The End is Here; AKA The Adventures of "el Churro" Around Latin America

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by WileyRTW, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    Sorry, if you read the forum rules it's a major violation to post a pic of some really great looking food without a description.....
    9w6vx, Champe, WileyRTW and 1 other person like this.
  2. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    I was told it is Pazole, but that usually has cabbage or lettuce I believe....when delicious food is put in front of me i do not ask questions.
    yokesman, Cal and Migolito like this.
  3. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    go for it Wiley! You are entertaining us up in the frozen north.
    roadcapDen and WileyRTW like this.
  4. Pactel

Pactel n00b

Oddometer:
    Ignore/block
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  5. Misery Goat

Misery Goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I stayed in Patzcuaro and toured the lake and Isla Janitzio. It's nice to see folks going to the lesser traveled places of MX.
    ApexJeff, roadcapDen, Cal and 3 others like this.
  6. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    images.jpeg
    codebot and Cal like this.
  7. borderlinebob

borderlinebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CANADA-100 ft N of International Falls, MN
    Man you got me confused here.
    Only 1 post in 10 years—- and it’s this 2 word one????

What am I missing?
    Can someone fake their join date?
  8. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    Lol, personally, I am honored.

All I can ask my readers is that we continue to ignore any of the controversial comments, eventually bedtime will come around and they will go away. I will get the next segment up in the next couple of days, as I have done the coastal route previously this one will also be a quick one as I simply revisited a few beach towns, but am light in pics as at that point I did not plan on doing the report. After that I will be more or less caught up and ready to dive into Michoacan!

My man, loves his Modelo.
    IMG_20201102_182838714.jpg
    powderzone and Migolito like this.
  9. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent, keep peddling. Take Care Petepilot
    WileyRTW likes this.
  10. td63

td63 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmm...shades of Don Quixote here. The lunatic living in the shipping container walks into a bar, yells "the world is flat! And I forbideth thee from arguing otherwise!"

Is he crazy like a fox, or just crazy?
    Notevenclose and WileyRTW like this.
  11. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal If I die trying, at least I tried Supporter

Oddometer:
    “ I wasn't going to do one because Mexico has requested only essential travel occur so that they can do what they need to to handle this FAKE COVID BS, and I am not trying to encourage people to disregard this.”

Pot, meet kettle
  12. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    I see why you are confused sir...you seem to think this is a forum for discussion, but as the admin pointed out there is a place for that. I am free to share as many opinions as I like in MY REPORT, some may be controversial I cannot control what gets under your skin. Don't like the story, move on. I will ignore others opinions as they mean anything to me in this thread. Doesn't make me a hypocrite, just means there is a time and a place, and this ain't it.

I am glad to see several people like you keep coming back regardless to the reason, as I must admit I like the attention....keep checking back in, or don't.....the adventure continues.

IMG_20201105_105212049_HDR.jpg
    ApexJeff, roadcapDen and Cal like this.
  13. Champe

Champe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good info here. thank you. I had some friends cancel their trip to the Copper Canyon due to the "news" we heard. Feet on the ground reporting beats our modern news system all day long. Information from real travelers who will speak up is so valuable since it contradicts "official" sources so often.

Also, I appreciate your efforts to fit in locally. Like you said, we are guests in their country. We do not change their rules or lifestyles. We adapt to them. If we cannot adapt to their culture, we need to leave. There are a lot of priveleges to being a guest, but also responsibilities. Leaving our hosts with a good impression of us is the responsibility that I am talking about.

Had to look up Isla Janitzio. Seems it is famous for it's night of the dead celebrations. What goes on besides conjuring up the dead from the lake and lots of candles at the graveyard ?
  14. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    It is impossible to get accurate info, as it varies so wildly down here. If I only used Facebook, I would think everyone is wearing masks and uses sanitizer etc as every response is yeah it is great, everyone is really good about it blah blah blah, but that is far from the case. Once you get outside the tourist areas, things it really becomes dependent on where you are. Even in tourist destinations such as Mazatlan where they do a good job overall, there are a lot of people on the malecon walking/jogging without masks.

I do believe that your opinion, and my opinion, are meaningless when guests in another country, but also feel my opinion is meaningless at home. I am free to think what I want, but at home I wear the mask as well. Even if the masks don't work, they provide a psychological benefit to those in fear....and if they do work, then great no harm done to those of us wearing them. But I think it is extremely disrespectful to be in a town like Patzcuaro as a gringo and not even have a scarf around your neck so you look like you care which I saw a ton of. I mean it isn't right in Sayulita either but I am not surprised by what I saw there due to Sayulitas reputation with gringos. Then again a large portion of the locals in Patzcuaro are sans masks as well so it is what it is..

You are correct, Isla Janitzio is famous for the dia de muertos celebration, and the locals lost a ton of money as it was closed down this year. That is the draw for the isla, but it also famous because of the fisherman, who were at one time on the back of one of the bills, maybe the 50 peso not sure. I have stolen this pic from @Tricepilot which shows them in action. I went to the island 2 days after the celebrations but there were no fisherman, and hardly anyone on the island aside from the locals. Overall the weather here is nice most of the year, and while I constantly read "due to it being a shallow lake it is an ugly brown", I rather enjoyed the area. They are also kind of famous for the small sardine like fish that they fry, but I didn't try them.

[​IMG]

I don't know, seems pretty to me
    IMG_20201103_173909639_HDR.jpg
    roadcapDen, Cal and borderlinebob like this.
  15. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice view How is El Churro doing, any coolant problems from Patzcuaro to Morelia? Is there a Kawasaki dealer there you were going to visit? When you leave or want a day ride look up the Mil Cumbres route to the east.
  16. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    I am in no rush to leave Morelia, but am headed there next don't worry.

Fan works but isnt turning on so either there is air in the system affecting the thermo switch, or the thermo switch itself broke. I dont believe it is air as there were no problems in 2k miles until Patzcuaro. Going to rig a manual switch for the fan now as there is not a kawi dealer here, but still may swing by some shops to see what I can do. Only a problem in traffic, but I have had to stop a few times on my trip around lake Patzcuaro, luckily Morelia is right down the road from here so not a big deal. Need to find a sticker or something, some sort of peace offering....el Churro is still a wild steed which needs to be tamed.
    Migolito and Cal like this.
  17. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    Thought I'd give it a try.

Attached Files:

WileyRTW and Cal like this.
  18. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    Give what a try, clutter my thread with broken rules??? What is the delicious dish amigo?? Did you make that, and if so where is mine?
    Migolito likes this.
  19. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Here's some more clutter.....IN!
    Mofrid, WileyRTW and Cal like this.
  20. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    I don't want likes Migolito, I want answers!!

As i told Cal elsewhere, this report is basically me going from point a to point b while eating food.....so food commentary is far from clutter.
    Champe likes this.