the DR200 thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by klxrdr, May 13, 2007.

1. BC1

BC1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone made or found a flap to mount below the airbox, to protect the shock from dirt? It is completely exposed and could use something there..
  2. Trailrider200

Trailrider200 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used a piece of stair tread and attached it to the fender attachment bolt. I wrapped it half way around shock and put the one end down btwn the shock and swing arm. 5k miles later and still there. https://www.homedepot.com/p/M-D-Bui...4-in-Black-Vinyl-Stair-Treads-75556/207096069
    BC1 and Nobade like this.
  3. Trailrider200

Trailrider200 Long timer

Oddometer:
    also think about replacing the OEM spring. I replaced the OEM spring with a Yamaha XV500 Virago shock spring. Direct fit. usually $15-20 on ebay.
    u can search for my posts, reviews and others reviews who followed my change out.
  4. BC1

BC1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes it is on my list, bike is getting a winter overhaul. Ive never seen the spring separate but its still cheap enough
  5. Dalotel

Dalotel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello to everyone

I need some advice regarding the clutch of the DR200 engine, I’m planning to replace it with an aftermarket EBC CK3319 which is supposed to be for this engine type.

the problem that i found is that there’s supposed to be a notch on one or more on the clutch plates but on the EBC ones there’s any. I tried to contact EBC regarding this but they didn’t gave me any response.

does any one had any experience with this clutch?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

regards to all

daniel

8ABF5BFA-A87C-497B-83B0-81589C18BFCE.jpeg
  6. kostikos

kostikos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The notch is not important. It does not touch anything, this part of the disc is outside the basket. In theory, you are supposed to align the notch to a mark on the outside of the basket.
    EBC is an old and reputable company, you are safe.
  7. Trailrider200

Trailrider200 Long timer

Oddometer:
    manual pg 3-44 states that the oem plate with a notch is the "drive plate" and installed first into basket and other plates without notch as "driven plates". many times this indicates the plates have different friction materials. later testing by oems to make clutches stronger holding power all plates became the same. I know this is the case with the 88-96 Goldwings different plates. '97 till the end of the GL1500 engine they went to all the same material due to the Valkyrie. can see here different plates. https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuki/motorcycle/2007/dr200se/clutch
    so if all have notch indicates all plates are the same and better friction material. As Kostikos stated it doesn't touch anything either way.