The F5 Bivouac (general rallye raid news)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    ASO (Amaury Sport Organisation) is actually owned and run by the Phillipe Amaury Group (L'Equipe newspaper and French TV/Media conglomerate), which is controlled by a board of directors - of which Jean-Etienne Amaury is the CEO.

The DAKAR is only one (of many) sporting events that A.S.O, owns and organises anually... the most famous of which is the Tour d'France.

David Castera is the current DAKAR event director, having taken over the role from Etienne Lavigne in 2019; coinciding with the rally's move from South America to Saudi Arabia. So I guess you could say that Castera "runs" DAKAR... but the event is only a part of A.S.O. business portfolio of sporting and promotional ventures.
  2. hubilado

hubilado Motoquiero Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. Tommy Torture

Tommy Torture Still Alive in 2005 Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was fortunate to follow this rally in 2013 when Honda was testing their 450 rallies. Met Johnny Campbell and others there. We also followed the Merzouga Rally. Good times.
  4. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    2021 Rally du Maroc - FIM Moto CCR Championship entry list.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2m6j8l5r...AbV5a?dl=0&preview=FIM+RALLYGP+Entry+List.pdf

All the "guns" are in the list... chambers loaded, triggers primed.

[​IMG]

RALLYE DU MAROC 2021 PROGRAMME

Thursday 7 and Friday 8 October morning: administrative checks and tecnhnical scrutineering
    Friday 8 October afternoon: Super Special (FIM) / Qualifying Stage (FIA)
    From Saturday 9 to Wednesday 13 October: stages 1 to 5
    Wednesday 13 October evening: prize giving ceremony.

Rallye du Maroc website: https://rallyemaroc.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rallyedumaroc/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarocRallye
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rallyedumaroc/
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOibDo9WBvEJni0FRsUn7ew
    Hashtag: #RallyeduMaroc
    Gian, keepshoveling, GSDane and 2 others like this.
  5. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    So now it's official, Fantic Motor enters the Dakar Rally with Franco Picco!
    https://www.facebook.com/FanticMotorOfficial/

Picco announced months ago he would participate to the next Dakar with an Italian bike,
    I thought myself the only one could have been Fantic, as they already collaborate with Yamaha,
    and when this summer they showed the new Fantic 450 (with Yamaha engine), it was quite obvious
    https://www.fantic.com/it-it/moto/enduro/xef-450_811ek

Now I'm really curious to see if the new machine will look like an official Yamaha rally or will be completely different
    :dukegirl
  6. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

It would make sense for this first attempt by FANTIC for 2022 with Picco, to do a white red and black livery version of the factory Monster YAMAHA 450 rally bikes... given the lack of R&D time until January - and the fact that the team (so far?) is only to run one bike (for Franco only?).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It would make more sense for the small Italian factory to piggy back off the YAMAHA effort for this first year (Picco has close ties since many years ago with Yamaha in Italy)... and then possibly work on some own designs going forward?
    keepshoveling, Gian and DruncleWill like this.
  7. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pretty exciting news to see a new manufacturer at whatever level getting into the game.
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  8. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    I'd agreed, we should see it at the Eicma, after all they have the Botturi's bike to start with. Not the latest evolution but a good one anyway ;)
  9. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great news, thanks Gian.
    Fantic has been on my radar for a while now.
    I've been hearing good things about the (Yamaha) 125 and 250 Enduro bikes. It will be easy to cheer for them and of course F.Picco.
    However, I can't help thinking that having another young, talented rider in a team with F.Picco would be a good idea. Both in terms of exposure and more security in finishing the race.

Manuel Lucchese made a video about the new 450 last week:
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  10. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    I agree with Balkan... if Fantic is to debut at 2022 DAKAR (and assuming they are using some version of the existing Yamaha Rally 450 platform) then it would make sense to have a second (younger/elite or at least pro category) rider on a second bike and increase (by 100%) the security of having a FANTIC team bike finish their innaugural participation in the rally.

Perhaps it is a question of budget (higher cost for two riders), although - if the Fantic team utilize an existing YAMAHA platform - this would be a cheaper scenario than the R&D cost in order to develop ONE bike from scratch.

:lurk
    640 Armageddon and Gian like this.
  11. gearheadE30

gearheadE30 @LC8Adventures

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

12. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice scoop. ^^^
    That looks like a typical enduro frame. I hope they say what was the motivation to switch from trellis.
    Tail peace looks slimmer, as much as can be judged from this angle.
  13. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Geeze Louise...!!! :eek7:eekers They now look like x-country enduro bikes, with mx sideplate shaped rear fuel tanks and a see through nav tower... :knary

How light must they be...???!!! :tb
  14. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    Is the filler for the rear tank/s on the right side? No pic of that side and I don't see a filler on the left. Possibly under the quick disconnect seat?

The lower front section of the frame is definitely different than my 2018. Twin down tubes but the bend much sharper and it looks like they are joined together by a cross tube where it goers from vertical to horizontal.

Same under seat air filter access as the trellis.

Looks like a constant work in progress for mass centralization and/or putting more of that weight closer to the front.
  15. socaldrrider

socaldrrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
  17. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
  18. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The rear tank reminds a bit the old 690 shapes, but more refined and round.
    Frame is different from the EXC for sure, nobody knows what is inside that ''spine'' and for sure stiffeners and gussets are different from the EXC.

Different oil filter, oil cooler now in the bottom (it will get some serious sand blasting there...), interesting tank mounts, screen does not connect to side panels any more.
    Looks like an EXC on steroids and the general idea reminds me of the black Yamaha rally bike that was going around. We see that the tanks are more forward, hence the skid has this more pronounced ''round'' shape in the middle to allow for suspension travel. Air inlet in front of the seat and massive air filter. Nice protection/anti slip between the front and rear tanks so that you don't keep scratching the plastic tank there. Different bolts all round for tanks and I am missing the rear fuel pump although we can see the hose coming out. May be it is in the middle of the rear tank, to allow more compact bottom sides.

It's nice to see that the world goes round and round and finally after so many years we are back to an evolved 660 Rally frame :D
  19. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    The chassis has more in common with the geometry of the SXF (motocross model range). The EXC is PDS non-linkage rear suspension.

The "wheelarch housing" in the front of the kevlar underbody guard and the ever more forward placement of the rear tanks - all indicate that mass centralisation is of paramount importance in recent years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  20. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    And here is if you take your caffeinated beverage in black. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Gian, Ruffus, 640 Armageddon and 3 others like this.