The darkside, car tire on motorcycles

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by elkgrichard, Sep 19, 2014.

1. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

Butthurt? Hell no, good buddy. You're the butthurt one, you're running a crappy square tire because you can't find a long lasting tire and have burst into tears:cry because I have. :ken

I could point a live camera at my rear tire for 50,000 miles and one at my odometer and this group wouldn't believe it, your loss. :deal

Anybody want to tell me I'm lying about the front tire that has 35,000 on it right now?

You guys are real lowlife scum to call a person a liar over something you have never seen. I have never seen the UK, but if somebody tells me they live in such a place, I can believe without seeing. Why would I lie? You people have spent too much time on the stupidside with your car tires.:dunno
  2. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

That place is comprised of idiots, I tried to read a thread there and was unable to wade through the bullshit, I take it you're a member?

Maybe my math is off and I am in error, check it for me will you? Cut the stock rear tire at 10,000 miles, was forced to buy a Dunlop American Elite since it was the only tire close to my size within 80 miles and then I took it off at 60,486 miles and put another one on it.

I'll continue to ride my mythical tire and you can squareside yourself into a corner my new found friend. :freaky
  3. sandsman

sandsman Shut up and ride!!!!

Oddometer:
    You must be drinking some kind of stupid koolaid, you don't build your case by calling those of us who have tried and continue to run ct's, lowlife scum, and stupid and whatever else you have called us. I am not butthurt at all, but am no LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE guy like you. Just give it up Larrybutthurtboy, you have been exposed as a LIAR. Who gives two shits what you think anyway. Go crawl back in your hole. Anyone who knows anything about a back tire on a bike knows that there is no way you are going to get 50,000 miles on one. Goodbye Larryliarbutthurtpantsonfireboy, hehehe that sounds pretty good to me. Now are you gonna try some of that internet kung-fu on me? Hehehehe, go away you are sucking up useful oxygen.
  4. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

Your loss, dude. Sorry to hear about your car tire on your motorcycle, must suck to wobble down the road.

PS,

Why is your IBA # so high?
  5. sandsman

Oddometer:
    I see you are still sucking up useful oxygen larryliarboy, I have a suggestion, just go away, nobody will listen to you anymore. As for the IBA #, who cares, I don't, if it mattered at all. I have more miles than I care to enumerate anyway, probly way more than you, and anyone that I know, so I have wasted enough time with your stupidity. Time to move on. :lol3 you are a joke.
  6. randyo

randyo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I supose 50k on a bike tire is possible if you pump it up to 60psi and never ride over 25 mph
  7. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:
    Do you really shoot people that don't agree with you? If your exploits don't matter, then why do you throw them around all the time? You keep reading. :lol3
  8. sandsman

Oddometer:
    Your slip is showing Larryboy
  9. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

In reverse too!! :clap

Damn dudes, I was just as shocked as the rest of you...I had a second one of the magical black loops sitting in the garage for months and this damn tire wouldn't wear out, I got so sick of tripping over it that I installed it. I don't get every last inch out of tires since a buddy died on his bike after hitting black ice with a nearly bald rear tire...one more ride out of a tire might be your last, I've changed them a little early since then.
  10. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

There you are, I thought you quit!! :wave
  11. sandsman

Oddometer:
    Your slip is still showing:rofl
  12. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

Gotta go put in my daily miles, grab yourself some metamucil and I'll be back later to take away your last word. :lol3
  13. SteelJM1

SteelJM1 Former Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer:
    Jesus christ, winter must be coming.
    round_i likes this.
  14. mikerthebiker

mikerthebiker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I guess, if you have it on a stand, running, in gear. Sounds like a mathematical error to me. Did he mean 5K?

CT all the way for me and has been for years. But, oh ya, it keeps flying off every few hundred miles and I have to run back and get it and reinstall it. Makes the trip longer but I love the mileage I'm getting and am I ever good at installing tires!.:norton Don't listen to the official diatribe. Listen to the guys who actually do it. Good info on the VRCC site/darkside.
  15. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Ha ha. Funny post. :rofl

From the OP:
    I'm not quite sure today's MT designs rise to the level of a conspiracy, but it is a fact that MTs are one of the leading costs of riding motorcycles. In my case (on a certain heavy ST bike), I get about 4,500 miles out of a set of tires. (A few years ago, I was lucky to get 3k out of a set, but my riding has changed a bit recently.)

4,500 miles at about 45 mpg cost me about $365 for fuel. Tires are about $270, becoming the second largest expenditure by a wide margin. Compare that to a $500 set of four car tires that last about 26k miles and 27 mpg and it becomes a huge cost impediment to having people adapt motorcycles as a means of transportation. It's also a massive hassle trying to schedule tire changes for the motorcycle around my riding use; and especially so compared the the car. MTs have a much narrower window between one-more-ride and cords showing than does a car tire on a car.

My point to counter tl;dr: If MTs and the motorcycle itself is designed as one unit with little room to stray from that design, then the industry is both shooting itself in the foot and costing the rest of us a lot of money and inconvenience.
    Jarlaxle likes this.
  16. AviatorTroy

AviatorTroy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see this car debate get fired up all over again.... I like to see the spirit of experimentation, without that we would not have bobbers, cafe racers, etc. I am glad that a car tire works for some people who put mega miles on their bikes and generally tour without doing too many twisties. I'm just saying that sure wouldn't work for me, but I don't get to ride as much as I want to anymore and when I do, I want a quality high performance motorcycle tire that I can count on to do its job.

You never hear about people crashing with CTs but I cannot imagine that riding twisties all day would be a very pleasurable experience.

There is one application where I can honestly believe that a CT is superior to any motorcycle tire. I have one lined up and ready to go on the drive wheel on my GL1500 outfit. :)
  17. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    People talk about grinding parts in the twisties while running CTs, but there might be one thing a MT on a motorcycle will do safely that a CT may not: You can slightly spin and slide a MT in a curve, driving your trajectory into the arc.
  18. randyo

randyo Long timer

Oddometer:
    you making statements that you cannot back up with fact, it has been demonstrated that a car tire performs as well in the twisties
  19. AviatorTroy

AviatorTroy Long timer

Oddometer:

Maybe on a cruiser.. Maybe.

Even Yellow Wolf says he wouldn't run it in anything more sporty than a Wing. I rest my case.
  20. TrashCan

TrashCan Scary Jerry

Oddometer:

But Yellow Wolf only rides wings.
    round_i likes this.