1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Still playing. Did a Heroic Roosevelt Island Global Event solo. I'm glad they finally fixed the tanks so they don't take forever to destroy as you increase the difficulty. THe Event may have made it a little bit easier solo as you stagger the group once you take out the Guardian, giving you time to mow them down. I used my Crit Assault Rifle build for most of it.

[​IMG]

In other news.

[​IMG]
  2. andruboz

andruboz Serial overfiller

Oddometer:
    I always thought a sky scraper where each floor gets harder was a good idea.
  3. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    It seems to be a bit like the Underground in TD1. From what I've been hearing is that if you're an end game player then the first 50 floors can be a bit boring. The floors start off at Normal, then Hard, Challenging, Heroic and Legendary as you move up in floors. Every floor has a different task then the last. It's supposed to change every time you go through it. The game saves every 10 floors so you can leave and jump back wihout losing your progression.

Hopefully, we'll some some more people return to the game. I'm up for farming gear for anyone wanying to get back into it on PC.
  4. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Title Update 11 - Patch Notes [Updated 15:08 PM CEST September 21]
    New Season – Concealed Agenda

[​IMG]

A new season is almost upon us! Starting on September 22nd, Concealed Agenda offers 12 weeks of in-game activities and unique rewards. Season 3 brings a new Seasonal Manhunt, new Leagues, a new Global event and new unique rewards, as well as an Apparel Event.
    • New Manhunt tasking you to take on 5 rogue agents over a 12-week period starting September 22nd. Bring down all five to unlock the new Shrapnel Trap skill variant.
      • Bardon Schaeffer, Leader of the BTSU Unit of the Black Tusk is this Season’s prime target.

• New Global Event SHD Exposed.
    • New Apparel Event: Last Resort.
    • New Leagues Shade, Wraith, Dusk & Belfry.
    • New Rewards
      • 2 new Exotics
      • 1 new Gear Set
      • 2 new Named Weapons
      • 2 new Named Gear
      • 1 new Brand Set

• Participating in the activities above will earn players Season experience contributing to their Season level.
    • Playing Conflict will contribute XP by gaining Conflict Levels beyond 30.
    • Playing in the Dark Zone will contribute XP by gaining DZ Levels beyond 30.
    New PvE Game Mode: The Summit
    Title Update 11 introduces the new PvE game mode The Summit for free to all owners of the Warlords of New York expansion. The Summit brings agents to a skyscraper occupied by hostile factions, and as you progress towards the top the difficulty gradually will increase, and you will start seeing more ruthless enemies standing in your way. The Summit is designed to be highly replayable and also meant to offer a challenge to everybody, from our most dedicated agents to our newer agents. Floors will be different each time you fight your way through the building, as floors are randomly selected from a number of preset designs and gets populated by random AI spawns.

Progression throughout the floors is saved at specific rally points, and players can leave and jump back in where they left off without losing their progress. The total time to reach floor 100, and thus unlock all the difficulties, can vary greatly depending on the players skills and equipment as well as their team configuration
    • Highly replayable PvE game mode
    • 100 floors to fight your way through
    • Checkpoint system
    • Unique rewards
    Based on PTS feedback, we have made the below improvements for the release of Title Update 11, but work to bring the mode closer to our vision for the mode has already begun for the interim Title Update 11.1 and beyond.
    • Added greater variety and diversity in objective types as you progress through The Summit.
    • Changed the Hostage revive timer to be longer, giving more leeway to reach them before the objective fails.
    • Increased the radius of the hack zone for EMP objectives.
    • Increased the amount of loot caches scattered around the building, which contents scale with difficulty.
    • Reduced number of directives on Legendary Floors 91-100. Now has 3 random directives (previously had 4).
    • We saw the PTS feedback about this and those who prefer the tougher difficulties will not need to grind through the first 50 floors if they don't want to.
      • We are by default unlocking Rally Points up to 51 (this is the start of Heroic floors)

• In addition to the new objectives added in PTS Phase 2, there are a couple more coming for TU11
    • Adjusted frequency of certain objective types based on PTS data/feedback
    • Tuned Drone Ambush objective
    • Rogue Agent Encounters will be able to occur on Legendary Summit floors (still disabled for DC Strongholds)
    • Added exotic fireteams for Legendary (so occasionally you will see some unusual and challenging combinations of certain enemy types)
    • Crew Ambush will no longer occur on Legendary floors
    New Feature: Appearance Mods
    Appearance Mods (aka Transmog) will become available to you in Title Update 11, allowing for much greater customization of your Agent’s visual look. You will save the appearance of all obtained gear following the release of Title Update 11, allowing you to override your gear’s look with the gear of your choosing.
    • All gear is supported by Appearance Mods.
    • Weapons and Exotics are excluded.
    • Note: When logging in to TU11, you will need to log in to each of your characters to unlock the looks of all owned gear.
      • This only needs to be done once and you do not need to save the gear to keep their looks available moving forward.
    Operation Iron Horse Discovery Mode
    • Discovery mode of the Operation Iron Horse raid will be available to all players with Title Update 11.

[​IMG]

New Exotics

MPX Submachine Gun: Backfire
    • Dealing damage to enemies adds a stack of +1% critical hit damage, up to 200 stacks, lasting 10s.
    • On reload, apply a 10s bleed to yourself, which deals 0.5% armor damage per stack.
    Backpack: Memento
    • Enemies you kill drop a trophy on death. Collecting trophies provides both a short- and long-term buff, the first of which scales with the number of core attributes equipped and lasts 10s.
      • +5% weapon damage per red core
      • +10% bonus armor per blue core
      • +5% skill efficiency per yellow core

• For every trophy collected, gain an additional +1% weapon damage, +1% skill efficiency, and +0.1% armor regeneration for 300s. Maximum 30 stacks.
    Chest: Ridgeway's Pride
    • Shooting enemies within 10m applies bleed to the target.
    • Repair 1-25% of your armor per second for every enemy that is bleeding within 10m.
      • 1 enemy: 1%
      • 2 enemies: 4%
      • 3 enemies: 9%
      • 4 enemies: 16%
      • 5 enemies: 25%
    New Gear Set
    Hunter’s Fury
    An offensive gear set specializing in aggressive close combat.
    Core: Weapon Damage (Red)
    Set bonuses:
    • 2+ Pieces
      • +15% SMG Damage
      • +15% Shotgun Damage

• 3+ Pieces
      • +20% Armor on Kill
      • +100% Health on Kill

• 4+ Pieces
      • Apex Predator: Enemies within 15m receive a debuff, increasing your weapon damage against them by +20%. Killing a debuffed enemy with your weapon disorients other enemies within 5m, and amplifies weapon damage by 5% for 10s, stacking up to 5 times.

• Chest
      • Endless Hunger: Increases the duration of Apex Predator stacks from 10s to 30s.

• Backpack
      • Overwhelming Force: Increases the radius of disorient on Apex Predator kills from 5m to 10m.
    New Skill Variant
    Shrapnel Trap
    • The Shrapnel Trap scatters a minefield of small explosive devices that can attach to any surface (including enemies) and then detonate based on enemy proximity.
    • Note: This skill will become unlockable in-game when the Prime Target of Season 3 becomes available but is available on the PTS for feedback and testing purposes.
    [​IMG]

New Named Items
    SIX12 Shotgun: The Mop
    • +10% Armor on Kill
    KARD-45 Pistol: TDI "Kard" Custom
    • +1 Skill Tier when used
    Belstone Armory Chest: Everyday Carrier
    • Perfectly Efficient: Using an armor kit has a 75% chance to not consume the armor kit. Specialization armor kit bonuses are increased by 100%.
    Belstone Armory Backpack: Liquid Engineer
    • Perfect Bloodsucker: Killing an enemy adds and refreshes a stack of +12% bonus armor for 10s. Max stack is 10
    New Gear Brand
    Belstone Armory
    A defensive brand set primarily focused on self-sustain and efficient repairs.
    Core: Armor (Blue)
    Set bonuses:
    1. +1% Armor Regen
    2. +10% Armor on Kill
    3. +20% Incoming Repairs
    New Weapons
    Shotgun: SIX12
    • A compact, 6-round, cylinder-fed shotgun, optimal for close-quarters urban combat.
    Pistol: KARD-45
    • Prototype semi-automatic pistol, chambered in .45 ACP, utilizing the same technology as the Vector, but in a much smaller package.

[​IMG]

New Attribute: Skill Efficiency
    Similar to Weapon Handling, Skill Efficiency is a new attribute that modifies multiple skill-focused attribute bonuses at the same time.
    +1% Skill Efficiency is equal to:
    • +1% Skill Damage
    • +1% Skill Haste
    • +1% Skill Duration
    • +1% Skill Health
    • +1% Repair Skills
    • +1% Status Effects
    Developer comment: Skill Efficiency is currently only available on the new "Memento" exotic backpack.

New Directives
    • Fragile Armor – (Replaces “Hard to Earn”): Armor breaks apply a stack of "Broken" to the agent up to a maximum of 4. Each stack of broken reduces an agent's max armor by 20%. Using an armor kit removes one stack of Broken.
    • Scavenged Skills – (Replaces “Cool Skills”): Skill cooldowns do not progress on their own. Agents must collect Skill Parts as drops from enemies and broken weak points. Each part collected reduces cooldowns.
    Gameplay Changes

Global Events
    Developer Comment: After reviewing the Global Events as a whole, we decided that the Global Events introduced in Season 1 did not provide the power boost to agents that we desire. As such, the following global events have been re-worked to provide a significant boost to player power.

• Guardians – The buff provided from killing a Guardian angel now grants the ability to penetrate guardian protection. In addition, the buff renews its duration with each kill, permitting agents to chain kills throughout an entire fireteam without necessarily defeating all guardians first. Additionally, defeating all guardians in a fireteam now prevents the surviving members from regaining protection for an amount of time based on their veterancy. (Standard enemies will not be able to receive protection for a long time, named enemies can regain protection quite quickly.) Finally, melee attacks against protected enemies will briefly rob those enemies of their protection.
    • Polarity Switch – The shock for shooting opposite-polarity enemies has been removed. Values for the strength of the stacking buff have been updated to provide a significant power boost to agents.
    • Reanimated – The green cloud produced by killing enemies with a headshot no longer harms agents. This cloud now heals agents and provides a significant boost to their firepower while standing within it. The green cloud continues to significantly harm enemies.
    Mods
    • Mod slots on backpacks, chests, and masks are now generic, and no longer associated with a specific offensive, defensive, or utility mod type.
    • Mod slots on gear are no longer able to be recalibrated.
      • Note: Any existing gear that has had its mod slot recalibrated prior to TU11 will have that recalibration automatically refunded, allowing a new attribute or talent to be recalibrated instead.

• Added generic mod slots to all “improvised” crafting high end gear.
    Developer comment: Any type of mod (red/blue/yellow) can now be placed in any mod slot, regardless of previous brand/set or exotic gear color association. Ex: You can now place a defensive or utility gear mod into an Airaldi backpack, without needing to recalibrate the mod slot from red to blue/yellow.
    • Defensive gear mods can now drop with disorient and ensnare resistances.
    Loot
    • Rainbow loot
      • Introduced weighing to gear attributes to reduce the amount of rainbow loot.
        • The first non-core attribute has a higher chance to be of the same color as the core attribute

• Added all new Season 3 weapons and gear to the general loot pool.
    • Added the new Season 3 brand to targeted loot rotation.
    Season 2 Content
    • Updated Legacy Season cache to include weapons, gear set and named items from Season 2
    • Added Season 2 blueprints to general blueprint loot pool
    • Removed Season 2 level requirements from season 2 Exotics from all sources
    • Mantis and Vile can now be acquired from general Exotic sources (e.g. targeted loot, Exotic Caches) without any conditions
    Balance

Named Items
    • Deathgrips: Increased the armor on kill from +5% to +10%
    Gear Sets
    • Eclipse Protocol
      • Lowered Indirect Transmission on kill status effect spread from 15m to 10m
      • Proliferation now increases the range of Indirect Transmission from 10m to 15m
      • Increased Symptom Aggravator damage amplification from 15% to 30%
    Talents
    • Obliterate: Increased the number of maximum stacks of total weapon damage from 15 to 25
    PvP
    • Reduced the global PvP damage modifier from 0.35 to 0.3
    • Reverted previous change to pistol PvP damage modifiers to pre-10.1 values (buff)
    • Small increase to all shotgun, rifle, and MMR PvP damage modifiers to match global damage reduction and retain pre-TU11 time-to-kill
    • Slight reduction to overall SMG PvP damage
    • Lady Death's Breathe Free weapon damage amplification effect lowered from 75% to 60% in PvP
  5. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    So, I've finished the Season's as well as the Manhunt. Also did 61 floors of the Summit. It definitely gets more interesting at floor 51. That's Heroic. All of the floor below are pretty boring if you're close to end game. If you didn't know there's usually a key and a chest somewhere every 10 floors. I've been playing with another guy pretty regularly. We play just about every night. It's definitely more fun with a few more people.

I've been using my Pestilence/Crit Striker build while playing co-op. The Pestilence is great for crowd control. Not so great against heavy's. I might have to switch to my Rifle build soon or else add more armor and sit back and hide. It's not possible for every floor though. Sometimes you have to charge in to stop drones from coming...
  6. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I ran through the first 10 floors of Summit last night just to get back into the game. Definitely need to farm some gear and get a new build or two going. Like the look of some of these Hunter's Fury builds that are starting to crop up on Youtube.
  7. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Problem with Foundry and Fury builds is that they work well for lower level content but aren't as good for higher stuff unless you're really dedicated. They are very unforgiving on Heroic. Also at Heroic, you're not able to get as many kills to get the regen/armor stacks quick enough. And to get those stacks you give up reds so you're not able to take down heavy's quickly.

The Ongoing Directive is really fun to use but also fails at heroic like the other two. Love it for lower level stuff though. Have to try a new config to see if it works better on Heroic.

A quality skill build will get you far though. Attack Drone and Turret are very strong. Use it with a Surge or Harmony and you'll always be shooting as well. With that said, I don't think the Summit is a good place to farm. Level 4 CP's are still the best.
  8. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Ugh, so to eventually get the Exotic Harness exclusive to the Summit you have to open the crates that appear after every 3 floors. There's a 20% drop rate for that exotic part. I've found that the key for the chest doesn't always drop. I ran floors 21-26 for 4-5 hrs and no drop. For those that don't know, there are 4 exotic parts. One in each group of difficulty. To Normal/Hard/Challenging/Heroic. At floor 100 you get the blueprints.
  9. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    We came, we saw, we died... It's tough. The guy I'm playing with didn't bring more than one gearset to the party. For the 100 Floor you really need DPS. For everything else Skill Build is okay but there are three Rogue's who can hack your skills. Everyone's gotta do their part too. I wasn't able to carry him though the Legendary encounter. Since there's no checkpoints, we'll have to start over at floor 90. The worst part is having to deal with directives. Ammo Hoarder really sucks for me since I'm playing with an LMG build. There have been a few times where I've run out of ammo on the primary and secondary and had to switch to another gun class just so I could stay in the fight.

[​IMG]
  10. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    The friend I usually play with soloed 91-100 and then sent me an invite. I was with Brian and we were going to try some heroic floors. Changed things up and went to floor 100 to do the Legendary. Had a couple resets but we finished it! Basically two of us were DPS/Crit Rifle builds and Brian threw shock traps at the door opening so they Hunters wouldn't get in. Nice to make it to the top. Now the next part is a bit of a PITA. You have to give keys for all the factions, the ZeroF's named backpack and a weapon with Sadist to the Project vendor. You also have to kill 3 of each named faction leaders as well as 3 Rogue's and 3 Hunters.

I'm trying to remember the location where Jim's friend Ivan pointed out a location to spawn a Hunter with no mask. That would simplify things a bit. I think it would be a PITA to do solo Floor 100 since you'd have to do it twice to get 3 Hunters. I've already got all my DC and NY Hunters so I can't spawn them. I'm not sure if the Developers were really thinking about this problem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Wow, that's big news! You will now be able to select your own targeted loot in the Summit. Also, more check points at what seems every 3 Floors instead of 10. You can also raise the difficulty so Floor1 can be Legendary.

12. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    So, here's some tips for the Summit. Skill builds works really well in general. The skills take agro so you can sit back and stay safe. While the earlier floors are okay with other builds, once you get up into Heroic or Legendary. Ignore the Specialization but overall, this is a really strong build.

[​IMG]

Really though I'm running too much Skill. I would roll of one of the skills for Weapon Damage. The reason being Tactician specialization gives you a +1 Skill and you don't get automatic Overboost if you have more than 6 skills. With teh Named pistol, you can also get a +1 Skill when you're holding it. Using the Mechanical Animal will give you +1 Skill/Overboost with a kill and the Harmony will give you 30% Skill Damage for 5s. Then damaginging an enemy with a skill grants 30% in Weapon Damage and if you have both procked, you double the damage for both. It's a very strong build and can carry you up to floor 100.

I see a lot of people are using the new Hunter's Fury gear sets but I have to say that gear set, while fun at anything below Heroic starts to break down at Heroic and definately Legendary. A lot of builds start falling flat at Heroic and Legendary though. Now if you play in a group, they become useful again as you're not agro'ing all the enemies to yourself. The problem with Hunters Fury is that you need kills to keep the armor up. With the TTK higher in Heroic and Legendary, you'd better off with Armor Regen instead as it's not dependent on kills. Then intimidate and Adrenaline Rush. I wouldn't want to run that against the Hunters though.
  13. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Jeff, what skills are you running on the chest and backpack in that build?
  14. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Kinetic Momentum is best for the Chest piece though you could run overwatch, too. For the backpack, you want to run the Named Hana U with Forced Multiplayer.
  15. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Because we love the Summit so much...

[​IMG]

Actually the real reason for doing the last 10 floors over again was so we could fight the Hunters again. Once you get alll of the Exotics, you need to kill 3 Rogue's, which isn't that hard. But also 3 Hunters which is very difficult if you've done all of your Hunters Masks, which both of us have done. Once 11.1 drops it isn't clear if you can select the top floors anymore abnd it would be a real PITA to do all 100 floors again.

[​IMG]
  16. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Crazy, after I got the Ridgeway Chest piece, I did the Weakly Exotic Cache and got another one. Then while doing Heroic CP's today, I got a third one!
  17. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I still haven't got the drop for the piece in floors 1-10. Got 11-20 and 21-50 on the first try. Gonna need some help for the upper floors.
  18. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Probably best to farm the normal levels and then jump to the lowest level for Heroic and Legendary. The lowest levels have no directives which makes it a bit easier. Although if you haven't been there then you can't just skip floors.

The other problem is that the Summit is going to be changing at the end of the month. In which case, I think they're resetting everyone to floor 1 and you have to again climb back to floor 100. You will no longer be able to jump to a certain floor any longer. To get Ridgeways chest piece you will only have to kill 2 Hunters and 2 Rogue's and not have to look for the exotic pieces. The Rogue's may appear at any time on the regular floors. The Hunters are still going to be on floor 100. Since you can set teh towers difficulty manually and add /remove directives, it makes it a lot easier. The current way is definitely harder.
  19. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that skipping floors is why I wanted to try to farm the exotic parts before the update, but I need help to get through the upper heroic floors to get to the start of legendary. I don't quite have the gear I need to run heroic on my own, especially with directives. As I read the TU 11.1 notes, you'll still need the exotic pieces, they're just making the quest at the end to combine them easier.
  20. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    The hardest part of the 91-100 climb is getting past 96. Once you get past that, it's pretty easy. Not sure why it's scaled like that but it is. 91-95 have some Hack the computer, survive the drones and EMP's while the top half just have NPC's. You still need a fairly strong build though. Pretty much all yellow or all red are the best builds. Legendary floors are very unforgiving. That skill build I posted earlier is a strong build if used correctly. Throw ourt your skills and use a Harmony to get the buffs. Then if you see an NPC getting low on health pull out the Mechanical Animal and get that overboost. Then go back to the Harmony to keep those buffs up and repeat. Never charge ahead. For Heroic and more so Legendary, you sit back and pick them off from a distance. For a skill build you want the attack drone and attack turret. Then you're managing the drone to the right target. On top of that you're juggling your guns. The drone and turret will aggro so this helps on the hacking the computer floors which are really annoying.