the DR650 thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by sleepywombat, May 1, 2006.

1. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:

He should only be allowed here for counseling. :freaky
    But the bottles are not blue.
    drhippie2, Lil' Steve, AK650 and 2 others like this.
  2. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speaking of @cyberdos , I hope we’re not dealing with post banning boycott syndrome. I’ll miss his/your contributions.

Come back. We miss you.
    Fishnbiker, AK650, NC Rick and 2 others like this.
  3. Ever Onward

Ever Onward Older,Wiser, Smarter

Oddometer:
    Doubtfull.

Much more likely his feet melted into the ground and he is stuck ! :lol3

Looking at the 14 day forcast for his area, my head hurts just thinking about it !

I HATE July !!!!!! Just simply HATE it !

Worst month of the entire year. Burnin, hot, worthless month ! We are havin a heatwave in the upper 80's and thats around 15 degrees above normal for this area.

IT SUCKS ! I pray for cloudy days the next few weeks and allways welcome rain days with cooler temps. Not a fan of hot or humid !

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/...5d0de7940cda8b0b2e0dafda4ef6f742b558409755f66
  4. kezzajohnson

kezzajohnson kezza

Oddometer:
    I could have and probably should have done the same - my muffler came with the Gixxer mid-pipe and flange also which I think I turfed.
    Nogoodnamesleft, JagLite and AK650 like this.
  5. Redfish Hunter

Redfish Hunter Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love July. Simply Love It.

Riding to work wearing a MESH jacket, summer weight gloves and leaving my face shield cracked open a notch. The pursuit of large fishes in open water. My kid being out of school so we can do things together. The...Wardrobe Choices of the folks boat riding. (I personally wear a Speedo!) :topes Shaving my wife's back hair...

We each like what we like and we each make our own choices.
  6. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    If that doesn't help, there's a couple of thrust washers behind the clutch that wear and might need replacing. There's a good write up on drriders that someone can link for you.
  7. Redfish Hunter

Redfish Hunter Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I want to assume positive intent. I truly want to think he just meant that communication would be easier and there was no underlying meanness.

And this thread is better when YOU are here.
  8. TwoUpTourer

TwoUpTourer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Could be several things, including the oil used. I had this in a previous bike, and changed to the oil specified for it and bingo, problem disappeared to my surprise. But as has been suggested, clutch adjustment, or even clutch issues like the springs or plates could be at fault. Try the easy ones first of course.
    JagLite, SongofStroms and AK650 like this.
  9. TwoUpTourer

TwoUpTourer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry but I had to laugh! :lol3
    I wouldn't take off my woollen jumper for that! What you get used to for sure.
  10. NC Rick

NC Rick Cogent Dynamics Inc

Oddometer:
    thank you so much! I know your build is going to make for some cool bike. Please get my friends @Lil' Steve a d @cyberdos out on some awesome rides. I hope to be there one day to do that with them bit hopefully without doing any backflips on my bike... maybe they will be nice to me.
  11. NC Rick

Oddometer:
    Sorta like shift work. I'll hide I'm my air conditioned shop, lots to do anyhow.
    Ever Onward and JagLite like this.
  12. AK650

AK650 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    These guys offer some nice press brakes, to include a DIY option. Their Porte-Band saw stand, is one of the most handy tools I have ever owned. Great folks to deal with, and excellent quality.

https://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-Press-Brake-Kits_c_53.html
    JagLite and NC Rick like this.
  13. GeoAdventure

GeoAdventure Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You only mentioned beer twice!
  14. Mongle

Mongle Knuckle dragger

Oddometer:
    Actually, three times. :lol3

:freaky
    AK650, JRowland, -spam- and 5 others like this.
  15. tobiism

tobiism Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes indeed that's where I got the DIY kit that's on the way
  16. NC Rick

Oddometer:
    I went to am friends place last night to look at and talk about his two motorcycle projects, a Honda 450 scrambler and a Husky te450 which are stripped with frames off to the powder coating place. I bought and brought pilsner urquell which I haven't had in years. It tasted a bit funny because of the local beers to which I have become accustomed to as well as love. Well, the beer was yummy and drinking two in rapid succession did not knock me out. I was surprised. I could maybe drink one or two and still succeed at working on my DR. Strange.
  17. NC Rick

Oddometer:
    I try hard to not be judgmental nor go-off or be triggered based on some personal assumption. Regardless, I sometimes do. Being mindful of others is something which is important to me. Unfortunately, I do sometimes act in suboptimal ways. I didn't think I was doing in this case by asking for clarification. I hope I will never stoop to any hatefulness or name calling. I'm human, I have weakness and Id like to be better. Life is so interesting, I totally enjoy learning things and then, at the same time finding that my new knowledge, without exception leads to a whole new horizon of things I don't understand. I can only embrace this phenomenon.
  18. NC Rick

Oddometer:
    Our friend and fellow DR rider is out of work and experiencing a hard time, what I saw which sticks in my brain is many people reaching out to him with support and suggestions. That is another reason to love this thread.
  19. strom thingie

strom thingie Lost and Proud! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I really got into the Pils beers when I was stationed in Germany. I was road cycling at the time quite a bit and a nice crisp beer (or two) at the end of a ride was just about a perfect way to finish. A heavier beer would make it a bit more of a chore to pedal home the last mile or two.
  20. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve PussyWagon™ Chauffeur Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll always have cold beer waiting, does that count?
    JagLite, AK650, JRowland and 6 others like this.