1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. WJL1984

WJL1984 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ran with a group of myself and two of my other buddies last night in the DZ. We are all 17-19. Wow it is fun, especially going rogue and taking peoples gear. The loot in the DZ is worth the risk and significantly better, even at those levels.

IGN gave the game a score of 6.5/10. To each their own but I thought this would have been an 8 or a 9 at the least. Seems like reviews are mixed across the board but this is the most fun I've had in video games in a while.
  2. kingdm54

kingdm54 Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think people don't like it because you can't go around and 1 shot everything like in some FPS games. I have to agree with Jungles. I plays more like WOW with guns. Which is why I am enjoying it.
  3. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    No love for the PS4?? I've been an XBOX guy all my life, but when it came time to upgrade my 360, I went with the PS for 3 main reasons:
    1. Battlefront. It has great visuals and it's kinda fun, but I still like Destiny on my 360 better.
    2. You can set your own wallpaper.
    3. They don't charge an annual fee like Xbox does.

Well yeah, what a surprise... they DO charge a fee now, and starting with PS4, you can't set your own wallpaper anymore. And their themes totally suck. If it wasn't for the Star Wars theme that came with the game, I'd be running a blank background.

At least there's good news on the horizon, it's looking like PS and MS are going to open up cross-platform access, so the XB1 and the PS4 can play on the same servers with (or against) each other.
  4. Bluebone

Bluebone half band

Oddometer:
    i finally got to lvl 14 last night. did it the hard way just doing side missions, encounters and just running around killing baddies. took forever.
  5. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    When do you usually play? It seems like Dave and I will catch up soon. My Lvl 17 hasn't even finished Time Square but then I started doing them out of order and did some higher ones.

We usually play start around 7-8 pm PST. Although I'm usually jumping on for a bit around 3-4pm for a bit.
  6. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Well, the game heavily
    I'll add you to the list if you want. I think the mane reason is the type of games that are usually run on the platforms. PS owners seem to be less twitch. I've got a PS4 but I mainly use it for indi games and some RPG's not to mention a BD player.
  7. SJSharkfan

SJSharkfan Long timer

Oddometer:
    One tip I learned to reduce your inventory without selling deconstructing things. If you equip guns you AREN'T using with equipment you don't want to get rid of, it only counts as 1 slot. So load up those guns with all the scopes and crap then stash them. If you try to deconstruct a loaded up gun it will give you a warning first.

I realized something last night, as I level up so do the street thugs. I was feeling all bad ass and decided to take on a group of three random thugs. When the axe wielding shield guys didn't go down as planned I knew I was in trouble! Took me three tries. Maybe they are just tougher down at the docks.:gun1:turkish
    Jeffy likes this.
  8. SJSharkfan

SJSharkfan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm really enjoying this game. So much I put Black Ops 3 on Craigslist.
  9. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Yeah, they all scale up. Especially if you team up with someone who's a higher level player. This means you have to upgrade all your gear if you lvl up. The higher level guns are nicer though. With my lvl 17, I see a lot more Performance weapons in the stores and Armory.
  10. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I'm Eastern time, so during the week, I'm usually on 7-9pm or so in my time zone. I'll be able to stay up later on the weekends.....
  11. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I'm sure once Squelch gets back we'll all be up for regular weekend gaming.
  12. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I ended up replacing my SCAR-L for a Police M4 with some mods in my lvl 12. I think I like the faster RPM of the M4's. Add stability and it like a ray gun. The AK doesn't seem to be a good choice. It's got a lot more recoil and the DPS is only marginally higher then the M4. The SCAR-L had a slower RPM but damage is a little better then the M4 and it's more stable then the AK. Shotguns seem to be more of a last resort tool. If you're close enough to use it, you're already alerting the NPC's and they're shooting at you.
  13. mississippimadman

mississippimadman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Get the m1a socom it does good damage and shoots a lot faster than the scar-h
  14. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I don't think the SOCOM appears until you're around lvl 13-14. (might even be 15) I currently have a SRS and the Police M4 on my Lvl 12. I know some guns aren't available until you get to a certain level.
  15. Squelch

Squelch Everyday People Supporter

Oddometer:
    Won't be back until Saturday or Sunday - depends on work. :(
  16. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Dood! You're gonna to be left behind! :hide Nah, Dave and I are going kinda slow. You'll be able to catch up quickly. You've got the tech guy for your base right? That opens up the EXP perk so you can level up much faster.
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Finally got a game in with kingdm54!

Here he is with the Seaker. It's pretty cool. It follows the NPC and explodes. Though sometimes it's dumb and runs into obstacles and blows up nothing.
    [​IMG]

We did the Time Square mission and it was pretty good.
    [​IMG]

Then I played some more with Offthegrid
    [​IMG]

At the boss he left me hanging while he killed everyone by himself. Beware, he won't hold the elevator for you!
    [​IMG]
    Off the grid likes this.
  18. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I saw you guys on and was about ready to ping you.....and then the wife decided she wanted to go out to dinner.
  19. andruboz

andruboz Serial overfiller

Oddometer:
    put me down as a ps4 player..
    bozerforce ps name
  20. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Maybe next time! We're really close to getting the first ADV 3 man team together. :lol3 I believe the max is 4 players. I wish it was 6 like with most classic co-ops. I'd imagine, you'd want to spread to be within 5 lvl's so it doesn't make it impossible for the lowest guy.