The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    That's exactly the problem I ran into... in a crowded room and the first guy rushes me... takes 2 shots with the shotgun to bring him down.
    Then the next guy shooting at me is like 30-40 feet away, and the shotgun barely wounds him.
    If someone is getting that close to me, I'll use a pistol or whatever, it holds more ammo, and then swap back to the SMG for medium range stuff.
  2. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I read up on it and supposedly there's a limit of 8 people. Seems there was a bug with it in the Beta.

I still have the bug where you can't go fullscreen/black screen without the game crashing immediately when loading. Turning off Uplay overlay's fixes that but then you get the pop-up saying that you really should leave it on. Fullscreen gies you a decent FPS boost over Windowed, too. This bug is form the Beta as well.

Here's some other bugs.

http://segmentnext.com/2016/03/08/h...ashes-fps-bugs-connection-and-related-issues/

The Division Errors, Crashes, Bugs, Black Screen and other Related problems with Fixes
    #1 The Division Intro Black Screen Fix
    On launching the game, if you are only seeing a black screen with music in the background, you should try pressing Alt+Enter. If that doesn’t resolve the black screen issue, you should try running the game in the windowed mode.

To do that, in your Launch options (in Steam) set the game to run in ‘windowed’ mode. When the game starts in windowed mode, you can press Alt+Enter now to get to full screen. Just make sure that the resolution you are using in-game, should be supported by your screen or you will get the black screen.

#2 The Division Delta 20010186 Error Fix
    The error will occur if you are unable to connect to the servers. There could be two reasons; one the servers are actually down or your router is unable to establish the proper connection.

To resolve the latter issue, you should make sure that your firewall/antivirus tool is not blocking your game. You also need to check if the required ports are open or not. This should fix your connectivity issue.

Also,

#3 The Division Game Minimizing on Launch
    The issue is being faced by a lot of users but luckily there is a potential fix and it might very well work for you too. Fist, go to /My Documents/My Games/The Division/ and open the file state.cfg via a text document.

Find the value that says “FullScreen” and set it to true. Save the settings and disable any background applications you might be running.

If it doesn’t fix The Division minimize issue, you should delete The Division folder from /My Documents/My Games/The Division/ altogether. On launching the game again, it will create a new folder and hopefully it will work fine this time.

#4 The Division Crashes With or Without a Message
    There are a few things you can try out to fix The Division crash issue. First, as mentioned in #3, try disabling your background applications. If you are an Nvidia user and have the latest drivers installed, try rolling back to previous version as there have been reports about the drivers being unstable.

The crashes could also occur due to missing or faulty files so it’s recommended that you verify your game files either via Steam or Uplay.

#5 The Division Faulty Module Crashes
    If you are not sure (you aren’t getting a message) what is causing your game to crash, you can use MSINFO file to pinpoint your crash. How to do that? Follow these simple steps:

Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press ‘R’ to open a command prompt.
    Type MSINFO32
    Click OK

Here you can check the application crash related to The Division. Mostly it will .dll file related. In that case, you can the relevant solution easily and fix the issue.

#6 The Division Connectivity Issues
    Since The Division is an online game, connectivity issues are expected to be common. The problems including latency, disconnection, unable to connect etc could be due to multiple reasons. So step-by-step general troubleshooting is best way to resolve the problem permanently.

#7 The Division Performance Issues/Bad FPS
    If latest Nvidia drivers are stable for you, there is no reason to roll them back. Try lowering your visual settings a bit and see if the performance is improved. However, if you are experiencing crashes, rolling back your drivers could also resolve the performance issues.

If you are using a laptop, just make sure that your machine is plugged in while gaming. If there are any other applications running in the background, try closing them.

If you are using multiple screens setup, disconnect one of your screens while you are installing the latest Nvidia driver and it should not present you any problem. As for AMD users, there haven’t been many reports about any performance related issues.

#8 The Division Controller Plugged in Issue
    If your game is not taking input from your keyboard or your mouse then this means that you have a peripheral connected. Disable/remove it to solve the issue. You will have to restart your game to make it work.

#9 The Division Bugs
    Some of the bugs and issues have already been listed as known by the developer. So if you are facing any of these issues, just follow the workaround or wait for the next patch to arrive.

#10 The Division Crashes After the First Screen
    If you are facing this issue and you have also tried verifying your game files. You should try downloading the game again from Uplay. I know it’s a hectic task but if you want to get into the game as soon as possible, it’s worth a shot.
  3. Big Red One

Big Red One If yer gonna be one...

Oddometer:
    Hmm, #8 seems to be what I'm experiencing; I wonder if my wireless trackball is causing the issue? Is that a peripheral?

You can tell that I know just enough about computers to get myself in trouble.
  4. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    Your trackball is a peripheral. So is a printer.
  5. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Jeff, sorry I had to bail so quick last night......the perils of west coast playing with east coast.....
  6. Bluebone

Bluebone half band

Oddometer:
    We need more xbox players. So far the match up system had been a bit of a bust.
  7. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    I played for another hour or so last night. I had the same experience with the match system- it hooked me up with 3 guys that were running around randomly, and only 1 had a headset. The other two ran off in different directions.

I teamed up with the 4th guy to finish the POLICE SIEGE mission. I had done it previously but stopped at the end when you go down the rope, and we went to dinner. When I came back, I had to do the whole mission over again. I finally got an M4 at the end of that mission, and got out of Brooklyn. Uh... that's about it.

Today I have to turn in the Redbox rental, and I'll buy the game (PS4) in a few days or so. Lots of motorcycle work to do this week and weekend, and I don't need the distraction.
  8. WJL1984

WJL1984 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Jeffy, can you change my xbox gamertag to Dump1984. I think you got my name confused with another inmates on the first page. My main guy is level 27 and I will be down to play with any of you FF's. They decreased the amount of lost experience when you die in the DZ in this patch. Hopefully, this and the increase in better loot will result in some true PvP action in the DZ.
    Jeffy likes this.
  9. SJSharkfan

SJSharkfan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I need to partner up with some of you guys, especially when going into the DZ. I went in last night
    ( only 2nd time in) immediately ran into a fire fight. I didn't know good from bad so I just started shooting. :2guns
    I got killed twice and got one bad guy. So then I just started exploring and got lost. Didn't find anything :dirtdog
    I'm pretty clueless in the DZ. I might have to watch some videos today.
  10. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    No big deal. I got in with Squelch for some running around before he went to bed too.

I ended up re-installing my game at least three times yesterday. I was trying to clear up some errors and was getting other problems where the game wasn't recognized by Uplay and would get stuck trying to load it. Ended up reinstalling Uplay as well.

After reading some troubleshooting articles. The main one is still not being able to run Fullscreen with U-play's in-game Overlays. I get the Black screen like everyone mentioned then do an Alt-Enter and the game goes to Framed which gets it running. Then if you go to the Settings and try to force it to Fullscreen the game crashes back to the desktop. This has been an issue since the Beta. The workaround is to turn off Ingame Overlays in Uplay but then you will get an annoying popup saying it's not a good idea to play without overlays which is total crap. The other thing I've seen is that the FPS drops when you run VSYNC and cap your FPS at 60FPS. You might get some tearing but the bump in FPS was something like 10 FPS for me. Fullscreen/VSync Off/FPS 120 Cap. I still need to see if it's similar with the 60FPS cap in.

I also read that the issue Offthegrid was having with his audio is also a bug. They said the workaround was to use Push-To-Talk which he's now using.

You can see the current Bug Report here. - http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1024-Technical-Support
  11. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Here's some stuff on building your character. Also, I was reading that you can set macro's for bullets, grenades and such so you don't have to use the crappy option wheel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4b04u1/best_in_slot_stat_guide_how_armor_works_best/

What does Armor Does:
    From /u/gray_hound The more armor you have, the more you benefit from it. Looking at multiple points you get a static 1% DR for 71.9 armor (at lvl 30). Going from 20% Armor to 30% armor is an effective Damage Reduction (DR) of 1- .7/.8 = .125 = 12.5% Going from 55% armor to 65% armor (cap) is an effective DR of 1 - .35/.45 = .222 = 22.2% Not only that, but as you gain more armor the ratio of 1% DR per armor drops from 71.9 down to closer to 71, making it even stronger.

Armor mitigates GUN damage - if you are pumped with a grenade, there is no hope for you.

Where to get armor from:
    All gear has built in armor bonuses. However, the following gear can roll +armor on them:

1. Body Armor ( largest bonus)
    2. Back Pack
    3. Knee Pads
    4. Holster
    While I am still working on the formula, I have figured out that:

Low Armor:
    If you have all purple armor, with no +armor bonus, you'll sit somewhere between 35% and 38-39% damage reduction

Personally, I sat at 2680 armor and 37.24% gun damage reduction

Medium Armor
    If you have all purples with 1-2 armor bonuses, you'll sit between 40-49% damage reduction - this really depends which gear you have the mods on, as chest pieces have more bonus armor

With a +armor chest piece / knee pads I hit 3484 armor, and 48.81% damage reduction

High Armor
    If you have all purples with 2-4 +armor bonuses, you'll sit between 48-53-60% damage reduction.

With chest / knee pads / backpack with +armor I was able to get 3709 armor, and 51.96% damage reduction

So how much armor do you need?
    From what I can see, it is easy for most players to land in the medium armor range and benefit from the solid 40-49% gun damage reduction. Just two decently rolled pieces of gear can easily get you to 45%+

To get into the high tier armor bracket, you'll need 3-4 +armor pieces. You shouldn't be eating damage if you plan on doing damage, so don't waste stats on armor imo

Best Stats Per Gear Piece
    Potential Stat Rolls + Ranking (Only listing top tier stats)

Body Armor (3 bonuses allowed): 1. Armor 2. Damage to Elites 3. Gear mod slot 4. Protection from Elites

Body armor doesn't have life changing potential bonuses - Because of this, I'd suggest on your chest piece to grab:

1. +Armour
    2. +Elite Damage
    3. Your choice of mod slot / health on kill / protection from elites
    Back Pack (1 primary stat)

1. Critical hit damage
    2. Armor
    Highly recommend taking critical hit damage, as only 3 pieces of gear can get it. If you are low armor however, you may need the bonus armor to survive.

Knee Pads (two bonuses allowed):

1. Critical Damage
    2. Armor
    3. Damage to Elites
    4. Gear Mod
    5. Protection from elites
    Knee pads allow for bonus critical hit damage, one of the best stats in the game for DPS.

Tankier Build: Armor + Critical Hit damage

DPS Build: Damage to Elites + Critical Hit damage

(gear mod slots are ok, but I personally don't like them)

Holster (one bonus)

1. Armor
    2. Gear mod
    3. Protection from elites
    This order is is pretty well the same for what you should pick.

Need armor? +Armor

Need health? Stamina gear mod

Need damage? Firearm mod

Gloves ( 3 bonus DPS KINGS):

1. Critical Hit Damage
    2. Critical Hit Chance
    3. + Weapon Base Damage
    4. +Damage to Elites
    Gloves are one of the biggest boosts to your overall damage in the game. Take +Weapon damage for PVP and +Elite damage for PVE content

Masks (two bonuses):

1. Critical hit chance
    2. +Damage to elites
    3. Gear Mod Slot
    Masks are one of the only slots that provide bonus critical hit chance. Please get it haha.

If you run an smg build, you can focus on a gear mod slot and bonus elite damage...but crit chance is always amazing.

recap
    For gear that you can feel alright getting +armor on:

1. Chest
    2. Knee pads
    For DPS:

All other gear should focus on damage dealing bonuses such as critical hit damage, critical hit chance, and bonus damage to elites

For Tanking:

More armor can be chosen, +health bonuses, and mod slots.

Notice:
    I recognize I may not have your exact build in mind. However, these stats are pretty well universally "valuable" in any MMO / Loot Based game

Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed,

Mtashed

Edit:
    Great point by crabmandu: "Considering you get 7 gear mod slots, each can land 140~ stats and a random major attribute including 1.5% crit chance. By not prioritizing mod slots on each gear piece, you literally will lose out on 1000~ stat points and 11%~ crit chance. That is the difference between 150k DPS and 200k, while keeping your HP relatively the same. TL;DR mod slots are absolutely the best major attributes on gear slots, and should always be prioritized over other major attributes unless for very specific builds. This of course is just my opinion :)" - This does require nearly perfect rolls on your mods that go inside your mod slots, but still a valid point
    Off the grid likes this.
  12. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the joys of a console... it runs smoothly with no crashes, but that option wheel... and I'm still trying to find a faster way to just toss a grenade that doesn't involve 2 or 3 steps. Something about looking like a pop-up target while I'm aiming it.
  13. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Here's another video where he discusses another build.

14. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Got in a little firefight with JonU. Sorry I couldn't stick around longer.

Came back later and only Oconnor was playing but I wanted to up my Lvl 25 and didn't want to hose his game. So far, I have all the collectibles on the north west though south side of the island. I've only got one more Mission to teh south East before I start moving north on the east side.

kingdm54 and I saw this unfortunate guy stuffed in a tree netting machine.

[​IMG]

Someone had a grow lab too...
    [​IMG]
    Off the grid likes this.
  15. OConnor

OConnor Bad juju

Oddometer:
    Only 14th level. I get side-tracked pretty easily with so much to look at. I see you guys (on the map) running around in the deep end so I head that direction and run into a group of machine-gunners about 5 levels higher and get wasted. :gun2 This game is fun as hell. Hopefully they keep adding to it.
    Off the grid likes this.
  16. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    It's really easy to get side-tracked. You go towards a mission or side-mission and then you end up running into encounters all over the place. It gets really crazy when you have a group of high-level characters as you'll have multiple 8 person encounters all converging on the group because they hear the shooting.
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Here's something you'd never see at the Farmers Markets.
    [​IMG]

Unfortunate JTF...
    [​IMG]

JonU decided to join us for a few.
    [​IMG]
    Off the grid likes this.
  18. WJL1984

WJL1984 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jeffy, I love the screen shots you are providing. I ran with a group last night in the DZ. I am level 30 now. It is insanely challenging, in a good way. Boss mobs are difficult and the drops are good. It is so unnerving to be sitting there with a packet full of good items and have another group draw down on you waiting for you to make a move.
  19. Crocker

Crocker Just passing through Supporter

Oddometer:
    so, long story short I switched over to PS4. I had friends with PS4 that all picked up the division and figured I would join up so bought the game for PS4.

Game is much better played with a group, and I've been running < 50% success with pick up groups.

Got up to level 7 last night, babby_nebula is my PSN name. I wish I could change that :(
  20. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Most of the guy's I've been playing with haven't gone into the DZ. I've wandered in there once but then wandered back out. Though I'm sure now that many of us are closing in on the big Lvl 30, we'll be wandering in the DZ for some more PvE missions.