1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

The Good-Karma, Free-Parts Thread

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by ag_streak, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    If someone would like the match to that lone Kawasaki signal above, I have the other one. First pic above bottom center; the 2nd pic center right. My other signals here are gone.
    20200510_133601.jpg
  2. Trust

Trust but verify

Oddometer:
    Remainder of a Subaru head gasket kit from a 2000-ish outback ... I'm pretty sure all we used was the actual head gasket. So if you have one of those it might be handy for spares. I'll throw it out in 2-5 weeks, so dibs and PM me before then if you want it. Shipped from S of Raleigh, NC - local pickup is cool too. I can put it in one of those amazon padded mailers we all have too many of, or keep it in the cardboard. You pay shipping.

Attached Files:

3. bogieboy

bogieboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Darn... if only it had the headgaskets yet... my 03 forester is about to turn 230,000mi and needs them... it magically can make coolant disappear....LOL it really needs to be sent to the scrapyard...full life of NY salt rot... just staryed to do the plugged fuel filler vent trick on top of the dissappearing coolant act...:baldy and it has a power steering leak as well, havent refilled that so its hard manual steering...LOL:becca
  4. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had the remains of a Honda Reflex scooter deposited in my driveway by a friend who thought I still had mine while I was in the hospital with Covid. He picked it up with a bunch of other stuff that he was interested in. Engine is complete andhas compression and all susp and brakes work. No bodywork and a lot of the electronics are gone. Free to anyone who picks it up. It will get scrapped in a few weeks . GONE A member picked it up .
    iatethepeach and Nttra like this.
  5. fudozen

fudozen Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's a nice Windjammer there. Great give.
  6. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chiba,

Let me see if Mike B @Star-Bellied Sneetch would pick it up for me. In other words, tentative Dibs.
  7. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    90/90-21 MotoZ Adventure tire with very few miles on it
    IMG_20210915_111235786.jpg
    Free pickup only in Oakland CA (not shipping any more wheels or tires), or I can probably drop it off if you are nearby.
    Late for the Party likes this.
  8. Commiehunter

Commiehunter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice give! If you don't find any takers, I'll pay ya $$ on top of shipping for the inconvenience.

My best experience was at the UPS hub (not a UPS store) and just cling wrap or tape the address on. But, I understand if the hassle is too much.
  9. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    Where in SC is "Up-state", roughly? ;)
  10. stretch160

stretch160 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Between simpsonville and five forks.
    witttom likes this.
  11. Bruincounselor

Bruincounselor North Plains Drifter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Edit: All gone.

20210926_141904.jpg Progrip 714 Black. Two left grips (NO throttle side). ATV anyone?

20210926_141953.jpg
    1150GS Headlight assembly. Missing high beam. Low beam is cracked but works. Maybe someone needs the ball joint adjuster?

20210926_142037.jpg
    Right K1200RS switch assembly. Probably fits other models too. This isn't the heated grip version.

Pay Priority Mail shipping via paypal and it's yours. Free pickup in Fargo, ND
    witttom likes this.
  12. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    That headlight mount would be an excellent base for an LED headlight upgrade!
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  13. ShOqUePoT

ShOqUePoT GS Pot

Oddometer:
    I'd like to have both the BMW parts if I can. Dibs!
  14. stretch160

stretch160 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hate to throw away $400 worth of haynes and chiltons manuels, but, if i still ha e this stuff next week it is going to the dump.

Located near simpsonville sc

15. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    If it comes to that, look to see if there is a used book store in your area. The ones by me have a section for those type of books.
    stretch160 likes this.
  16. ShOqUePoT

ShOqUePoT GS Pot

Oddometer:
    It's tough without shipping. If you change your mind about that, I'll take the Jeep and Mustang books. I'll even take the brake levers that include the master cylinder if you think they are any good.
  17. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers Scared shiftless ! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Haynes manuals are ”printed media”. There is a MEDIA MAIL rate. It is/was way cheaper.

$20.20 for 28 pounds
  18. dtrego

dtrego n00b

Oddometer:

Great give! If there are no used books stores like BiggieFalls mentioned, please consider donating them to your local library. I used to borrow a couple of out-of-print Chilton manuals fairly often until I finally got rid of the vehicles.
  19. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Look What You've Done

Oddometer:
    +1.

We need to start a 'don't dump the manuals' petition until these are given away! :lol2
    pigjockey and SingleTrackJeff like this.
  20. Goomicoo

Goomicoo Rubber Cow

Oddometer:
    Maybe even a new thread for un needed manuals?
    MUDHWY and Treadless like this.