1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

The F800GS Seat

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by M N B, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Snks

Snks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I see the seat gap now. The iphone doesn't work too well for seat gaps. The picture additionally shows a rear panel missing. Probably just order the gas cap surround panel from the GSA.
  2. Mauser556

Mauser556 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What size airhawk for the F800gs?
  3. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    Wish I could help. All I can offer is that the Airhawk definitely did not work for me. Seat Concepts was a much better option for me.
  4. stege

stege Wonderer

Oddometer:
    Went from an oem Rally seat (crap) to a Confort seat (much better) then decided to upgrade it even further.
    My new GS.jpg
  5. diegosaenz

diegosaenz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Need more details? :)
  6. rideslikeoldman

rideslikeoldman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, more details please...
  7. stege

stege Wonderer

Oddometer:
    Custom job from an Italian fellow, gel pads and new leather.
  8. R.J.

R.J. split personality

Oddometer:
    IMG_1286.JPG Seat Concepts tall GSA seat, foam and cover. Now I can sit farther back and have additional leg room. Feels good but I need a two or three day ride to real know if it is comfortable on the long haul.
    KILR0Y and Siricco like this.
  9. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    R.J. What options did you order? Any insights/observations on the stitching being in an area where ones upper thigh is?
  10. R.J.

R.J. split personality

Oddometer:
    Just the standard options, gripper top. I don't notice the seams at all. In fact the stock seat seemed a bit square on the corners under your thighs. This seat has no corners, a bit narrower in the front compared to the stock seat. I can move back now, the stock seat had me locked in, a bit too far forward. It is defiantly taller but that works for me.
    Siricco likes this.
  11. Zero Alpha

Zero Alpha Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I recently replaced the TT low seat on my bike with a Seat Concepts tall seat. At 6', the TT seat was much too low for me. The new seat gives a much better seating position, but the TT seat was more comfortable on longer rides. Overall, an improvement.

Attached Files:

12. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:

Hey fsiul17,

Do you remember is the Standard height Seat Concepts seat for your 2013 F800GS was same or lower in height than the OEM seat? By how much?

I use an Airhawk and my inseam is somewhere between the Low and Standard OEM seat.

Thanks.

GF-kam
  13. Spitfire44

Spitfire44 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought the Seat Concepts tall seat foam with standard cover. First the cover is too slippery. Didn't think I wanted the gripper because I wanted to move around on long trips and not get a weggy. Second I got the tall foam hoping to take out the slope that pushed me forward. It didn't. If I move back, the slope still wants to push me forward. I think the gripper seat may have actually helped. I'm going to take the cover off and reshape the foam to level the seat out. Was disappointed it wasn't an improvement over the stock seat. Actually decreased my comfort time.
  14. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Best thing I do for all my new bikes...a RDL on my 2017 F7. The ROK straps don't hold the seat on they are just tucked away from bringing beer home for the Christmas party last night :photog

IMG_2015.jpg
  15. Noblehops

Noblehops Misfit Supporter

Oddometer:
    Apologies for necromancing this thread, but I am hoping to sleuth something out pertaining to the F800/700/650 seats, namely, do they all interchange over 2008-2018? I think I know the Adventure definitely do not, but Sargent Seat sells one range of seats for all these years of the "standard" bike, making me think they might all interchange. Does anyone know for sure?

TIA for your thoughts.

Nils
  16. Pilotuh1b

Pilotuh1b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    G’day, yes, they do. Pretty sure it’s the same pan on the adventure except that the “standard” seat on the adventure is the “comfort” seat on the GS.
    Noblehops likes this.
  17. Noblehops

Oddometer:
    Many thanks man, that's much appreciated.
  18. OneEyedJack

OneEyedJack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It may be too late but the seats from a standard GS will not fit the GSA adventure bikes. GSA seats will fit the standard GS but there will be a gap between the seat and the subframe near the passenger position. The GS and GSA seat pans are different.
  19. Noblehops

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jack, appreciate the info.