The Dorsoduro Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Yooper-at-heart, Feb 4, 2010.

1. rudolf35

rudolf35 Warped & Twisted Mind

Oddometer:
    Radical,
    I noted your thread on the oil leak. I was looking at schematics of the motor and for the life of me I cannot find a set/grub screw near the valve tensioner. Will have to take flashlight to motor to find it; unless you have a picture.

I looked at posting and all the oil on the back of the front cylinder; mine, from what I can see is clean.
  2. RadicalTireSkid

RadicalTireSkid BURNOUT WHEELIE!!!!!

Oddometer:
    if you go to the thread, on page 3 there is a picture of the cylinder assy and a red arrow pointing to the set screw. Pretty sure that picture is the front cylinder and if I remember correctly that set screw is at the same spot for the rear cylinder. Also another good picture on page 6.

I had to take the entire intake off to get to that damn screw. i guess its not as much of a problem on the shiver as the dorso.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums...Oil-Leak!/page3&highlight=2009+dorso+oil+leak
  3. rudolf35

Oddometer:
    So, I took the tank and body work off the DD which gave me sufficient room to look into the “valley” between the cylinders. I was glad to see that all was dry; not a trace of oil - removing the intake is a pain.
    Turns out my suspicion about the neutral switch is right. It was a bit loose and the “O” ring was not seated tight. Plan now is to assemble it all back, clean it up and ride it and see what happens.
    FYI, it is a pain getting metric “O” rings.
    bobw likes this.
  4. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Can you get it from a local hydraulic supplier? Parker?
  5. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    I bet you can find metric o-rings from a metric heavy equipment parts supplier such as Doosan or Kubota.

[​IMG]
    RadicalTireSkid and bobw like this.
  6. rudolf35

Oddometer:
    Well, it seems I lucked out! The oil leak stopped with the new “O” ring replacement on the neutral switch and the base of the clutch slave cylinder. Time will tell but after several test runs all is dry.
    :-)
    FYI, I used a metric “O” ring kit from Harbor Freight and some “O” rings from the local car parts store.
    Baroquenride likes this.
  7. RadicalTireSkid

Oddometer:
    HF for the rescue! haha
  8. rudolf35

Oddometer:
    Well, 500 miles and not a drop of oil! Guess I can wash the Dorso now:-)

I am still on a hunt for a decent tail bag; like the Cortec I have on the Shiver; ideas? I have the “D” saddlebag mounts from Krause on it so plenty of tie down options, just does not work with a Cortec tailbag.

Also, has anyone used the Guzzi Diag to set the DD TPS?
  9. rudolf35

Oddometer:
    3405CF1C-E94D-4CB7-940C-AC937E8AAD4D.jpeg AAD74600-D4DD-47AE-87EB-EE0920B52A2A.jpeg WAnd who Said a Dorso cannot tour :-)

Two pins and two locks and back to street fighter.

1F8C5683-A07C-4973-AAF9-E93D14EBED4B.jpeg
  10. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    I have seen those gas can holders once before. Is someone still selling them? 2 gallons is a pretty significant increase in range. Now that my tank isn't swollen, and it is lined, I get less. Another 80 miles would be great.

I also like the saddlebags. Are there racks underneath that keep them standing out rigid like that? Normally, throw over bags sag.
  11. rudolf35

Oddometer:
    View attachment 1635094 View attachment 1635093 View attachment 1635091 The bags are D mount Krause bags and holders; have the same mounts on the Shiver 900 so i can move the bags back and forth. If you look over the top of the DD you can see part of the racks on the Shiver 900.
    The can holders are 10 year old mounts called Peg Packers; they might still be available out there.
    High Country Herb likes this.
  12. rudolf35

Oddometer:
    The D mount Krause bags; better view. The shield on the back inside of the bag is a heat shield for the Shivers side venting exhaust; DD and Shiver share the bags.

Attached Files:

13. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, I have seen those mounts. They are pretty minimal when the bags aren't on. Nice.
  14. Faulpelz

Faulpelz Offroader

Oddometer:
    High Country Herb and Nttra like this.
  15. RadicalTireSkid

Oddometer:
    Circuit of the Americas Track Day

Attached Files:

16. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    I have taped off all the lights for track days, but never the master cylinders. Is that something that track requires, or do you just do it because there is a bit of glass there?
  17. RadicalTireSkid

Oddometer:
    No i have auxiliary lights there haha

By the way everyone. My Dorso is up for sale :/. I wanna keep it but I want something better for the track even more. Maybe our paths will cross again someday.
  18. The Red Wonder

The Red Wonder Full of Wonder

Oddometer:
    Joined the Duro club yesterday with the steal of the year! 2014 with 18k miles for $3700! The 100 mile range is going to take some getting used to, coming from a 250+ mile bike, but the smiles are strong with this one.

Dorsoduro-1.jpg
    RadicalTireSkid likes this.
  19. RadicalTireSkid

Oddometer:
    you should get more like 150miles per tank. Smokin good deal though! I sold mine for $3300 (2009 with 15k miles).

By the way... I have a stock exhaust and spare stock seat sitting in the attic if anyone wants it. Just pay shipping.
  20. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    Man, that's a clean bike for that price! Congrats! Lots of carbon fiber, too.

I think that your range will indeed be near 100 miles. I used to get 120+ miles with my swollen tank. Now that I have a new tank that isn't swollen, I get about 90 miles to the low fuel light, and have run out at about 105. Part of the change may be due to the fact that the new tanks come lined with epoxy from the factory, which takes up even more of the capacity. I'm not sure when they started doing that, but I bought my new tank in early 2018.

I have a small rack on the back, and carry a soft sided tool bag with 2 MSR fuel bottles for spare fuel. Giant Loop also makes soft fuel bags for the same purpose. Either of these could fit in a tail bag shown in post #1069 above.