The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Greetings Agents,

The servers will shut down for a scheduled maintenance Thursday, April 11th at 09:30 AM CEST / 03:30 AM EDT / 00:30 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours.

During the maintenance, we will deploy the following fixes.

• Fixed not being able to fast travel to the Castle settlement.
    • Fixed several cases of abnormal Bounty boss skill-use behaviour.
    • Fixed an issue causing the Nemesis crafting materials to be unobtainable.
    • Fixed Delta-03 error occurring at the end of Conflict matches.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the pathfinding line to behave abnormally when in close proximity to your destination.
    • Fixed the “donating” sound playing repeatedly after having donated and abandoned a daily mission.
    • Fixed an issue related to cache countdown timers.
    • Fixed an issue where Specialization ammunition drop rate was lower than intended

Please follow this thread for any updates as the maintenance progresses.

Thank you,
    The Division 2 Team
  2. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  3. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Dave, Darren "Upham" and I did Roosevelt Island Stronghold on Challenge and it sure was. It took almost 1.5 hrs to do with 4 wipes. Dave's healer build came in handy and I'm sure it will be helpful when the raids start. The problem we had was splitting our group up and getting too spread out. There's just too many enemies to deal with. The good thing is that the stronghold has changed since the last time. There are fewer miniguns and a lot more places to take cover. It's not easy though. We pretty much stayed with each other and kept moving around the map area. You really need some players with a lot of DtE to get rid of the big MG'ers, Elite snipers and engineers who keep dropping into the map. Not to mention there are a lot of Veteran warhounds that are really annoying. But if you keep moving they are less a problem since they can't really track a moving target. At the end we felt we accomplished something though. In TD1, we would have never been doing Challenging missions this early on.

Also, this weeks Vendors are junk.

4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Ok, I finally made WT4. Now to upgrade gear.
  5. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    You know there's a WT5 now right? That's when you start to grind for gear.
  6. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I know. My "upgrade gear" comment was in reference to making the gear score needed to run Tidal Basin. I made it to WT5 this morning. I finally "caught up" to the rest of you guys.
  7. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    In every video he has of TD1, he's using the keyboard running glitch.

8. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Another Health/SMG build by SleepyYO

9. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    People playing the PTS already. Lots of nerfs, unfortunately.

10. Yard Sale

Yard Sale let's be bad guys

Oddometer:
    Well that sucks if they nerf Patience and On the Ropes with more requirements. My Demolitionist build leans on both and I'm lucky to be able to double-dip with both talents.

I just confirmed that On the Ropes needs both skills cooling down for the 25% damage to go into effect. With Patience, I don't need the healer drone much and should switch to something else.
  11. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:

This is similar to my build.

12. Yard Sale

Oddometer:
    I tested my Demo build. It's pretty good when On the Ropes kicks in. Three pieces of Gila Gear for the third bonus 15% pulse. Hit the pulse jammer and enemies are always outside its radius. And it only stuns enemies for a moment then it has a long-ass cooldown, so its only use is to trigger On the Ropes. Maybe if I get some better Pulse mods. Talk about things they need to buff.

I just have to remember to keep pulling out the purple haze chem launcher, which cools down and resets quickly. Or switch it to heal. I have no healing besides my Patience armor.
  13. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Pulse sucks. They neutered it from TD1. It did get a buff in the last patch but it's still way too weak.

If you're popping skills all the time to just pop them, use heals and use them near your teammates. No point in wasting skills. The exception would be the Hive buff which is a bit OP. Otherwise, it's better to invest in pure DMG. DtE/WD. Also, you might want to run a Revive Hive. Just about everyone does even if it's not working 100%. I run the revive hive and reinforcer chem launcher so I can push when necessary or when separated from everyone else. I rarely use armor kits unless I'm downed and I use the immunity to use armor since I'm not in cover.
  14. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    This is a pretty cool build. Does some nice DMG. I think 100 is the magic number for DtE. Anymore and you're going to make Veterans harder than they need to be as you can be rolling into Weapon Damage instead. It's actually not that different than Sleepy's build.

15. Yard Sale

Oddometer:
    I put some Demo points to the arty turret. Ugh, what a waste. It took a while to figure out how to use it then it turned out to be something that requires active management. And it doesn't lob over cover effectively.

I think there's a Respec available. What does it cost, SHD points?
  16. BillsR100

BillsR100 Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer:
    I'm playing Division 2, I've never played any Division before.
    I'm not gettin it.
    Why am I sticking to walls when I click "A" (I'm on xbox)
    Can I turn that off? I'm crouched next to a wall and try to move forward and I cant without stepping away from the wall (and standing upright where all the bad guys can obviously see me)
    How in the hell do you crouch? :dunno I want to crouch low when I'm sneaking up on bad guy!!? and not only when I'm next to a wall!
    Apparently you cant jump either. WTF? :confused
    I was afraid this multiplayer game would be full of other players, I've been playing for 3 hours now and haven't seen a single other player. Could be I have seen them and didnt know it? :lol3 That's a good thing. :clap
    What's that green smoke for?
    This is quite a change from Far Cry where I could move around like a real person would. :bluduh
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

WTF? That was disappointing. It's only 281k. I deconstructed it in rage and when you do that you lose everything. I Alt-Tab's out and closed the window and recovered it.

[​IMG]

Switched from my Survivalist to the Sharpshooter and well, okay, that's better.

[​IMG]

Okay, Elite's beware! It's stupid that the Tac-50 does less damage. I think mine's around 245K which is sad. They really need to buff it.

[​IMG]
  18. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    • It's a cover-based shooter. If you played R6 Vegas then it's exactly like that. You can move from cover to cover using the cover button. If you double tap the cover button you should come off the cover. Also in the menu's there's a checkbox that allows any movement to break cover. Or for that matter you have to press the cover button to release, IIRC.
    • It's a no jumping zone
    • The green smoke signifies Hyena Territory
    BillsR100 likes this.
  19. BillsR100

BillsR100 Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this.
    I'm being a whiny spoiled brat coming from the Far Cry games. I just want to move ..."cover based" like a real person would.
    I'm going to keep playing for a while and hopefully it'll catch on, if not, money totally wasted.
  20. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    This might be helpful. The HW drops aren't that great though. I don't have a few of them.

[​IMG]