The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Well, Offthegrid and I got two 3-man games in today. One with MN_Smurf and another with kingdm54. I have to say as much fun as playing with 2 people 3 is exponentially more fun. The enemy scales up nicely to almost crazy proportions. We played Time Square and it was a whole lot of fun. With 2 people there were maybe 2 snipers. With 3 there were at least 5! Then there were at least double the enemy engagements. I can only imagine a 4 man team being crazy. Unfortunately I didn't get any good screen caps because the fighting was so intense.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I switched to my level 19, kingdm54 has a 17 and Offthegrid had a 14. (Looks like he lvl'ed up twice in that time) Didn't seem that bad with that spread.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There was celebrating after a mission...

[​IMG]

And long lines at the vendor table...

[​IMG]
  2. kingdm54

kingdm54 Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Group play is way more fun. Jeff thanks for all the help. I know nothing about the weapons in the game and he has helped me by answering all my noob questions.
    Off the grid likes this.
  3. OConnor

OConnor Bad juju

Oddometer:
    What are you guys using for comm software? In-game or Teamspeak?
  4. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    No problem. There's a Wikia for the game but the infor on it isn't that current. If you know firearms, then you can get a decent idea of what will works and what doesn't but there are some oddballs. Like the AUG which is a SMG. There is actually a 9mm AUG but they are using the 5.56 model.

Currently we have been using the in-game but I'm going to add the Teamspeak info as well. In-game seems to work alright and the nice thing is it shows you who's talking or who has their mic open.
  5. OtterChaos

OtterChaos Guzzi Sud!

Oddometer:
    I'm Zinfan on the PC and OtterChaos on the XB1 but I think I'll mostly play on the PC as I just built a powerful one and have a sick monitor. Check out the Division at 3440x1440, it kinda feels like cheating

[​IMG]

On the left is the XB1 on a 30" dell and on the right the same scene with the 34" 21:9 monitor. So nice.

I have been playing solo using a turtle beach headset so I'm not sure the chat function works as I've never really used it but I would be willing to try it out with you guys.
    Off the grid likes this.
  6. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  7. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    The Ultra Wide looks great. I'm playing on a 2560x1440. What level are you?

Squelch - 7
    Offthegrid - 14
    MN_Smurf - 15
    Kingdm54 - 18

and I have a 15 and 20
  8. OtterChaos

OtterChaos Guzzi Sud!

Oddometer:
    I'm level 8 only but hope to play today to get that up a bit. Level 9 Dark Zone rank, lots of fun/tension going solo in the DZ.
  9. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Keep in mind DZ XP doesn't transfer to your regular XP. I think only Kingdm54's done the DZ so far. I think most of us are holding off till we can get a group together.
  10. OConnor

OConnor Bad juju

Oddometer:
    Ah! You just cost me $46.20 Jeff! I see it doesn't use the Beta character either. Guess I'll be taking some catch-up time tonight. Oh the wife is going to love this. :lol3
  11. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Hey, at least she'll know where you are! It's pretty easy to scale up. Just do the missions on Normal and you'll get to lvl pretty fast. The first is the Doctor and then I suggest getting the Tech guy next. Once you get him you'll get a EXP boost. The game doesn't really start til you get to Manhattan Island. I might start a new character if I see you on.

I ended up getting the Season Pass.
    Off the grid likes this.
  12. Big Red One

Big Red One If yer gonna be one...

Oddometer:
    I play on PC as Scalper_7. Only level 9 so far. My computer keeps having an issue where it gives me gamepad controls when I try to log in sometimes - which makes the game unplayable. Other times it works just fine. I've downloaded all the drivers, just can't get it figured out.
  13. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I don't know about playing with a gamepad. I get what seem to be random crashes. I think it might be related to the VOIP since it doesn't seem to happen when I play SP.

OConnor seems to be grinding XP to catch up with the main group. Squelch is 15 and Offthegrid is 18.
    OConnor likes this.
  14. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    So we had our first 4-Man group today!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a message someone left...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weird glitch with his gun floating 5 ft above him.

[​IMG]

I'm thinking the fun really happens when I play my Lvl 20 with kingdm54's 19. They enemies spawn in really quick and you can get several outside groups alerted and come into an Encounter. Things get really hectic and fun.

On another note, I noticed that the Stash is even connected to your other character builds. So you can dump higher gear into it for a lower character. Never noticed it till today.
    Off the grid likes this.
  15. OConnor

OConnor Bad juju

Oddometer:
    Only got to 7th. I was having a lot of issues with the game locking up and booting me back to Windows. Went back and uninstalled/re-installed AMD drivers then edited a registry key and that cured it.

Anyone use the M44 rifle for sniping. Looks like great damage but only 5 rounds so I stuck with the tried and true M1A.
  16. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I currently have a 3, 17 and 20 now. I think Offthegrid is also starting a new character.

Stick with the M1A. It will serve you well in the beginning until you can get a SRS. The M4 is also a good starter gun. Has little recoil and has a fast RPM. You get one early on and it's pretty good in all levels.

For my Lvl 17, I just got a Socom M1A from my Lvl 20 that I Stashed in the crate. I also dumped a bunch of other gear I had been collecting. Too bad I didn't know about this earlier or else I'd stash blue items from the beginning so I could use them with lower characters.

I think for now, you're the lowest guy. If you do the Missions like I mentioned, you should be able to get Lvl 10 quickly. Check the stats on the Missions/Encounters/Side Missions to optimize your EXP. Encounters will start to repeat after a while as well as side missions. Main missions can be done once for EXP then you can only redo them for currency.
  17. Off the grid

Off the grid Morally flexible Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a lvl 18 and just started a new char, lvl 8 now. Wanted to take my time, do some of the story arc, learn more strats/gear/locations.

Fun game!
  18. Big Red One

Big Red One If yer gonna be one...

Oddometer:
    I'm liking SCAR-H as a marksman rifle. Good size magazine, quick firing, good damage. I tend to run that as my primary and whatever subgun as secondary for the close-in, hose-em-down engagements. I think right now it's an MP-5 burst.

And a 1911 sidearm. If I'm down to that, things have gone seriously wrong and I'm about to respawn anyway...
  19. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Once you get the Canine Unit of the Tech wing up, you unveil the locations of all the collectibles which makes finding them much easier. The only real story line is at the beginning and when you do the Story line Missions Then you get micro stories from the echo locations. I've added the plot line to the first post. I've added a few more video's on the first post as well.

The SCAR-H isn't bad but it doesn't have the same DPS as the bolt actions nor the M1A. The downside is less capacity.

You'll find there are times when you want to use the pistol first. it has unlimited ammo so you can use it to shoot bombs, drones, rats... There's also a perk where you have a high percentage chance of refilling all the ammo in your Slot I with a pistol kill. There will be times where you can inadvertently run out of ammo with your Slot I and II. Make sure the two guns in those slots aren't feeding off the same ammo. You only get around 100 rounds of Marksman ammo and 600 rounds of Assault Rifle ammo. I think LMG and SMG is around 800 rounds.
    Off the grid likes this.
  20. OConnor

OConnor Bad juju

Oddometer:
    +1 on the pistol. I use the riot shield w/pistol on any engagement of 4 or less to save long-gun ammo.