question.
  12. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    Finally we got to the actual point.
  13. sandsman

Oddometer:
    Unless you have tried it, you're opinion
    is useless and doesn't hold 1 lb of air.
    sloryder likes this.
  14. glory racing

Oddometer:
    Passive aggressive, devoid of any meaningful content, Idiotic pretend wisdom??? A picture is worth a thousand words right. I posted the picture of my front tire after riding 1,610 miles on my vfr1200f with a car tire installed on the rear. You know, actual first hand experience and evidence. What does the picture tell you? Please share what you think are a few of the thousand words.
    Cat0020 and jmq3rd like this.
  15. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    So you think that a motorcycle is capable of presenting a similar lateral load as a 3000 pound car?

(Hint, even if you have a three thousand pound bike as long as it has two wheels you couldn't give the tire the same lateral load.)
    Jarlaxle, Cat0020 and CROSSBOLT like this.
  16. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    It tells me nothing - there is not enough information surrounding it.

What do you think it's supposed to tell? Preferably without being passive-aggressive.
  17. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    No, I don't. What is it with people in this thread insisting with asking these passive-aggressive rhetorical questions?

All we seem to have agreed on was "if the tire is rolling over, you need to add pressure". Is it obvious by now or do we need to dig deeper?
  18. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    Looks really wobbly in the corners. What speed was that?
  19. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    It is good then that I am not expressing any opinions and just asking people who tried it some questions, isn't it?
  20. glory racing

Oddometer:
    You stating that 'there is not enough information surrounding it' proves that you do not know anything about riding/leaning a motorcycle on pavement. Therefore, please refrain from additional comments about car tires and how they can not lean.
    If the actual evidence of the video of the CT gold wing checking out on a rider on the dragon and the pic I posted don't do it for ya...nothing will. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and belief but please don't spew it as fact.
    Jarlaxle likes this.