The Geezer Factor

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Metalcarver, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Metalcarver

Metalcarver Geezer Berserker Supporter

Oddometer:
    Went up the Deer Park Road this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thirsty 1, Chillis, georet and 5 others like this.
  2. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    Yeah, looks like we're gonna get a heat wave too. Might even get up into the 70's next week.

(Didn't see the pics)
    Chillis likes this.
  3. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)

You'll need to keep working on it then. :ricky
    Metalcarver likes this.
  4. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    Are you getting out? Not much of a summer for get-togethers. I think the last person I met live on a bike was McGee last August and I was driving a cage...

Tall tales that get taller around a campfire. Ride reports and diabolical plans.

Pandemics suck.
    LC1 and ktjim like this.
  5. waylongway

waylongway madmax Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
  7. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Yes it does...

I haven't been out a lot but I finally had to get out some. I did a day street ride on my Harley. I drove my van to WI, CO and back to see my sisters and to buy a TW200 in CO. There was the Triple B. I did a day ride last weekend on the F650. Rode my bicycle the last three days. And, tomorrow I'm headed out until Monday on the northern part of IDBDR.

It's nice to see your updates and where you have been riding.

Thanks for posting that, I missed it too.
    LC1, Metalcarver and waylongway like this.
  8. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    Plague run. I live with 3 people I would say are in the multiple risk factor category. So being of geezerly disposition I've remained locked down since February. But I have a condition where if I'm locked up for very long, my brain explodes. Not very pretty. So in the interest of public safety I putt around on the beast and occasionally go on a photo expedition. Which is problematic when the sun is straight up mudiddle of the day no shadows but I needed a fix so off to the hills. It's just that I need one of those trips where you watch whole mountain ranges disappear.

A drastic reduction in traffic from last Friday. 101 was angry then. Saturday seemed frantic but Sunday evening things totally relaxed and only a few cars and trucks up Dungeness way. Same old places I've gone before but maybe the pictures are a little different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you are a flower and you didn't bloom this weekend then I think you have problems with priorities.
    Ladybug, LC1, NSR400 and 5 others like this.
  9. dammitdave

dammitdave Long timer

Oddometer:
    [ It's just that I need one of those trips where you watch whole mountain ranges disappear. ] The Grand Vizer of Geezerhood speaks the truth! I am having visions of crossing the Bitterroots, riding in the shadow of the Beaverheads, celebrating the Centenials, winding 'round the Wind River Range, boxing the Bighorns and braving the Beartooths. It would take another five ranges to close the circle home. There's nothing so beautiful as the valley you're dropping into from the last range of mountains you've crossed. And there's nothing so strong as the pull of those mountains on the horizon that surely must hide an even more beautiful basin. DD
    out rider, georet, LC1 and 3 others like this.
  10. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    What he said!
    LC1 likes this.
  11. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    The 1918 pandemic lasted 3 years. Three separate waves. Estimates of up to 100 million dead worldwide. And this one is supposed to be worse. It is not getting better. Bodies in freezer trucks in the southern and western states. Twice I've been accosted by trumpsters for wearing a mask. It's a piece of clothing designed to protect people. Those same people yielded to the fascist order to wear pants. And the only thing proven to slow the virus is distancing and masks. And it is not stopping for politics or religion. Everyone in the United States right now knows someone who is going to die from this thing.

So what the phughque. Are we supposed to sit around and wait for the grim reaper? Or eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die? Nobody has died in my county from coronavirus. In fact the only difference between now and last year is you can't go out to eat or drink very easily and about half the people are wearing masks. And the people with small shops who get to sit there and wither. Do I go on a really big trip and carry all my food and only interact for gas and water. And hope that no first responders have to deal with me instead of the sick people. I have a couple of big garage projects but even that is not enough to stop the dog from shaking uncontrollably when I'm around. In order to insure domestic peace and tranquility I have to ride. But if I go out and bring the virus back there's three people in my house who are in super high risk categories for covid-19. Let alone the geezer factor.

"I have no mouth and I must scream."
  12. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please don't cause this thread to be sent to the basement with several others that started out as interesting threads.
    But it is your thread so do as you please, so far the pictures are awesome and the roads interesting. I really enjoy it.
    Chillis likes this.
  13. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    To change the subject I've wanted to build a gravity racer for a long time.

dammitdave likes this.
  14. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    There is actually an organization.

And they have a speed record of 102 mph.

And then THIS where MTB went 102 mph. And his volcano is smaller than our volcanoes.

Sheeeeut.

My Vstrom was faster than that.

Probably no shortage of slopes that could produce a speed record but probably landing zones are pretty scarce. And for a long straight downhill slope THIS seemed pretty good from memory.

Yeah, too much time on my hands. And a history of building rocket ships and experimental planes , black powder cannons and riding hacks. It's all coming together!
    waylongway likes this.