the DR200 thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by klxrdr, May 13, 2007.

1. bIackjack95

bIackjack95 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ok so no issues there?
    I can buy the kenda k670 trakmaster off ebay for under a 100 each tire is this good tire? also the carb I bought off ebay doesn't fit at least the opening into the engine area not the rear air box but the entrance going into the engine idk what its called is too large compared to the carb. can I manage with this and rig it somewhow or do I need to buy a new one. im out of the return window. thanks
  2. Bhart89

Bhart89 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m looking for a magnetic oil drain bolt. I can’t seem to find one for my 2015 DR200s. Does the DR 200 use the same bolt as the DR650?
  3. MYUMPH

MYUMPH 'Ol Timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    yes Procycle sells it.
    Bhart89 likes this.
  4. Trailrider200

Trailrider200 Long timer

Oddometer:
    why? a magnet only catches what your oil filter already does and in a greater capacity.
    A magnet has its place in gear boxes which do not have a filter and where they were first used in industry.
  5. Nobade

Nobade Keep on keepin' on...

Oddometer:
    They can also catch things like a broken gear tooth before it gets munched by the transmission and cause a crash or worse damage, as just happened to an inmate in the DR650 thread.
    drhippie2 and Bhart89 like this.
  6. Trailrider200

Trailrider200 Long timer

Oddometer:
    do u really think that magnet is that strong to catch a gear tooth while the engine is running and that tooth is being flung around inside the case? something that heavy will fall to the bottom if the engine is not running.
  7. Nobade

Nobade Keep on keepin' on...

Oddometer:
    We see it pretty regularly with the 650s. Gear teeth, snap ring ends, sometimes the neutral sending unit screws, etc. They will save you some grief sometimes. They will also cause it sometimes, like "crud, here's this part stuck to the magnet. Now I need to take my engine apart to figure out where it came from." Without the magnet you'd never know.
    drhippie2 likes this.
  8. Bhart89

Bhart89 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Found the thread pitch for the DR200s is 14mm x 1.25
  9. BC1

BC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone had problems with the O-Ring leaking in the carb, the one between the net and the valve assembly? Im speculating thats my issue, I pulled my DR out to ride after the storage season and now it floods and the airbox gets fuel in the bottom. The bike had no issues for a many seasons prior, but its a 97 model and I bet the O Ring let go.
  10. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That has happened so many times. Do you have the stock petcock? It's usually the petcock.
  11. BC1

BC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No that is long gone, pk working properly. Luckily it appears no gas got into crankcase but Ill change it anyway.
  12. Klay

Oddometer:
    When you say net and valve assembly, do you mean the needle valve?
  13. BC1

BC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    NeedleOring.jpg Yes
  14. Klay

Oddometer:
    That hasn't happened to ours. Might as well take it apart and look at things, the thing is so simple.
  15. BC1

BC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. Klay

Oddometer:
    Do you shut the petcock off at night? How fast could it leak?
  17. The_Precious_Juice

The_Precious_Juice 2019 DL650XT Touring

Oddometer:
    Trailrider200 and MYUMPH like this.
  18. THRASHED

THRASHED In your helmet, no-one can hear you sing, I hope.

Oddometer:
    We have two 2015 models in the garage. Last year, one of them started spewing gas out of the petcock. Luckily I was close enough to a town that had a great shop and they had a manual petcock. On my DRZ400 I bought a rebuild kit for a fair price and didn't have any issues. For the DR200, there are no kits and the stock one is $$$$. I stayed with the manual on the one and also proactively replaced the other one as well.
  19. bIackjack95

bIackjack95 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Parts guy advised not to get so much tire in rear? Said it will eat gas and hard for small engine? Should i get that size or smaller?

edit: ended up going with shinko 244 in front and rear hopefully not a bad decision seem to be good reviews for 50/50. Size i went with was 80/100x21 - 110/100x18
    Still havent tried running the bike just cleaned carb didnt look that dirty, idk if it was the air box tube that had a tear connecting to the carb which was causing me issues or the carb itself could be the petcock too idk yet. Besides that issue the bike still has the major leak issue may need to replace gaskets etcs idk where to start for that. Want to get this bike back and running without leaks.
  20. bIackjack95

bIackjack95 Adventurer

Oddometer: