the DR650 thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by sleepywombat, May 1, 2006.

1. Sonny S.

Sonny S. Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're welcome, been there too a few years ago ! Tried finding pictures of the bikes there but no luck. Maybe later
    JRowland and Tall Man like this.
  2. Nogoodnamesleft

Nogoodnamesleft Long timer

Oddometer:
    yep.
    From what i see, staff make all the difference.
    I know one of the people at carers gateway that has always told me staff is everything, but burnout is huge.

When i was at the bridge 10 years ago i paid 17 year old staff more than what my mum’s carer on a Thursday gets now.
    The care industry is broken.

I’ve got a mate that works for a company high up in NDIS.
    He’s told me with my job history and life experience, he could get me a job at the drop of a hat.
    I like a good fight or battle, but that is even out of my sanity wheel house.
    JagLite, Fishnbiker, amp333 and 2 others like this.
  3. Road Barnacle

Road Barnacle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

31 degrees this morning. Not many days left, but I’m still quite fond of this season.
  4. Nobade

Nobade Keep on keepin' on...

Oddometer:
    scooter.jpeg
    sarcoid, JagLite, drhippie2 and 13 others like this.
  5. William Wolfen

William Wolfen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks bud. I stay out of Zuckerberg's fantasy land. I'm still on there, but haven't seen anything on TWT. They're not going back to Tapatalk either from what I can tell. If do anything it'll be either a TWT ride to eat on Sunday that's planned somewhere I've never been out a solo exploration ride. I'm getting tired of the same old roads.
    Sonny S. likes this.
  6. Sonny S.

Sonny S. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like a solo exploration ride and record your tracks. That's the best way to find new stuff.
    I do that several times then put a route together for when Jennifer comes up to Maryland. Then we run it backwards so it's new to me lol
  7. Nogoodnamesleft

Nogoodnamesleft Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think my DR has started a turf war in the backyard.. :D
    Only put the DR there about an hour ago.

i think the water dragon that lives in my pool and backyard, was like “ wtf is this thing doing here..?? ”.. :lol3

90EB65F2-613A-4484-98A2-A7DF3BB73529.jpeg
  8. LexTalionis

LexTalionis Inciteful

Oddometer:
    Chase Harper USA 4502 RipStream Tail Trunk:
    https://smile.amazon.com/Chase-Harp...C,B071CZPC4R,B088GRCT3W,B094T4R9QM,B000GV1X4K

I highly recommend CH products, had CH 4100 saddlebags on the KLR650; too many times jumping rainwater diverters caused the straps on one side to break, I washed the bag and sent it back on my dime, CH repaired and sent the bag back to me on their dime - lifetime warranty.

This tailbag has no internal support, you could roll it up into a tube. I cut up a corrugated paper box for internal support of the main and side compartments, works perfectly and protects the fabric from the contents. Quality materials and sewing.
    spklbuk, Road Barnacle and Fishnbiker like this.
  9. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal If I die trying, at least I tried Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I rode today. Bike ran great. Later when returning home from a get together it just died while idling. It’s clear fuel is not the issue.
    Thinking failed pickup coil. Fuck. Maybe after sitting the last ten months, now is a good time for it to fail, rather than in the middle of nowhere once I resume traveling. I did get a truck ride home. And do have a spare coil. Just need to research the test method before cracking the motor open.
    Sucks
  10. Fishnbiker

Fishnbiker Tire smuddy, hook swet

Oddometer:
    Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
    Are you using the on/off switch or some other graduated system?

I have Oxford Heaterz on my 790. 5 position control, always turns of with ignition. Great warrantee. I had a voltage level issue a few weeks after installing my first set. They sent me out a complete newly updated set of everything in about a week.

I just today ordered a wrap on kit like yours for the DR 350 SE. Will power it from the spare headlight area connector through a relay feeding higher amperage to the handlebars for the heaters, GPS, & USB plug (phone , camera?). Had the same system on my Honda Ascot with a Lot of usage, On/off only, but easy to reach on the handlebar.

Would the alcohol wash be just a pour & wipe then install?

Incedently, I used these same type of heat pads for my bike boots & ski boots, pasted onto custom orthotic inserts. Wires running up the leg to a battery pack belt, or connector on the bike. A double pole double throw switch changes the heat range by switching from 12 to 6 volt. Worth every cent.

[​IMG]
    JagLite, Nogoodnamesleft and jdub like this.
  11. Fishnbiker

Oddometer:
    I alway enjoyed riding that area on my road bikes. So completely different than our steep mountains & forests at my home north of the border. The rolling hills & deep canyons were great on my K75 RS & Tiger 885. Riding the volcano route all the way to Mt Shasta gave some amazing twisties & vistas

Columbia River
    [​IMG]

Mt Hood (?)
    [​IMG]

Crater Lake early June
    [​IMG]

A volcano within a volcano
    [​IMG]
  12. Fishnbiker

Oddometer:
    JagLite, AK650 and BergDonk like this.
  13. Fishnbiker

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I was actually more interested in the metal side racks. Just need something to hold soft bags off the side panels.
  14. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’ve been seeing some in the FM lately. I know shipping to Canada can be an issue for some sellers, but here is one as an example -
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/suzuki-dr350-rear-pannier-racks.1512380/
    JagLite likes this.
  15. jdub

jdub Dawg bytes reel gud Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep, I'm using the improved (sealed/waterproof) Heat Demon On/Low/High switch. Although I'd prefer a closer location to my left hand, the rubber blanking plug on the T7 adjacent to the OEM power port was too good a mounting location to pass up.

20211004_122408.jpg 20211004_122359.jpg

Spot on regarding the alcohol application; I thoroughly wet the bar/heated wrap with my alcohol coated fingers then pour a bit into the grip and ensure it is thoroughly coated also. Slide the grip on, adjust/stretch into position as required and walk away for an hour or so as the alcohol dries. The grip then sticks like it was glued on, but very simple to remove again if/when the time comes.
    JagLite likes this.
  16. NC Rick

NC Rick Cogent Dynamics Inc

Oddometer:
    I think your dragon friend only has two questions: will it eat me? Can I eat it?
  17. sandwash

sandwash Long timer

Oddometer:
  18. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
  19. Rich

Rich Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. William Wolfen

William Wolfen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did it start back up after it cooled off?
    TrophyHunter likes this.