The Division

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jeffy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Here we go again!

[​IMG]
  2. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  3. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Got a TL;DR summary of the high points? On biz travel and don't have time to watch the vid.....
  4. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    • Drops will now be at your average GS or above. Purple drops cap at 490, high end at 500.
    • Recalibration changed to allow higher ceilings on transferred stats (higher caps). What this means is that you will more likely be able to transfer the "full" amount of your infused attribute. However, recalibration will no longer raise gear score. Instead it will raise "recalibration score". The recalibration score is 1-100.
    • There will be "other sources" of 515 gear (not just DZ). (They didn't say what that would be or when.)
    • Adding Blue / Purple mod blueprints - you can buy from the crafting vendor.
    • Blueprints: there will now be a weekly project from each settlement that will reward a blueprint, as well as a single daily project each day.
    • There will be an increased chance for ammo drops when you are low
    • You will be able to carry more (grey) crafting materials. 600 instead of 400.
    • Hard Wired crafted gear will now be 480+ (instead of 460+).
  5. BillsR100

BillsR100 Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer:
    (a curmudgeon post, dont read)
    I wish there was a way to give away barely used games, I've finished two "missions" and a few side missions and I'm done with this game. Got tired of not being able to plan tactical/stealthy strategies when approaching bad guy locations, Cant crouch nor jump up on things, :dunnoand I'm not a spray and pray kinda player. Back to other games where I can freely move and sneak around like a real person would.
    Bah humbug!!! :lol3
    I did like the AI in the game where the bad guys always try to flank you, that was a nice/realistic touch.
  6. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Well, I read it. First off this is an RPG. Think about RPG dynamics and how you play an RPG. It's not a linear game where once you reach the end, it's over. In RPG's you grind for gear. You play missions multiple times and on higher and higher difficulties to push you and yourr character. I don't really think you can get a good idea of the game after just two missions. In the early stages you're still trying to just level up. Certain weapons are level locked and most of the gear you're seeing is green. (gray<green<blue<purple<gold). I think only at level 27 do you really start to feel what the game is about since everything is finally open to you. I think the first two missions are Hyena territories only. You have to do the Viewpoint to see the first True-Son's mission. Each faction reacts differently. Hyena's, True-Son's, Outcast's, Survivor's, Black Tusk's, Hunters...

Tactics do matter, especially as you progress. Standing out in the open is a good way to die fast even against red/normal NPC's. As you progress the NPC's will as well. Once you high level 13, you'll start to see Veteran NPC's (Normal<Veteran<Elite) who now have armor. You're going to be forced to take cover and manage your ammo as it's really easy to run out in the later firefights. And while it's a little frustrating to be stopped by the slightest of elevated lips, there has never been jumping in any Tom Clancy game and you still can't go prone which was first introduced in Ghost Recon (GR). Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the cover/crouch dynamic was first introduced in R6 Vegas and was used in GR Advanced Warfighter. GR Wildlands uses it as well. The problem with jumping is that you introduce a lot of unrealistic tactics. The main one being Battlefield's infamous dolphin dive which was a macro that allowed the character to jump then go prone and take a shot on one move. The Division also had the problem if the circle jerk/chicken dance where PvP players would just run around in circles shooting and rolling each other. One of the problems with most other games where you can crouch is that you end up playing the whole game crouched over. Waddling from place to place crouched. I would much rather have the ability to go prone then crouched any day. Only in TD2 can NPC's now go prone which is a little frustrating.

Also because the game is an RPG damage is spread across the body so you can't really do one-shot kills. Well, you can if you stack everything into one ability and make a glass-cannon. You then leave yourself unable to protect yourself against players or NPC's. Also because it's an RPG's NPC's are grouped together and counted as one. This isn't limited to The Division. It helps lower CPU loads by having a group act as one. It's why most PvE games limit the NPC encounters to 6 or 8 at any one time. Gone are the days when a mission would load in 30+ NPC's at the beginning of the mission. The problem with these groups is that if you alert one, you alert them all. So there's no chance to get a stealth kill without letting them all know what just happened.

I think for a new player, it's a bit of a slog to get through the early parts of the game. There's a lot to take in but also there's so little narrative that you don't really know what you're doing it for. Coming from The Division 1, helps a lot since you know what happened. The new story isn't very compelling though. It just feels like you're going from one mission to another. Even getting the lore from phones and video playbacks has taken a back seat. Honestly, I think for new players it's better to play TD1 first, even though the endgame is different. Although the experience is also a bit different between console and PC as well...
    greenramp and BillsR100 like this.
  7. BillsR100

BillsR100 Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the explanation and reasoning, it's simply not being able to move freely kills the game for me, so only playing the first two missions isn't an issue, unless I can earn the ability to move around freely? I could care less what the "story" is.
    Ubisoft "gets it" because they also wrote the Far Cry games where you can move, squat and jump normally like a real person would, so, the point being is Division is simply designed for a type of game play that isn't for everyone, nor are the Far Cry games for everyone, so they wrote both which I find pretty dang impressive!
    P.S., in the Far Cry games, the many (10-15) bad guys are not all automatically alerted if you kill one of them, you use cover and stealth and kill them one-by-one where no one see's them get shot and you move/hide the dead body (if needed), I routinely take over outposts where no alarm is ever triggered and I am never even seen by the bad guys. To me that's fun, a fun challenge, and I admit, most would find my type of game play really boring, but hey, if I were doing it in real life, that's how I'd do it.
  8. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    So, a week ago I started a new alt.. I was at first going to use ity to store my Nemesis which rolled kinda low. It was 330-ish IIRC which put it in the middle of the spektrum. Now, a week later and my Alt. is at level 27. I played the game normally, like you would without optimizing the Side Missions and I see no difference in leveling up. You tend to only do 2-3 side missions before going ahead and doing a main mission so really it's not an issue. Not to mention, there are a lot of secret side missions that pop up which give you plenty of things to do. I did farm some of the Territory, Target Practice and and Rescue instances and that adds up as well. I don't' really need a need to leave the Side Missions for the end as long as you're not just doing side missions and skipping the regular missions. when I get this ALt. to Level 30 it will allow me tyo do all of the Hunters all over again even though you share the Apparel with all Alts.. I know Darren only has 7 of the 8 keys. I really wish you could replay the side missions as they are done well enough to be considered missions. Just shorter ones.

Also, I should mention again that the Lullaby at a low level is a lot of fun if you have it (comes with Gold Edition, Ultimate...). I just wish mine wasn't a Level 1 as you pretty much start the game as a level 2 and jump to level 3 pretty fast. The gun is more powerful than anything you can pick up and only till you reach level 8-10 does it start to become useless. To me though, this means shotguns really need a buff. I'd like to see them as strong as a marksman but have a faster drop off. I'd also like them to "switch" to slugs and have a range that's maybe similar to SMG's. They're definitely a lot of fun but useless for gameplay.

Here's another tip for new players. Get teh Police M4 Replica Blueprings ASAP and make a new one every time you level up. It's by for the most consistent source of a decent weapon in the game until you reach Endgame. It's pretty easy to get a high level one and either the 20% magazine capacity buff or the RPM buff. Both are good but Allegro is the best talent in the game for weapons. With the high RPM of the M4, Allegro makes it a monster. The DPS won't be as high as the G36 or P416 but it's great for the burst damage. I don't think anything really compares in the burst damage. Add the +10 extended magazine for sure though. That's another blueprint you can get early on...

So, yeah, I've got two characters and I'll probably start on a third sooner or later so I can shuffle gear back and forth.
  9. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    There was a patch today. Load times have been fixed. What used to take almost 5 minutes to get into a game now takes less than 2 minutes.
  10. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Well, I made it to Level 30. If you ever want to feel super strong level an Alt up to Level 30 and then grab a bunch of the 500GS gear and 490+ weapons from your stash. Armor still feels soft but the weapons are over 100% stronger. Since all GS weapons are Level 30, it doesn't matter what you have really it's going to feel strong against Level 28 NPC's. I'm using the 490 Nemesis and it one shots just about everything I've shot. It will still take two shots if you shoot a shield or helmet though. It feels really strong though even if you're not spec'ed into a sniper build. I kinda wish the weapons at WT5 would feel as strong against NCP's. I also took over all the CP's but I later learned that you need to be WT4 or higher to get the Trophy. That sorta sucked since I was able to roll through CP's in less than 5 minutes each. Oh, well...
  11. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Here's some more thoughts on my Level 30 build. The P416 I have is a 18.7 DMG which is a WT5. Normalized it goes down to 4 dmg. I had a LVOA and it was at 9 dmg. My WT5 double barrel sidearm is at 149 DMG. A normalized chest piece is at 17 Armor while my WT5 is at 41 Armor. I have my Level 30 using the 490GS Nemesis that I built for my other Alt. and it's at 320 DMG and I think does over 1.3M Headshots and 7-900 dmg bodyshots. Farming is really easy. Bounties are easy. I'm sorta curious to go into the DZ. The Nemesis normalized is around 136k dmg while a Model 700 is still around 45k dmg so it's still pretty potent.
  12. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Going after Hunter's solo. Three down. One in Judiciary Square, Downtown East and the Washington Monument. Got three Ivory keys too! Playing with Neutral Lighting in Ultra makes everything look really nice but dark. The one in Judiciary Square went down like a sack of bricks. The one in Downtown East was able to fix their armor twice before I took him down. The one at the Washington Monument where you have to salute wasn't too bad either. Got close to getting the other one neat the CP but a rainstorm and fog came in and made it impossible to get to him. Not looking forward to the 3/4 that pop out together. Might leave that one for last. With no signature weapon, it's going to be interesting. I'm only around 88% DtE with 20% weapon and 20% AR.

[​IMG]

Also, got this award since for some reason I hadn't gotten it yet.

[​IMG]

BillsR100 likes this.
  13. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Seems like a lot of people have taken a break from the Division. Not just here but everywhere. The Safe Rooms are usually empty whenever I go into them. Maybe people are playing on the PTS but I'd like to farm and level up a bit without losing my progression.

In any case, I did the Christmas Tree Hunters. The first time I did it I tried to fight them at the tree which just sucked since it's dark and there are bushes everywhere and no clear line of sight. I tried to run but was hit with riot foam and a drone burned me down. Respawned at the CP then came back to nothing. The second time I triggered them and ran towards the CP. This did two things, made the hunters shoot at the NPC's and got them into the open. Also, I didn't have to worry about dying and having to spawn at the CP and have them disappear. Even when I'm a bit OP for Level 30, those Hunters can really do some damage. So with them trying to juke the NPC's I was able to pick them off one by one. Out of the four, you get one Ivory key which kinda sucks. So that 6 keys I have so far. I still have Wrath,
    Midas & Revenant, and Spectre to get the last 2 keys that I need.

*update: Got my last two keys. Finished off Wrath at the Memorial and Midas & Revenant for my last two keys. Now I just have to decide if I want to get to WT5 with this Alt. It's GS is 492 which isn't bad. I guess the actual GS shows if you go into the Clan Chat which is interesting since it doesn't show anywhere else.
  14. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Hahah! It's really sad since the Nemesis at minimum is going to be around 280-390 at WT5.

[​IMG]
  15. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:

State of the Game
    In today's State of the Game, Hamish and Yannick discussed Title Update 3 and the different changes that will be added to the game with that.

Maintenance
    • There will be a regular maintenance tomorrow between 9:30 CEST and 12:30.
    • No specific changes will be added to the game in this one.
    • Invaded missions are random - so there is no guarantee it will be the Capital Stronghold.

PTS
    • The PTS was very successful and they got what they wanted from it.
    • PTS will shut down tomorrow morning.
    Roadmap
    • PTS Shutdown: May 9th
    • Title Update 3: Next Week
    • Raid: Will be added with that update, but it will open "shortly after"
    Keep an eye on the official social channels next week for more details.

Title Update 3 - Changes
    These are some of the highlighted changes - the PTS Patch Notes are linked at the bottom for the complete list.

The final patch notes will drop next week.

Matchmaking in Down Under
    • They have a data center in Sydney
    • The goal is that they can play together
    • There are not as many players there than in other areas and therefore the chances that you find other players that are doing exactly the same activity on the same level etc is therefore smaller.
    • They made many changes to the matchmaking in that area since launch - first they matchmade players to Asia, but then there were language barriers, then they matchmade them to America.
    • But the feedback was, that the Australian players prefer good performance over fast matchmaking, so they reverted that change, so now the matchmaking focuses back on the Australia servers - but it can take longer until you find a group.
    • This is the solution at the moment - but they continue to improve the situation.

GS 500+ Topic
    There has been a lot of discussion about how the next higher Gear Score will be added to the game. You can read * about it in the "Developer Update: Gear Score in Title Update 3" below.
    • TLDR: It is not the right time now.

GS 500 Farmlocations
    • Contaminated Loot in the Dark Zone (once you have reached GS 500)
    • Heroic Difficulty Mission Bosses, Stronghold Bosses, Bounty Bosses and Control Points Level 4 will give you containers that will guarantee GS 500 drops when the player has reached GS 500.
    • The Daily Mission will also guarantee GS 500 items (once the player has reached GS 500).

Some time-sensitive Commendations have been removed / New ones added
    • The Commendations "Consecutive Days Playtime" and similar ones have been removed
    • They did not provide a good player experience and they did not want to force players to play the game with requirements that are also difficult to track because of timezones etc.
    • Unlocked commendations will stay visible
    • A vanity patch will be added to compensate for lost time.
    • They will add other commendations where you can prove your dedication to the game without the login-requirement. (30-day playtime in total etc)

Crafting
    • Increased the base cap for Receiver Components and Protective Fabric crafting materials by 200, meaning that their caps now start at 350 and end at 600 with all material capacity perks.
    • Inaya al-Khaliq in the Base of Operation is now a Crafting Vendor, she can be found next to the Crafting Bench in the White House.
    • The goal is also to make blueprints more accessible.
    • Crafted Exotic weapons will now always upgrade to the maximum Gear Score of the World Tier they are crafted in, when the Upgrade Blueprint is used.

Gear Changes
    Among other things, they want to make the Gear Sets a more viable choice and also that players are able to invest in armor and also feel tankier than they are now.
    • Gear will now include better defensive rolls.
    • Gear sets
      • Hard Wired
        • Now grants Skill Damage instead of Shock Duration.
      • Ongoing Directive
        • Now grants special ammunition into any weapon, including the weapon currently equipped.
        • Now grants special ammunition on any kill, not just weapon kills.
      • True Patriot
        • Decreased debuff cycle from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.
        • Increased damage dealt to nearby targets when Full Flag is active to 50%.

Loot Changes
    • Improved quality and quantity of Drone Helicopter loot.
    • Slightly reduced the maximum available loot from Clan Caches.
    • Increased ammunition drop chance from enemy NPCs to decrease situations where players would run out of ammunition during prolonged fights on higher difficulty activities.
    • Lowered the chances that the loot drops with lower GS than the average GS of the player.
    • Heroic Difficulty Mission Bosses, Stronghold Bosses, Bounty Bosses and Control Points Level 4 will give you containers that will guarantee GS 500 drops when the player has reached GS 500.
    • Dark Zone
      • Contaminated loot will drop below the players GS and will guarantee GS 500 when the player has reached that GS.

Exotics
    Exotics are having their damage increased across the board.

Post Mission Summary Screen
    • After completing a mission, players have the option to look at a mission summary and evaluate how they performed based on a variety of statistics.

New mods: Auxiliary Skill Battery
    • Auxiliary Skill Batteries fit in Skill mod slots and grant Skill Power that will allow you to unlock mods with higher Skill Power Requirement.

Recalibration remake
    Recalibration has been changed to allow for the majority of stats to be moved as they are, from one item to another, while making it less likely to reach the cap of the stat moved. To achieve this goal, we're expressing the recalibrated power as a separate number, next to the gear score. As such, the recalibration will no longer increase the gear score of the item. All existing recalibrated items will have their recalibrated additional gear score converted to the new format.

Enemy NPC Changes
    • Decreased damage of Veteran, Elite and Named NPCs.
    • Greatly reduced the melee damage of Tank NPCs
    • Moderately decreased melee damage of all other NPCs.
    • Accuracy of Grenade Throwers has been reduced
    • Enemy NPCs should no longer be able to stagger players with a melee attack if the player has a Ballistic Shield equipped.

Friendly NPC Changes
    • Civilians now wear protective gear.
    • Upgrading a settlement also increases the Civilians damage
    • Civilian hostages are now more protective of their lives

Control Points
    • The Alert Level impact will now be more clearly communicated (hard - heroic)
    • Hostile patrols and convoys are now communicated better during takeovers
    • Civilian Officers can revive you during takeovers.
    • Civilian Takeover can now be used as respawn point
    • You can fast travel to friendly takeovers and convoys

Skills
    • Skills
      • Assault Drone
        • PvE: The Drone will now more actively look for a new target once it loses its current target.
      • Defender Drone
        • Will now drain more quickly once a shot has been deflected.
      • Reinforcer Chem Launcher
        • Reinforcer gas clouds do not stack anymore.
      • Reviver Hive
        • Fixed further occurrences of players not being revived.
        • Revive time slightly increased.
      • Riot Foam Chem Launcher
        • Increased base duration of Riot Foam when used against an NPC.
      • Scanner Pulse
        • Reduced cooldown from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
    Conflict
    • Conflict
      • Armor boost
        • Boost provided reduced by 50%.
    PVP Balancing (Among other things)
    • Players are now normalized to GS 500
    • Assault Rifles have now a 1.25 PVP damage scaler applied
    • PVP Damage modifier has been decreased (longer time to kill)
    • Skill modifier has been increased (Skill do more damage)

Dark Zone
    • Dark Zone
      • Contaminated loot
        • Bosses now guarantee a contaminated loot drop.
        • Higher challenge landmarks can drop multiple contaminated items.
        • Basic, Veteran and Elite NPCs have their drop rate lowered, but now have a very high chance to drop contaminated loot.
      • Dark Zone bag size
        • Default bag size increased to 6.
        • Tier 1 perk Bag Space now increases bag size to 8.
        • Tier 4 perk Bounceback now reduces Dark Zone XP lost on death.
        • Tier 10 perk increases bag size to 10.
      • Dark Zone brackets
        • Reduced bracketing to:
          • Level 1 – 30.
          • Players in World Tiers.
      • Rogue
        • Removed cooldown.
          • There is still a 5 second toggle cooldown.
      • Occupied Dark Zone
        • Damage modifiers
          • Added a separate PvP damage modifier.
        • XP
          • Reduced DZXP loss to 35% of the XP in your current Dark Zone rank when being killed.

Console Performance improvements
    • The streaming of textures has been improved for consoles

=> Full PTS Patch Notes for refrence

Developer Update: Gear Score in Title Update 3

With all your feedback and data gathered thanks to the Public Test Server and after intense internal discussions, we wanted to provide you with more information on what to expect when Title Update hits the Live servers later in May 2019. For TU3, we've made a lot of changes to the PvE experience by adjusting the time to kill, NPCs, player survivability and the difficulty of missions and Control Points, to name a few. We've also made changes to gear, talents, mods, Recalibration and more. After reviewing these elements and results from the first week of the PTS, we decided to not increase Gear Score beyond 500 with Title Update 3.

With the plethora of PvE and PvP changes in TU3 we want to improve the Dark Zone experience, making it more fun and rewarding. Taking those changes into account, we decided that it is too early to introduce higher Gear Score items. We want to make sure the next Gear Score increase feels completely natural and comes at a time that is right for the game.

Our intention, as always, is for players to enjoy the content they love and continue to make progress with their Agent. After talking about loot and Gear Score in a lot of meetings, chats and video calls and many white boards being filled with thoughts, notes and graphs, we decided that with all the changes coming with TU3, increasing the Gear Score at this point would have created a couple of issues.

• Gear Score 500 items would have been outdated immediately, and all the effort you put into min/maxing and farming your builds would have been wasted just as the Raid goes live. We don't want to invalidate your progression and we heard that feedback loud and clear from our community. Your gear and your builds are important to you and to us.
    • The statistical increase in stats would have made gear better but we don't want the focus to be on constantly chasing a higher Gear Score, when it should be about finding a playstyle and build that you enjoy.
    **Operation Dark Hours, the 8-player Raid coming in TU3, will also provide Gear Score 500 rewards.**The raid will offer exclusive loot, including new gear sets and an Exotic weapon. We're very excited for you to experience the first Raid in The Division history, which we hope will be a great addition to the end game.

Moving forward, to make it clearer where to get Gear Score 500 items, we've made the following changes in Title Update 3.
    • We have increased the rewards for daily Priority Hard and Challenging missions. Once you've reached Gear Score 500, those activities will guarantee Gear Score 500 drops.
    • Heroic Mission bosses, Stronghold bosses and Bounty bosses, as well as Control Point Alert Level 4 reward containers guarantee Gear Score 500 items if your average Gear Score is at 500.
    • DZ contaminated loot does not drop below player's average Gear Score. When you've reached an average Gear Score of 500, Contaminated loot will guarantee Gear Score 500 items.
    • We've balanced loot across the board to reduce the chances of items dropping at a lower Gear Score than that of your character.

We want to thank everyone who have tested the TU3 changes on the PTS, provided feedback on the forums and participated in discussions on social media and Reddit. All these discussions are an essential piece of the whole puzzle that helps us decide what is best for the game.

The PTS is an opportunity for us to test out new things, see community reaction and gather feedback necessary to make further changes and adjustments. This also means that sometimes the changes we make on the PTS will not make it to the live game and we believe that experimentation is an important part of keeping The Division 2 in a great state.

We'll see you in Washington, D.C.!

The Division 2 Dev Team
  16. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Title Update #3 confirmed out tomorrow.....
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  18. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    So, word going around Reddit is that there will be no matchmaker for the Raid. Going to try to watch SoTG on Youtube at 11am EDT today and see what they say. No MM for an 8 player activity seems a little stupid, and will lock most players out of the activity.

Oh, and Massive has always advertised MM for all in game activities.....
  19. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Well, I listened to enough of the live stream to confirm that for now, there will be no MM in game for raids. You're going to have to form groups offline (via Discord for instance), form a strategy and then go do the content. If I'm already outside the game for hours, I might as well stay there.

Guess I'll go back to AC Odessey, or, I don't know, go outside and ride my bike.
  20. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Here's my thoughts. Because of the way they had drops and mods and such, it's been a lot harder to maximize your builds. I know My GS 500 Character isn't ready. I think having to use Discord is BS though. It should be all done in-game. Since there's no social space you can't really gather with a large number of players to join in a raid. The funny thing is the settlements do have public spaces that you used to be able to see other players in there but I think they dropped that once the game came out of BETA. And while 8 person raids are nice, there are a lot of players like us who don't have enough people. I need to get my 2nd Alt. to WT5 and start to get another Nemesis soon.

Also, Ghost Recon Breakout is in October. That's not that far away.