The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Bluebone

Bluebone half band

Oddometer:
    i'm having a hard time finding a decent auto gun that doesnt recoil so badly. the 1st 2 shots may hit then they go way off target and cant get them back on before taking a lot of damage.
  2. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I'd go with an M4 or better yet a Lightweight M4 with a stability grip. LMG's not going to be stable at all even with a grip.

Got my Lvl 3 up to 7! I should mention that I got a M44 in a crate and started to use it. it's not bad. DPS is high but it's slow. You can still get good fast headshots with it though and those are usually one shot kills. The armored guy's you run into early on aren't too hard either. 5 or so headshots will take the first boss down.
  3. Big Red One

Big Red One If yer gonna be one...

Oddometer:
    Based on the assumption that it's my computer and not the game causing issues, I am downloading Win10 today to see if that helps. Also uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but won't play it until the new OS is in place. Mama gave me the go-ahead for an SSD, so I'll get one of those ordered today as well.
  4. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I uninstalled and re-installed today and it seems to be running better.

The SSD will be a nice upgrade if you're used to a HHD. Although this game doesn't have any major load sequences unless you go into an elevator. Other then that, it's pretty seamless so you shouldn't notice any dips in performance. You'll really notice it when your computer boots and shuts down though. It's much faster. I'm running a 250GB SSD and a 2T HHD. Before my 2T WD Black was my main drive.
  5. Big Red One

Big Red One If yer gonna be one...

Oddometer:
    While I was at Newegg, I upgraded my video card as well; going to a 950 to replace the 650.
  6. JonU

JonU Long timer

Oddometer:
    add my name to the PC list Larvell_JonesJU. Myself and a friend are already up to 30 and doing the dailies rigt now. I highly recommend deconstructing your gear instead of selling it. Some of the best gear comes from crafting and you will want all the materials you can get.
    Off the grid likes this.
  7. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Looks like, I've played with just about everyone on the PC side. Played with 5 different people just today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Off the grid

Off the grid Morally flexible Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great games this weekend, fellas. Much more fun with a group of 3-4.
    Gotta start exploring the Dark Zone.

Jeff, still can't see your screenshots. :bluduh
  9. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Mr. Bean tribute.

[​IMG]

For some reason everyone was looking at the walls.

[​IMG]

Ran into the first of the Lost Division.

[​IMG]
    Off the grid likes this.
  10. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    It was fun playing with you guys this weekend....
    Jeffy and Off the grid like this.
  11. andruboz

andruboz Serial overfiller

Oddometer:
    my 4 man group on saturday had me, someone who spoke french, someone who spoke chinese, and the last guy was japanese. together we went from level 3 to level 8. pretty good time. japanese guy revived me multiple times. the one time i tried to tell them all to get out of the yard and up on the balcony they figured out what i was trying to say fairly quickly.

ended up with my first blue weapon. 870 shotty. not impressed. but the overall dps and stability of level 7/8 weapons seems much better than the 3's and 4's that were pissin me off.
    whose butt do you have to kiss to get a snipe rifle at this low level?
  12. Bluebone

Bluebone half band

Oddometer:
    deconstruct a lot of those green weapons. you should be pretty close to being able to craft the M1A.
  13. andruboz

andruboz Serial overfiller

Oddometer:
    i watched the hardcore gamer from work play this weekend too. at one point he had a 10 man jumping jack party going while waiting for an extraction in the dark zone. didn't know you could get that many people to chill out. he offloaded all his gear and then found a little more. when he tried to extract the little more [without the other 9 guys around] he picked a bad spot on the map and was mowed down by a lvl30 yellow bar boss over and over again. i think he either broke his controller or gave up. didnt look fun at all...
  14. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I've never found a use for a shorgun unless you like running up to the guy's and popping them. But then you have to make sure you get them in one shot and there aren't a group of them around. There are some situations where a shotgun would be nice but most engagements are at a pretty good distance and you're better off with a rifle and a marksman or a SMG or a LMG. I recently switched from a lvl 14 green Lightweight M4 to a Lvl 21 Blue AUG Para XS and it's twice the damage but less range. It's still very stable which is the best thing. I did love that Lightweight M4 but couldn't find a one that was higher level. I ended up crafting the one I had. Now I need to find a SMG suppressor since I usually dump all of my SMG parts.

I think most people just want to extract their gear and go. The problem is anyone can be go rogue and so everyone's keeping an eye on everyone else. I'm interested in the NPC's in the Dark Zone but I would want a team with me. Would be cool if you could talk to anyone with the directional chat and not just those in your team.
  15. JonU

JonU Long timer

Oddometer:
    When in the Darkzone, you can talk to anyone as long as they are nearby. I'm not sure how close you have to be but I have had conversations and joined groups by asking while standing nearby.
  16. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    THE DIVISION – BETTER LOOT DROPS, EXPLOIT FIXES, AND MORE COMING IN NEW PATCH
    by Giancarlo Varanini | Content Communications Manager | on March 21, 2016 | 5 comments | in The Division

Some changes are coming to The Division tomorrow thanks to patch 1.0.2, which addresses a number of issues across all platforms. For starters, named enemies will now drop better loot in Challenge mode than they will in the game’s hard mode. Additionally, named NPCs will no longer respawn in the open world, preventing players from farming that particular NPC for loot. Meanwhile, in the Dark Zone, players can fast travel to checkpoints, but only from outside the Dark Zone and players killed in the Dark Zone will now drop ammo, medkits, and grenades (which will not be taken from the killed player’s inventory). Some of the other Dark Zone changes include:

• Players killed in the Dark Zone will lose less Dark Zone Funds and Experience (Rogue and non-Rogue)
    • Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for surviving Rogue status have been improved
    • Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for killing Rogue agents have been improved
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Ah, that's cool. They should allow that in the Safe houses or at least Camp Hudson.
  18. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    Lots of times when new games come out, (as everyone knows) they're more hype than substance, so I rented Division from Redbox yesterday, for my PS4.
    Then I spent 90 minutes downloading updates. I have to say, it was worth the wait, I played for an hour or so, did lots of running, completed the first mission and both side missions, and I think I'm at level 2 or 3 now. The shotgun is crap, and I'm hoping to see some better optics soon.
    I forgot to pull the game out to return it this morning, but I gotta go buy this one!! After Fallout 4, I just wasn't impressed, and even Battlefront seemed like it was really old-school predictable with new graphics laid on top.
    And after playing Destiny (continually since it came out), I really missed the 2-3 man fire teams in there, so I'm pretty stoked about this game.

Add me to the list... I'm all over this one. Red5_Vegas
    Off the grid likes this.
  19. JonU

JonU Long timer

Oddometer:
    I haven't even used the shotguns, but I do enjoy the sawed off shotgun as a sidearm.
  20. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    That's what I used the most as well. The damage from the sawed off is brutal if you get up close. I tried the SASG-12 and it was okay but I with they would have made them shoot slugs so you can get some range.