The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    The Division 2 - Title Update 11.1
    Introduction
    TU11.1 is primarily a bug fix and quality of life update. It also provides a big overhaul of The Summit and an update to the Targeted Loot system.

Maintenance
    The update has a planned release date of October 20.
    TU11.1
    Release Date: October 20th

These are the so-far announced changes, more details will follow in the official patch notes.

Content
    • The Summit Update
      • Progression Rework
      • Select Difficulty / Directives
      • Targeted Loot Selection
      • Threat Scaling
      • Weekly Project
    • Targeted Loot Change
      • Higher Targeted Loot chance through active Directives
      • Individual Gear Set allocation
    The Summit Update
    The Summit will no longer have the selectable rally points every 10 floors. Instead, it is a straight shot to the top, where you can pick up your progress on whatever floor you stopped on. Finishing the Summit will cause you to begin from floor 1 again.

Select Difficulty and Directives
    In the elevator menu, you can change your difficulty and the number of Directives any time you want.

Directives increase Targeted Loot Drop Chance
    To give you more incentives to use the Directives, they further increase the chance to get targeted loot.

Threat Scaling
    [​IMG]

While you can select one difficulty setting for the entire 100 floors of the summit, there is a difficulty scaling as you climb the tower. As you ascend, you’ll encounter more bosses, more elites, and more objectives that will scale with your progress.

Targeted Loot Selection
    Within the Summit, you will also be able to select your own personal Targeted Loot, which is unique to you. If you need Assault Rifles but your friend needs Walker, Harris & Co. you can each play together and each get the Targeted Loot you’re looking for. This new functionality applies exclusively to The Summit.

[​IMG]

Weekly Project
    [​IMG]

There is a new weekly project that you can complete in The Summit. You can complete it in any difficulty you want.

Ridgeway’s Pride Exotic
    [​IMG]

They’ve seen the feedback, that it is not as desirable as it should be, and because if that it was buffed:
    • Range is now 15m (from 10m)
    • The Repair Rate was also buffed across the board.
    The Quest now only requires neutralizing 2 Hunters / Rogues and the items drop based on the floor numbers.

Additional Improvements
    • More Objectives
    • Quicker laptop interact animation (also the NPC spawn is adjusted)
    • Holding SHD Crates is more beneficial (when you control the SHD Crates, you get faster skill spawns and it deploys better skills – it stays the same as it was pre TU11.1 when it is hostile)
    • New UI notifications about Exotic fireteams, Bosses, etc.
    Summit Fixes
    These issues will be fixed with TU 11.1
    • Loot crates reset (if encountered again)
    • Select Matchmake without reloading
    • Mega-Map has correct tabs (Project / Manhunt / SHD)
    • Various UI & Map fixes
    • Improved loot from final 100th-floor enemy
    Targeted Loot Change
    These are the Targeted Loot changes that apply to the entire game:
    • Higher Targeted Loot chance through active Directives
    • Individual Gear Set allocation.
    TU11.1 Bug Fixes
    • The Firewall bug in Conflict will be addressed.
  2. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Ran some Summit with Brian on Heroic. Been playing Legendary Summit with Stallem who joined the clan. Since the update, Legendary is crazy hard. Heroic is a walk in the park in comparison. Been playing around with anew build. A variation on Mark of Bladez's build he was using for the Summit. I hate shields though. Wish I had better gear but some of the pieces you have to craft and it's next to impossible to get a God roll.

Having a lot of Protection from Elite's makes fighting Heroic Rogue's a breeze so far. Elites are all you really see in Legendary. At lower difficulties, it doesn't work as well. Still, you can face tank a lot of NPC's even heavies. It's pretty amusing. It's basically a crit build. Relying on the Memento backpack and Perfect Killer for all the dmg. With 1.4M Armor and Armor Regen, it has a lot of survivability. I'm using the Attack Drone aggro so I can then flank the NPCs. It needs some work but the RNG sucks.

Currently, the build has 71% Protection from Elites. The key is to craft Improvised gear. This gives you no brand talents but does give you a gear mod slot. I'm running some Belstone gloves since I like the Armor ReGen. The Memento backpack is fun to use. If you can smoke an NPC, and grab the token you can start stacking them and become almost invincible as long as no one melee's you. If I swap to the Improvised Gloves I can get 80% PfE. They really need to implement the optimization station from TD1 or have the craft bench roll max. Especially when you're at the end game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    So, I've been playing the open world on Heroic but I've always shied away from playing missions solo in the feer of getting stuck and then wasting my time playing. I've only played the beginning missions, Grand Washington, and the Viewpoint solo with various builds with mixed results. Now I'm going through some of the missions for the Manhunt with my Memento build which isn't anywhere near optimized and the Protection from Elite's is pretty much useless but I've been rolling through them. Did Air & Space, Jefferson Plaza, The American HistoryMuseum, Space Administration HQ, and found them pretty easy. The survivability is really good as you stack the Memento tokens. The regen also helps a lot if you get caught out in the open you can take cover and be back up really quick. Using an attack drone takes a lot of the aggro off you so you can run around freely.

Running Killer and Optimised on the chest piece with close to 60% Crit Chance and 116% Damage gives you a decent about of DPS. It's always fun to be able to go face to face with an Elite and not die in 2 seconds. The reds and purples can kill you if you're not careful. I think the reds are still doing too much DMG and the Veterans have the armor bar and a health bar. I really need to find a Fenris or Walker and Hariss chest with maxed out Weapon and both Crit to replace the SMG one I have without taking a hit on stats. Probably going to have to farm Heroic CP's for that though. The Summit sucks for farming. Heroic doesn't drop max stats often and Legendary rarely drops anything it seems. Also Legendary is even more of a PITA even without any Directives. They must have tweaked it some with TU11.1. Some of the new objectives are harder than before, especially on Legendary. I'm glad I got my Ridgeway's before the update. Now it's in my open-world drop pool. I'd probably recommend racing to the top on normal or hard then switching it to a higher difficulty at the top. If you get a crap roll, you can just reroll it at the craft station.

Also, funny how my build is close to Mark of Bladez newly updated build. Trading 10% for more weapon damage is a good st4ratagy since there are more reds and purples. Even in Heroic Missions, there are a lot of reds.
  4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    So, the Optimization Station is coming in TU12, per State of the Game. Everybody on Reddit is worried that this is signaling an approaching end of new content for Div 2, similar to what it did when they put it in Div 1.
  5. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Honestly, what else could they do? I mean other than give us a PvE DZ? Or maybe Survival?
  6. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Being able to pick up the turrets and reducing the cooldown is big news too.

7. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Finished the Manhunt event. For anyone playing on Heroic, good luck getting Schaffer. I blazed through most of the tedious stuff on Challenging them did the last 2 parts on Heroic, the bounty, and the mission. Out of the event, I got a Memento and a Bullet King. TU 11.1 really screwed with my build though as the Dev's countered the Protection from Elite builds which sucks. Instead of Elite's, they replaced them with more reds and Veterans. Kinda shitty to do that. Though it still works well against the few Elites Rogues and Hunters. I don't think I'd spec more than 70% in PFE.
  8. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  9. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    New State of the Game. Talking about the PTS and the upcoming TU12.

10. Manifold

Manifold Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just started playing Division 2 on the PS4. Single player at the moment and around level 24. What a game.
    Jeffy likes this.