The Geezer Factor

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Metalcarver, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    I thought bear was supposed to do that in the woods? Maybe since there wasn't a bear crossing sign the bear decided to create his/her own.
    Mcgee and TheAdmiral like this.
  2. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Bear and other wildlife crossings over the Trans Canada Highway in Banff. Yes, they do use them. The forest on either side is fenced off.

img_1.jpg
    popscycle and Shady Pass David like this.
  3. Metalcarver

Metalcarver Geezer Berserker Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think bears use the middle of the road for the same reason some people put a magazine rack in the bathroom. :jive
  4. Shady Pass David

Shady Pass David Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think you know where I am by Chelan?....Drop me a PM and see if stopping by would work for us....I have hardly been anywhere in 3 months and am over 70..With 2 recent broken ribs the last thing I need is to have a coughing fit..
    I've visited several camps on #12 & 410..usually the only one there...
    All right on rivers.............I have no idea why 2x of 1 showed up... DSCN3485.JPG DSCN3485.JPG

Attached Files:

waylongway likes this.
  5. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    I've only been through that country in 2016 following the Northwest Passage trail. Actually I haven't traveled with anyone else since the eclipse so it might do me good to practice up on social manners and not wipe my hands on my pants and cuss so much. That's a nice sized RV. A while ago we had a class B Born Free but I never quite trusted it on back roads. Duallys are a PITA if you have to change them yourself but that didn't matter because it didn't have a spare.

I'll put out advance warning if I cross the mountains.
    Shady Pass David likes this.
  6. Shady Pass David

Shady Pass David Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    10-4......You sent me a couple of Black & White boids a while ago...Years?..
    So...always welcome if I'm here or not.....Entiat River Road has so many swell trails and roads....
    Close to the Glacier Peak Wilderness....:wings................
    I have road service......Even as a kid weighing 130#.. I'm not lifting no quacking spare..I do have a sweet Michelin...Probably as old as my rig..34 yrs...still has the new things on the side..Better than -0-......
    Ride Fun!..as you do....:rayof.....
    Metalcarver likes this.
  7. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    I haven't been through any of that country. So I guess I have a re-education camp to attend. Probably after the passes have dried a bit. Think I'm going to go completely around the Olympic peninsula for a 3-4 day trip to test some new camping gear. Then who knows? Might end up in N Washington. Might end up on Calamity Ridge in Utah. Put those magpies back to work cleaning the roads.
  8. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    So a couple three weeks later I poke my head up outta the hole and wo... brand new world. So went on a picture quest. Fortunately I have a pretty cool back yard. Hurricane Ridge and Obstruction Point roads are open!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    georet, bergy, NSR400 and 11 others like this.
  9. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Amazing sights!
  10. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^^ what he said! Stunning!!
  11. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ashamed that you don't have anywhere to ride......

Beautiful pics!
    Metalcarver likes this.
  12. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    I ended up where I live by just sheer dumb luck. Wasn't even as complicated as a dart board. Warm body + money at the right time. I live down in the tsunami zone and Monday's trip got a total of 30 road miles from the house. The obstruction point road is a park road so it was graded smooth as a baby's butt, about 9 miles of dirt.

My house is about where the shore line intersects with the slope of the left mountain in this pic. Thirty miles to get ten miles away but sea level to 6k+ ft is pretty steep most anywhere you go.
    [​IMG]
  13. Mcgee

Mcgee Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice Pic's! I live in the Port Hadlock area and am looking forward to heading up that way. My front shock on my GS blew out and have been waiting for a replacement. Just received it and now to install and go!
    Thanks for taking the time to show us all how beautiful it is in our back yard.
    Metalcarver likes this.
  14. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    The traffic on US 101 is kind of sucky but pretty much on its whole length there are places to explore. I went up to the Mt Townsend trailhead and then up to the Little Quilcene trailhead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]