The Grand SOUTH Floridian Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by rich_mc, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Dfender110

Dfender110 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am taking it in the trailer. Might have to ride it if I cant find gas on the way, I will just park the tank, unload the bike and start my next adventure. Would be cheaper, thats for sure
  2. Dfender110

Oddometer:
    Anyone looking for it? There are more clues than you may realize.
  3. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mike - I'm liking the new bike really well...How soon should you be getting out of the cast? (I'll be visiting Thanksgiving week - maybe be able to see you for a ride?)

I'm not ready to come back home yet. I'm liking living here pretty well. Truth be told though, I think I'd like living about anywhere. I'd been in that small town in Ohio my whole life, and moving ANYWHERE was at least something different. I'm kind of enthralled with the "LEt's pick up all our shit and move it somewhere far away" idea still, so we may do it again in a couple years....That is, as long as Dawn doesn't ditch me...If that ever happens, I'm just gonna come live in my tent down by your creek...:freaky

:lol3
  4. Dfender110

Oddometer:
    not to steal the thread but you will have to point me to some good rides near Urbana for next month. It's been too long since I've been back home.
  5. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    I made your introduction - from here on it's up to you....rest assured, these guys can find you some very fun riding in Ohio....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7903498#post7903498
  6. ag_streak

ag_streak Tiene Ruta Cuarenta? Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK, Rich, let's say I already have a picture of my bike in front of the posted landmark BEFORE the picture of the current "tag" was taken. Would that suffice? (I think I know the answer!)

For example, I already have a shot of my bike in front of that restaurant in Masaryktown that Jack Daniel posted (I know it doesn't "count").
  7. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    In theory, file photos are not allowed to be used to tag someone else's tag(per Rule #3 on post #1).

In real life - Unless your file photo tag instantly appears 3 minutes after the original target tag is posted, there's no real way for the Dictator to know you pulled a fast one.

One caveat - There was a tag last year while I was still in Ohio where the metal roof of the old building had been painted. There were some folks who had a file photo of it, but it obviously was an old photo because the roof was no longer all chipped up. Things like that will make it obvious....

The actual spirit of the game is to just get us out and riding more - why not ride down there to the current tag and get your pic with it? You'll come home with a clear head and knowing you did the right thing :thumb
  8. Dfender110

Oddometer:
    Just wondering if anyone has found the. Current tag?
    And bumping it up for the weekend
  9. jaydee1445

jaydee1445 Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    I have no clue :huh where the tag is. It must be a south fl thing.:wink:
  10. Dfender110

Oddometer:
    It's in a county that begins with a C.
    Timmy
  11. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    TAG!

[​IMG]

Shell Creek Airport - It's off Washington Loop Road just a little east of Port Charlotte....

Tim - please explain your clues..... I was lost on the hidden or extra clues...

I found it because I knew the general area where you live and used the hybrid satellite map on Yahoo until I saw airplanes....

Next Tag will be right up....
  12. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    Here's Tag #3....

Tim and I got this one while on a ride together a few weeks ago, so that means someone else is gonna have to go get this one....

[​IMG]

I'm listing plenty of clues in hopes to make it easy and stimulate the game....

Clue #1:
    It's on an appropriately named road.

Clue #2:
    It's just off a 2-digit state highway that sums up to 11.

Clue #3:
    It's in a county that starts with a C.

Clue #4:
    [​IMG]

Good luck! Somebody get it soon...I need somewhere else to ride to....:deal
  13. Squelch

Squelch Everyday People Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd love to get it, but I'm not riding 7 hours on the superslab down there just to get skunked by someone else who's only a short ride from the sign. :dunno

Us folks up here in South Georgia are almost a full day's ride from y'all in the Everglades. Maybe we should split it up or have multiple tags going at once. If I did ride down there, I'd then post a tag from out near the westernmost Florida / Alabama border just to make everyone else ride their asses off trying to get it. :deal
  14. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    I'd love a reason to ride north.....:deal

Although, I did contemplate making this thread a south Florida Tag since the state's so damn big.....

I'd do an official poll, but I'm too lazy....So - Would all you Floridians prefer there to be seperate South Florida and North Florida Tag-O-Rama's??

If so, I'm all for it, but one of you other FF's will have to step up to be dictator of the northern game... (Dictator Squelch has a nice ring to it huh? :ear )

:lol3
  15. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    State Route 50 looks like it could be a good line to split along? :dunno
  16. Squelch

Squelch Everyday People Supporter

Oddometer:
    How about 40? Then you can have all the Orlando-ites in the south, and those poor bastards out by Pensacola aren't trying to find stuff in Titusville...

And I'm not sure about being the Northern Penispotato... I'll only be here for another 7 months or so. It should be someone with some longevity.

Let's see if anyone even steps up to the plate. If not, this may just turn into a South Florida Tag-O-Rama. :dunno
  17. Dfender110

Oddometer:
    while I guess my clues where too vague.

The washinton loop road was the only state
    Name I saw on the map.
    Rustic circle is the road I parked on.
    Shell of an aircraft.... Shell creek.
    Guess I will need to revise my thinking.
  18. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    Hmmm...It all makes sense now.....I guess there's a reason I'm not an FBI detective:rofl
  19. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    40'd be fine by me.....

The P.P. would only be needed for a little while to get things started....7 months would be plenty of time to get the system running.....:deal
  20. Big0range

Big0range uncreative

Oddometer:
    40 seems more reasonable. Perhaps you can make your first tag a gas station that's selling Premium... :D