The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    So, here's what I've learned about the Black Screen and crashing when switching to Fullscreen. Hope it helps someone else.

If you get the black screen but can hear audio, press Alt-Enter and that will switch the game to Windowed mode. Then you can go into Settings and change it to Fullscreen. If your game crashes to Desktop don't worry. Seems Uplay can't be opened on the Desktop. You have to Minimize it and start the game from the Right-Click tab menu. The game might still start up in Windowed mode though. You can fix that by going into My Games in the Documents Folder and opening GFXSettings.Rogue_x64 in Notepad. Find windowed and change it to fullscreen. Then go into Properties and make it Read-only. It's a PITA but you'll have a few frames if you run in Fullframe and not in Windowed mode.

So here's my current Lvl 28. I've got him setup for SMG but he fulfills all of the extra requirements for the other guns, too. The gloves give me a SMG bonus or something like +140.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's some more graffiti art I came across as well.
    [​IMG]
    Off the grid likes this.
  2. Bluebone

Bluebone half band

Oddometer:
    i tried going into the DZ tonight for the 1st time. solo. pfft! got slaughtered. just from the AIs. i never did see another player which i thought was weird.
    so i went back out and got on some random team and stumbled upon a glitch. there's a place in the map where i just fall thru the street into a huge white void. i can see the whole bottom of the city above as a fall. i fall a long ways too with my characters arms just flailing away. finally he hits bottom and has to wait 8 seconds before respawning back at a safehouse. it happened twice at the same area. the second time i was running behind a teammate and i saw him just drop thru the street. i stopped and turned to go on the other side of the semi that was sitting in the middle of the street but as soon as i got to the other side i still fell thru.
  3. JonU

JonU Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a glitch that needs reporting
  4. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    That was common during the Beta.
  5. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting there...
    [​IMG]

I don't know what this cluster was about...
    [​IMG]

Ubisoft's NYC office is a Safe House.
    [​IMG]

Looks like there's at least one new mission that's coming soon.
    [​IMG]
    Off the grid likes this.
  6. JonU

JonU Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, that is where the incursion mission will be.
  7. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    I'm not even sure what the DZ is, or how to tell if I'm there. I did wander through town and then thru a hazmat-type compound and out the other end.
    Then a ways farther, I ran across the Christmas lights in the street.
  8. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    You kinda have to listen to Faye Lau, Roy Benitez and Paul Rhodes for the storyline. You probably missed out when they talked about the Dark Zone, where it is and why it's there. It's the giant Red Zone in the middle of the map. You have to walk through two sets of gates to get in or out.

[​IMG]
  9. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Well, pushed my first toon to level 30.....just the UN left to conquer.
  10. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Congrats! There are a few of us in the 30 Club. Squelch and I got it yesterday.

Also finished upgrading my Base today.
    [​IMG]

Also, bought a new gun to celebrate.
    [​IMG]
    Off the grid likes this.
  11. kingdm54

kingdm54 Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Almost there. I hit it tonight.
  12. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I think as a group we are at the UN.

I'm going to try to reinstall the game and see if I can clear out some of these crash issues I've been having. They're really annoying and have been more common since the update. My last resort is to reinstall Win10 from a fresh install instead of upgrading from 7. Never had any issues with any other game but this one. It gets really annoying when I drop out close to the end of a mission and I don't get the completion or get the completion and spawn in on the street with no chance to pick up any drops. At least a reinstall only takes 30 minutes or so.
  13. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I think those gates were the hazmat looking area that I passed through. And then died. Repeat.

I moved from Win7 to 10, and I'm not real excited with it. It's not terrible, but they did dumb things like changing POWER OFF in the start menu from 2 clicks to 3 (I mean, REALLY? Someone thought that was a good idea?), making it difficult to create COMPUTER shortcuts on the start menu or task bar... instead, they give you FILE EXPLORER and you get to sort through the file tree to find what you want... rather than just opening the top level COMPUTER view. And of course, control panel isn't called that anymore, it's SETTINGS and everything is organized all differently, just in case you got used to how things were.

I dunno... if I had it to do over again... I guess it's progress. They seem to change things just for the sake of change, not that there's any improvement.
  14. andruboz

andruboz Serial overfiller

Oddometer:
    i went in to the dz 2 nights ago. got beaten to death by lvl 15 bruisers on many occasions. left with nothing. went in last night now lvl 12&1/2, took a marksman rifle with 4100 dps and stayed way back from anybody. got out with two little extractions of green crap most people dont want anyway, and made dz rank 3. still it was a different kind of excitement. by staying in dz1 or dz2 you make it so only the assholiest of a-holes will kill you since most of the loot is beneath anybody lvl 15 or higher.

as a streamer watcher, i saw one guy furiously trolling extraction points last week. [named: opsct]. he used his 2000 hrs playing h1z1 to hone his sniping/aiming skills.
    he'd kill entire teams, taunt them tell them to come back, kill them again. deconstruct their stuff into nothingness. the ultimate in trolling.

and yesterday i saw a streamer named Gothalion using a double shield wall thing to glitch thru walls. at one point he was safely on the light side but could have killed folks thru the wall in the dz. hopefully they patch that before the trolls get ahold of it..
  15. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Yeah, there are plenty of trolls in the DZ....had one ass wait till I was attaching my hard earned gear to the extraction line before he wiped me with his gold submachine gun so he could steal my stuff. It's almost not worth my time.
  16. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Win 7 vs Win 10 is a whole different matter. Though, I'm fine with running 10. My crashes are more likely within the game's coding. My CPU scores 49 IIRC in their benchmarks. I'm using an older i7 920 which falls below their recommended CPU. But then I have it OC'ed well above. I'm getting WHEA error's which are hardware errors and MS recommends making sure you're current on updates or rolling back updates... It's supposedly common when OC'ing but I haven't seen them in over 5 years of running this computer. Increasing the voltage to the CPU seems to help though.

From all I've been hearing, you can't go in there solo and expect to extract safely.
  17. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Since the patch, I think that's true....
  18. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Last I helped kingdm54 get caught up to the rest of us.
    [​IMG]

This is pretty cool too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone else notice the Red October in the fish tank at the Russian Consulate fish tank?
    [​IMG]

Some propaganda posters
    [​IMG]

Then we decided to go for the UN building. Here's that chopper you missed in the beginning Dave.
    [​IMG]

Synchronize your watches...
    [​IMG]

Touchdown!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some UN Sculpture.
    [​IMG]
    Off the grid likes this.
  19. Big Red One

Big Red One If yer gonna be one...

Oddometer:
    Hah! Fixed my problem with the controller bug. I put in a new SSD (made everything quicker!), installed a GE 950 graphics card (O. M. G. the graphics are beautiful now!), and plugged in a wired gaming mouse instead of the wireless trackball (buttons! I have buttons!).

Oh, yeah, I unplugged the joystick that was causing all the trouble too. :(
    Jeffy likes this.
  20. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    @Crocker

Got up to level 7 last night, babby_nebula is my PSN name. I wish I could change that

Did you change your screen name? I looked for you in PS4 but couldn't find you.

@andruboz - sent you a friend request.