The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  2. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    As far as I understand it, you can’t get the gun on your first play through. You have to do it a second time for the door to open.
  3. kingdm54

kingdm54 Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know what we will be doing tonight!
  4. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that what I thought BUT what a PITA as the Stronghold gets locked once you do it. So, it looks like there's going to be a rotating stronghold?
  5. JonU

JonU Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a way to change rate of fire on some guns? I could have sworn it was there in the first one, but when I looked through the key bindings, I didnt see anything.
  6. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Nope. They're all stuck with what you got. So a single bullet icon is SA, three bullets is FA and two are Burst. I really wish they would have implemented a selector switch though. Been that way since TD1.
  7. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  8. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Pretty crazy.

9. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Anyone run into this issue? I've got the Incendiary Grenades and the Concussion Grenades but when I'm playing the Sharpshooter, I'm missing the Flashbangs. I haven't bothered to look and see if I get the proper grenades for the Demolitionist yet either.

[​IMG]
  10. JonU

JonU Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is it just me or do the missions not flow as well as the first division? It just doesn't feel like there is a logical process. I've found myself running around collecting the SHD caches most of the time and occasional side or main missions. That said I'm slowly making progress, made it to level 7 last night.
  11. Yard Sale

Yard Sale let's be bad guys

Oddometer:
    Hey Jeffy remember when Biscuittooth dropped that chest piece and you were too slow to pick it up? After recalibration, its gear score is now 509.
  12. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    509? Damn. I haven’t even seen anything drop above 472 even after a few hours in the DZ.
  13. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    There's basically no story so that's probably why it doesn't flow. The side missions and levels are really great but storywise, there is none.
    cblais19 likes this.
  14. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's too bad, TD1 had a pretty decently put together story even if it was a bit trite.
  15. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    That just means you've maxed out one of the attributes to bump the score from 497-499 to the max. Talents don't seem to bump the scores up any from what I've seen. I think the talents have some sort of points system on them since you hit stat caps which is annoying. I wouldn't use the GS as the gauge of good gear though. If you're close to the cap on a talent, then it's probably better to boost the weaker talent then max out one that's already close unless you're min/maxing for something specific.

Once you get into the mid-20's you can start joining us in tier V or we can join you in tier I. You should be able to level up fast and get a decent gear score as well.
    Hmm, I've been getting a lot of 490+ drops. I don't have anything 509 but the GS isn't the only way to judge gear. With Talents and Attributes, the GS isn't all that you look for. If you do you could miss out on some really nice attributes.

Make sure you farm those SHD Tech's and get all the XP perks unlocked. Once you get to level 20, you should be able to start completing all of the side missions. I waited too long and did them when I was closer to 27 and had a bunch still open when I hit 30.
  16. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Figured out my issue, I just haven't unlocked the flashbangs yet.
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    So, we did a Challenge Potomac Mission as a group. Wasn't too bad for a Challenge. I think it's the first time we did a Challenge. It wasn't as hard as TD1 which gets crazy hard and I'm sure none of us are min/maxed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  19. Yard Sale

Yard Sale let's be bad guys

Oddometer:
    Oh hell no. I'm finding that my best stuff is around 20 points under the 480-490ish high gear scores. Their system gives an item with three shitty attributes a higher gear score than an item with two great attributes.

I'm hoarding a bunch of stuff with 28-30% damage to elites. It will probably be capped when recalibrating but whatever.
  20. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Here's a tip for anyone playing PvE. Get as much Damage to Elite's on your mask as you can. That seems to be the one place where you can get a lot of it. It's not going to be Airaldi, Fenris, 5.11, Alps Summit or Overlord since they do not have masks. (Only Murakami has 6 pieces available.) I've had decent drops with D&H, R&K, Murakami and China Light though. I've seen rolls up as high as 40% with just the attribute. I've had two masks with 35% on the attribute and an additional 15% from Hard Hitting talent. If you're playing solo then it's probably a good idea to get some DtE on your build. Especially if you plan on doing Challenge or Heroic as most of the enemies are going to be mostly Veterans (purple) and Elites (yellow/gold). Getting around 80% makes a noticeable difference. At 100% the Veterans drop faster than the normal (red). You should still be able to get a lot of CritD/CritC as a attribute.