The darkside, car tire on motorcycles

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by elkgrichard, Sep 19, 2014.

1. liberpolly

liberpolly Nu, shoyn, nudnick!

Oddometer:
    No, it doesn't. It proves that you know you're bullshitting and are afraid to get called on it, so you're trying to stay vague behind "if you don't see it blah blah blah". This is not a Zen monastery, nor is it Democratic primaries, it's a motorcycle chat - you should be able to express your findings in precise mechanical terms.
    ObiJohn likes this.
  2. "None"

"None" Make it so.

Oddometer:
    Whether our want to remember or not, at least you would have valid experience to participate in discussion such as car tire usage on motorcycle.

Since you have zero experience, anything you say on this topic is just speculation & guess; regardless what you remember.

Memory is unreliable & easily manipulated anyway.
  3. glory racing

glory racing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's just sad, typical, but sad. Nothing is more precise than video and picture evidence. You can come up with all the word salad you desire and avoid truly answering all the questions. Doesn't change any of the FACTS. Good luck to you too Sir.
  4. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Don't feed the troll.

It is obvious that someone who has zero experience can be a naysayer on topic of thread.
    Those that will refute anyone's real life experience with demand of proof, evidence, videos, pictures, speedo readings, measured data and ever more questions; clearly are just trolls that will never believe nor try to understand.

Ignore list you go.
    sandsman likes this.
  5. glory racing

Oddometer:
    Most excellent and accurate post. I know this is an old thread and the topic has been beat to death for years by both those with and without actual experience. It was proven many years ago that CT's on a motorcycle were a legitimate option. I just recently went to the darkside and was therefore interested in the topic and additional info. What is here unfortunately is some members with zero experience, and apparently little actual moto knowledge, that just want to type and argue. Tis a shame.

I now have identified 2 members that are really just trolls. Couple more facts...I will continue to read the thread and am pretty sure the number of trolls identified will grow.
    Traxx and CROSSBOLT like this.
  6. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good thing I don't care what others think of my choices. Want my respect and attention? Pay my bills.
    Traxx likes this.
  7. glory racing

Oddometer:
    shirt.jpg

This is normally the shirt that applies. Surely there are already some shirts out there for uninformed, closed minded trolls.
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  8. sandsman

sandsman Shut up and ride!!!!

Oddometer:
    Well just a couple weekends ago, I took the wing up to the upper reaches of it's top speed (greater than 125 mph) with nothing to alarm me except the red and blues flashing in my mirrors. Luckily for me, he was an off duty LEO in his own light equipped personal truck (yeah, all blacked out F150) and not too bad of an attitude either. I was a catch and release. So I didn't blow up in a fiery explosion and was able to maneuver my bike as well.
    Flyin' Monkeys and CROSSBOLT like this.
  9. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    Picture and video can be informative, or can be misleading. In your case, it's passive-aggressive and vague.

You people are like a schizophrenic chorus. You never answer a direct question, but deflect any question with two sets of contradicting counter-questions, and never resolve the contradictions among yourselves.

Something like this:
    - So how does it corner despite the flat top?
    - Are you so STUPID to not realize that the corners are rounded?
    - Oh so it corners like a scooter on thin tires with the same radius as the car tire corner?
    - Are you so STUPID to not realize that the tire flexes?
    - Doesn't flexing reduce the tire life?
    - Are you so STUPID to not realize that the air pressure doesn't have to go all the way up?
    - Doesn't underinflating tires reduces the tire life?
    - Are you so STUPID to not realize that we don't underinflate the tires?
    - Well, half of you above said that you do.
    - Do you have any real life experience with car tire? If not, your questions are invalid.
    - I don't have experience with ebola either, can you please try to answer the question?
    - Are you so STUPID to not realize that... wait, here's a table of truck tire air pressures, it somehow relates, and if you don't see how you're STUPID?
    - So you do underinflate the tires so it flexes more and allows to corner?
    - Are you so STUPID to not realize that... wait here's a picture of a scuffed tire which may or may not be taken after 4 hours cornering at 20 mph, and if you don't see how it answers all your questions you are just STUPID.

etc. etc.

It honestly seems like none of you actually ride, but just sit in some old people home and post random crap on internet.
  10. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    In a straight line, or was some cornering involved?
    ObiJohn likes this.
  11. glory racing

Oddometer:
    I was correct, you do like to type. I would suspect that you type MUCH better than you ride. Unfortunately again it is all just word salad. However, you did finally figure it out...you are just stupid on this subject. Troll. Oh, what size shirt do you wear? I'll change it to, What happened? You were so fast on Advrider!
  12. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    Time for your meds, grandpa. The nurse will roll you in soon.
  13. cocheese72

cocheese72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2012 model. This was back in August. Would have more if I didn't have two other bikes at 45k and 25k. What other dopey assumptions do you have? Let me guess. Not my bike? Doesn't prove I did those miles? Do I have a video of all of these miles? Do you want to learn anything or continue to post just to listen to yourself?

[​IMG]
  14. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    How does it feel cornering? At what speed?
  15. glory racing

Oddometer:
    Did you see the pic polly posted of his front tire? :jack Unlike some here, I know a little bit about reading motorcycle tire wear and pictures in general. That pic was some funny sh!t given the conversation.
  16. cocheese72

cocheese72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Planted.
    Typically 20 over the speed limit. Not always MotoGPing and knee dragging on a full dresser so it depends.

What else you got?
  17. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Don't feed the troll.
    They will never be satisfied with any answer you provided.
    They will never be willing to try anything besides what they believe to be true, no matter how convincing your experience may be.
    Don't feed the troll.
  18. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    As intended :)
  19. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    Fascinating! Do you underinflate your car tire? If you had to theorize, how do you think is it able to corner being planted 20 over speed limit despite the flat tire profile?
  20. glory racing

Oddometer:
    Yeah...Right! You have been exposed.
    Please stop clogging this thread with useless questions and dribble. Go paint or take a picture or something.
    Jarlaxle likes this.