1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Helped Yard run through DARPA. It's a lot easier than it used to do. Though I cheezed it with an Attack Drone/Turret Skill build. It was nowhere near as hard before they nerfed it when Jim and I played it on Challenging and even when Brian and I did it on Hard. Not to mention when I soloed it on Hard and failed. I'm sure even if I didn't use a skill build it wouldn't have been that difficult though.

[​IMG]

I also played a little bit with my Tier 5 and Level 30 (no Tier) and shuffled some gear around. They both feel pretty good strength-wise since the Level 30 has Tier 4-5 gear. It also has my maxed out Level 30 Nemesis which is way OP. It's doing 300K DMG when most other marksman rifles aren't even 40 dmg. The Level 30 map is a bit boring since there are no CP's to capture and the map hasn't been invaded yet. One thing I've noticed is that gear really sucks in the open world. Your best bet is hand be downs from Missions on Challenging or Heroic or Field Proficiency caches. Or if you have a Tier 4-5 and use that character to farm for your lower one. Level 30 gear from Tier 5 works with no problems on a lower character. Another thing to remember is that Utility Mods can now be used across the board. So you can use Level 40 utility mods on a Level 30 character. This only works for utility mods though. I also found it annoying that you can't change the Global Difficulty while below Level 40. You can't reset CP's either. They really want you to move on to Level 40. For most people though, if you have WONY, it's not worth it to go up to tier 5 in DC. You're better off going to NYC, bypassing the tiers and going to Level 40.
  2. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Yard and I did Jefferson Trade Center on Hard. Pretty easy even with a new DPS/Headshot sniper build. Probably could have done it on Challenging.

[​IMG]

While this DPS sniper build makes some big numbers and can oneshot an Elite, it's hard stringing together a bunch of headshots to get the 21M DMG. You definitely can't solo missions reliably with it. Basically, you need someone to agro them so you have time to take aim. The Crt rifle build I have is a lot more reliable and staggers them so they're not shooting. Still, it's a fun build and usually my preference play style for these types of games.

Anyways, here's what my build looks like.

[​IMG]
  3. Yard Sale

Yard Sale let's be bad guys

Oddometer:
    One of those you were OP with what seemed like a head-shotting sniper rifle. I would go to aim at somebody and he'd go down from your OP weapon.
  4. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Well yeah, on Hard it will one shot Elite's but getting to that point isn't that easy. It takes multiple headshots to build up enough stacks. This is part of the talent Headhunter/Chainkiller. It gives you 150% weapon Damage with a headshot kill for 30s. It's stackable up to 800% and up to 1250% if you have at least 150% Headshot Damage. I have 327.7% Headshot dmg and the gun does 1M dmg. What that all means is that my White Death does 21M dmg with headshots. I'm not min/maxed at all though. Keep in mind that I have 20,000 less Armor that you and lose a big chunk of wpn dmg if I take fire. Also it's scoped. I've used the build to do Heroic CP's and it does okay. Wider open the playing field the better. On indoor missions, I've got to switch to a EXP which makes it harder to do headshots consistently.

I recommend looking into build guides so you can maximize your build to your play style. It wouldn't be so bad if blueprints weren't stuck behind the Raid and the crafting bench wasn't complete crap. They really need to reimplement the max roll bench. RNG is really bad in this game. Also since you're level 30, my drops are useless to you. Really though, if you plan on getting WONY, it wouldn't be worth it to spend time min/maxing a build at level 30 as it's going to be useless at 40. The game is designed in a way that it rewards you for pushing the difficulty. The difficulty level should give you gear for the next level. If you can solo that level's content easily then you've probably maxed out for that level.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Just a FYI, the new Manhunt is active.

Also Yard and I did the Federal Emergency Bunker. I just used my skill build, Hive and a attack turret with the Surge. My sharpshooter build wouldn't have been useless in the tunnels.

[​IMG]
  6. Yard Sale

Oddometer:
    I've got the WONY DLC and I'm slowly leveling up and getting better gear. I had a really weird Territory Control with nothing but elites that provided 3 keys/3 crates, I got lucky to survive that one.

I recalibrated a whole bunch of gear for the library. What will happen with level 30 gear stuff I added to the library? Can the library items be used on level 31+ gear?
  7. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    The Territory Controls with 3 crates are Elite Territories. That's why they are much tougher (+2) but give you better gear drops.

Everything you put in the Library stays there.

You should consider this build. Three piece Striker, 2 Providence and Fox's Prayer knee pads for the 8% DMG out of cover. You could also swap in the Contractor Gloves and use Striker knee pads for the 6% Dmg to Armor.

I'm blowing through the Manhunt since no one else is around and I want to get through it so I can continue to farm CP's. I think I'm at the point where I can do Challenging missions easily but I'm still hesitant with Heroic. I'm not sure if I can do a Heroic mission with my headshot build though. I'd get debuffed too easily and most of the missions are CQB where a 5 rnd bolt action is probably the worst gun to use. It's great for co-op though.

Another video on the highlights from todays State of the Game.

8. Yard Sale

Oddometer:
    I made level 40
  9. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    So I helped get Yard through WONY. We killed Keener pretty easily after a few false starts. I hate that the no AAR bug is back. Lots of stuff seems to have been rolled back with TU10.1. Well now he's ready for Heroic CP farming!
  10. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Some decent stuff at the Vendors this week. Especially if you're still looking for decent gear.

11. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    So, Yard got to try some CP farming on Heroic. Lots of gear dropped. We had three Rogue's appear at one CP. It's a little trial by fire but wasn't too bad. The questing now is if he'll keep it on heroic.

I used my Crit DPS build as it's still my best build. I haven't used it on a while since it's very tough to get those maxed Crit Dmg mods. I was able to get one 12% Crit Dmg mod but I still need 2 more. They are super rare in the game.
  12. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Looks like we're going to get an Appearance Mod. Basically it sounds like what Ghost Recon has where you can skin your character with whatever gear they have gathered without affecting build stats. Also, it's at no cost.

13. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Well, I've started doing some of the other Hunters that came with the WONY DLC. They're not bad on Normal. I have to say they're no harder than Hard which is really easy with my DPS Rifleman. Did one in NY and one in DC with Yard. I'm not sure if he had time to even see the hunter. Some of the puzzles are really convoluted. At least now we won't see any more Pair of Lion's Eyes keys!

[​IMG]

Also the new Manhunt is on. This is the last one so the main hunt is available. Anyone need help with any of the bounties let me know. I know a lot of you aren't playing but there might be someone who wants to get back in.

So far I've got the Angel Mask, Camo Mask and the Divide Mask...
  14. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Got two more hunters. It's not too bad on Normal with a build that can solo a heroic. I'm not sure how will it would to with one of my Challenging builds though. So far the most I've run into at one go was two. I've been taken done a few times but my Revive hive has saved my butt. There are three more to go. Two that are in DC and a solo in NY as well as a group of 4. From what I've seen that group of 4 is a PITA just to get to the point of spawning them all. You have to do stuff during the night as well as waiting for the day so it's going to take a little while.

15. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

One more down. Now I have one more locations and 4 more Hunters. Supposedly there's some nice gear at Cassie once you get all 12. Even playing at Normal, they can be a handful unless you get the jump on them. Might not be bad but having to jump through the hoops to get to that point is a PITA. You have to shoot 4 trees and then 12 targets in 12 apartment buildings. 6 are done in the day and 6 at night then you have to wait till 21:00 to summon the Hunters. Real time it takes 2 seconds to cover 1 minute. This changes if you fast travel or do something other than watch the clock. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so convoluted and taking a good chunk of time to do.

With summer winding down I'm hoping to see more of you guy's playing again. At least until Nov when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

New State of the game:

16. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

So close! I figured it was going to take more than one try. It was a PITA but overall not hard to summon them. I forget if I'm going to have 4 Hunters still spawn in or only 2 next time. They rolled over Yard and I got pushed back as well. I got two of them down but while hunting the 3rd, time ran out. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a PITA to summon them though. Maybe half the steps. I don't know how anyone figured out how to do it with Dev help.

[​IMG]

Basically you find a computer to start it. Then locate 4 Xmas trees in one district and shoot the stars. Then go to another district and find a generator. Then shoot 6 targets in 6 buildings at night. Then wait for sun up and shoot 6 more targets. Then go to a generator and poof, you get all 4 hunters at once.

I also finished off the Manhunt. Like the earlier one, it reuses a Stronghold. This time it's Tidal Basin. And again it's remapped. There are some new mechanics which are interesting. Since it's a Stronghold, the NPC's are stronger than your normal mission. I played it on Hard since I wanted to just get it done and it was more like Challenging. Overall not too bad though.

I did it a second time and got steamrolled! 4 appeared, not 2! I should have kited them over to the Twin Bridges CP so they could help distract them.
  17. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    The Division (the original one) is free on XBox on Tuesday so if you play that there should be a bump in new users soon.
  18. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    TD1 has a really good storyline and gameplay up to level 30. Once you're up to level 30, that's where the grind starts.
  19. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Well that was a PITA. No one else was around so I went to the in-game chat. Got a full crew then when we went to the generator, it didn't work. I felt bad for the other guy's. One left but the two others wanted to do it still. What we found out was the just the apartments reset. So we did that and called them. We blazed through them all really quick. So quick we had to make sure we got all 4. So that's all 13 masks. This also unlocks two gear items at Cassie. Not that I need them. All of the masks aren't hard to get except for the last one which spawns the 4 together. I recommend min/maxing your build and teaming up. They are tough even on Normal.
  20. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Lots of news in the SOTG.