the DR200 thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by klxrdr, May 13, 2007.

1. 1Bikeman

1Bikeman "Tentacles 'O Flailing"

Oddometer:
    My notes show the OEM Needle for California is a 5D77 (fixed, non-adjustable clip position). This is on my 2004 California model. After lots of testing, I have it shimmed up ~0.046". At sea level this seems to be OK. Note this is with a 130 main jet on a completely stock DR200. I plan to change the Main Jet back to 127.5 to test the final jetting changes. The optional Needle is a 5D26 on the third position.

Also, the OEM Pilot Jet was 35; changed to 40 with the mixture screw 2 3/4 turns out.

Questions? Feel free to ask.
  2. mkriley

mkriley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. THRASHED

THRASHED In your helmet, no-one can hear you sing, I hope.

Oddometer:
    I run one on my DRZ400. I didn't know there was one for the 200. I may pick one up. The only thing that it really helps with is when I change elevation. Other than that, it's a set-it-forget-it item.
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    2020 DR200 is listed
  5. BC1

BC1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A peculiar incident happened the other day. I was riding to work and all of a sudden the engine died and i hear this dragging sound. I pull over on a center median and look down and my kickstand was dragging. Luckily i was near a reasonably safe spot when it happened, another 300 yards and i would have been on a busy bridge with almost no where to go!
    Upon later inspection, the little button on the kickstand had broke off and the spring ejected with it. A bit of an odd thing to break i must say...it cant have that much stress on it.
    Edit: cant even tell there was anything on there to keep the spring from coming off?! 20190830_164321.jpg
  6. MYUMPH

MYUMPH 'Ol Timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was really hoping for something new, perhaps with the new air/oil cooled 250 engine. I guess we should be impressed with the new Gray color and they even painted the gas tank Gray. It does look nice.
  7. Trailrider200

Trailrider200 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm surprise they didn't use the vanvan FI engine with oil cooler
    no and MYUMPH like this.
  8. lengolad

lengolad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New here. My son just picked up a 1989 DR200L? At least that's the best I can make out from the VIN plate... It says MFG in 07/89, and at the bottom left of the plate it has D___L, where ___ is all rubbed out and the 'L' is stamped in a grey box, like the last few digits of the VIN. I'm having a beast of a time trying to find any info about an '89 DR200. The local Suzuki dealer thought it might be an SL? Is this a Canada only bike? Anyone ever heard of it? Thanks for any help!
    Other than that, just fixing up some neglect from the PO: dry forks, sloppy swingarm with dry bearings, missing spring / o-ring / washer on the carb pilot screw... The usual. :-( But my son is learning lots and will have a great first bike before long.
  9. Trailrider200

Trailrider200 Long timer

Oddometer:
    looks like they canceled the VanVan for 2020
  10. Jodaddy

Jodaddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Give us a picture. Any street legal stuff? Pumper or cv or round slide carb?
  11. lengolad

lengolad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All street legal--head and tail lights, signals, license plate mount, etc. Flat slide Mikuni carb with a diaphragm on top. Don't know about 'pumper' or 'cv'.

I found this page, which helps decode Suzuki VINs: http://suzukicycles.org/_misc/identification.shtml
    According to it and my VIN (JS1 SH41A 9Lxxxxxxx) mine is a:
    JS1: Japanese Suzuki Motorcycle
    S: Off-road
    H: 150-199cc
    4: 4-stroke single
    1: 1st model version
    A: base model (unrestricted power output)
    9: "check" digit
    L: 1990 model year
    This page also confirms that 'L' is 1990: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/suzuki-parts/suzuki-model-identification. Which puts it kind of in a black hole of DR200 history...

Over to the experts! :-)
  12. lengolad

lengolad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's a picture of the VIN plate, for what it's worth:
    20190903_151051 - Copy.jpg
  13. Trailrider200

Trailrider200 Long timer

Oddometer:
    MYUMPH likes this.
  14. kostikos

kostikos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings to all

Does anyone at all have this part laying around and willing to ship to Greece at my expense? Or willing to get one from their dealer and ship it to me?

Tube, Air Cleaner Outlet p/n 1388142A00 ?
    It is part no 8 on the fiche
    [​IMG]
    Mine was missing it ever since I bought it, and since I have the rest of the airbox, it's a pity not to use it.
    It is out of stock anywhere. Please?
  15. Desert Denizen

Desert Denizen The least interesting man in the world

Oddometer:
    I purchased a new one from Chaparral Motorsports, my local Suzuki dealer, 18 months ago. According to their online store, they are backordered 7-12 days $15.85 US.
    You will also need part #9, a circular spring that holds part #8 to the airbox $3.09 7-12 days. The outlet tube supports the rear of the carburetor and is important to help
    carry the weight.
  16. kostikos

kostikos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good for you. I went to my local Suzuki dealer, and they told me it was not stocked anymore. What can I do? So that's why I am asking you people.
  17. Desert Denizen

Desert Denizen The least interesting man in the world

Oddometer:
    Partsfish.com has the part listed and has a shipping intermediary for international shipping. The part is listed for $12.84 + $7.50, ships to a third party which handles international shipping. I found them in 30 seconds of Google search under "obsolete Suzuki motorcycle parts". There are several others. My nearest Suzuki dealer, Chaparral Motorsports (chapmoto.com) does do international shipping through the US postal service. You may be responsible for destination charges such as duty fees, VAT, etc. The parts are not in stock but Suzuki has a massive warehouse in Southern California and usually gets the part to the dealer in about a week. Good luck!
    Trailrider200 likes this.
  18. caycek5

caycek5 Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer:
    Bike Bandit lists both pieces available. I just picked 2009 as that is what my bike is and I didn't notice you mentioning a specific year. The boot (outlet tube) indicates the same part number.
    https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2009-suzuki-dr200se/o/m18126#sch590806

Here Bike Bandit lists international shipping as an option with exclusions.
    https://www.bikebandit.com/help/shippingoptions#ShippingOptions
    Trailrider200 likes this.
  19. BC1

BC1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A short ride on monday after work.... this never gets old!

20190930_174002.jpg
    20190930_165923.jpg 20190930_174109.jpg 20190930_173841.jpg
  20. MYUMPH

MYUMPH 'Ol Timer Supporter

Oddometer: