The F5 Bivouac (general rallye raid news)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not bad for someone who doesn't know anything :lol3:photog
  2. burgerking

burgerking echt bezopen

Oddometer:
    JBB will start his own team, buys a factory KTM with Kleenex sponsorship money:augie
    DesertSurfer and beechum1 like this.
  3. RussellM

RussellM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That would have to be a BIG offer.

KTM has been good to Toby. He has been a KTM "factory" rider in Australia since about 2010, and won mostly everything he has entered locally, and they have given him good opportunities.

He would be throwing a lot away to leave KTM, and Honda certainly doesn't look like a safe bet for someone in his position.
  4. too old

Oddometer:
    HRC can easily double the KTM :deal $$$'s, but riders seem to want to stay Orange - that say's far more than words!
  5. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think that one may pull this trick during the end of his /her career. You think ok, I have one year left, I may as well get the most out of it...

Regardless, I can't see Barreda changing teams. Neither speedy. Sherco for example, may get Barreda, but ktm it's very, very unlikely.

The problem with HRC, is the usual. HRC says it's a rider error, rider says it's a bike error... We have lived it over and over again.... Dint they ever get tired :scratch
    yeti27, too old and chasbo like this.
  6. chasbo

chasbo Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would rather see Jordi stay with KTM than for them to get the questionable Barreda.
    steved57 likes this.
  7. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    Did Brabec have any mechanicals? Granted he didn't have the pace of speedy or barreda but surely enough Hondas finished with good times to rule out the bike? My take away from this year is that toby got his biggest separation in the toughest navigational stages, so he has the pace and navigation that will be tough to beat if future dakars return to more HP stages.
  8. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    Toby was one of those... red offered him more money but he stayed put. It certainly payed off for him.
  9. keepshoveling

keepshoveling DNF

Oddometer:
    Do you think he could have/would have won with HRC? Assuming he didn't have to help Barreda or Goncalves.
  10. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    I think he'd win on a Honda CT 110... But I may be biased.:photog

Seriously though yes...

He hasn't always been orange :1drink
  11. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    Very happy to see this discussion being bounced around again!!! Great points on Eastern Washington, Idaho and Eastern Oregon being mentioned here, which would certainly be worthy of Dakar type conditions ( Eastern Oregon being the most remote uninhabited region in the continental US). Also BLM recently receiving horrible publicity with Harney county residents taking over local BLM office by gunpoint might need to revamp it's image of public cooperation. And you could add Nevada, Arizona, Eastern California and Baja Mexico. With BLM cooperation you'd have a very desolate and challenging Dakar style Rally. And since Jimmy Lewis is very familiar with Western Nevada, Eastern California, Oregon, Arizona and Baja... And with his Dakar and Nav experience... He could help create one hell of a course!!! Gentlemen and Women, LET THE GAMES BEGIN...
  12. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Yes a good challenging rally could easily be made out of the Western US, but you'd need a lot of permissions from BLM, ranchers, govt entities, Indian tribes, Park Service and the list goes on. Enviro'fanatics are also much more active in the USA too. Not stuff the ASO couldn't overcome, but would they make enough money out of the deal, I wonder. We certainly have folks with the knowledge to make it happen with our Dakar vets, JimmyL, HogWild, Ned, Jonah, Quinn and more. The bureaucracy puzzle would be the big nightmare.

Very cool what the Baja Rally has got going, and the Sonora Rally, hope they keep growing!
    DesertSurfer likes this.
  13. too old

Oddometer:
    A lot of them haven't and the switch could be always be possible (never say never), but I'm sure a lot of things would need to change!!
    ferals5 and 640 Armageddon like this.
  14. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Svitko made the right choice.
    The switch of the HT team to Husqvarna. That is a big, NO. Production machines to late.
  15. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Don't forget rallye playera
  16. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    Nothing in particular, only that maybe he is a bit heavier on the bike than other riders. Due to his size and his previous Rugby/Enduro careers maybe :D
    I've heard the same about Salvini, who, if not switched to Beta, pretty sure we would have seen him trying a Rally Raid.
  17. Miguel Tavares

Miguel Tavares Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
  18. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Ok... my horse finished out of it but now learn that he was sick most of the first week and mechanicals. I wondered what was up with Jordi... Glad Im not a gambler.

Anyone need a water carrier for 2017.. I can ride mud too ! (last Sunday at Hangtown)

[​IMG]
  19. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    You saw the tweets of CHAVO and his hand. ?
  20. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeap... amazing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]