The "Happy days are here again" Rides NW Wisconsin-summer 2020.

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by MarshkevUK, Mar 22, 2020.

1. MarshkevUK

MarshkevUK Alright Guv'na? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool, D/S or "ADV" your profile pic "says" D/S but... ?
    Mow-ree likes this.
  2. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    :D, That would be awesome... If she starts to shake in the woods it's because she remembers what's coming up... :imaposer Mowee, this was for you btw!
    Mow-ree likes this.
  3. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I have a GSA. I would more than likely ride to wherever and ride with people or not. I would be sure to eat where everyone is eating. Riding to cool places to eat is pretty much the point for me.

If the right DS came along, I might have something, but I am not counting on it.
    OU812 and MarshkevUK like this.
  4. WoodDB

WoodDB n00b

Oddometer:
    I’m down for a D/S ride. I’m totally green so if the group is fast and technical, Id probably be more of a liability than anything. Regardless, I’d dig the opportunity to connect with some riders in northern WI.

On a side, we have a small cabin in St. Germain and could host a night or two as long as you bring toilet paper, antibac and your own corona hazmat suit.

cheers! Mike
  5. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    OK, great response all. As of now i believe there's enough interest/riders to fill the two rides planned. If anyone else is interested please shout out and i'll put you down as reserves or plan another ride if there's enough interest.

Cheers and watch this space! MK.
    OU812 likes this.
  6. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
    When date is set I can commit. ;)
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  7. Grizzmug

Grizzmug Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would be in for both rides, sounds like a blast! Stretch the legs on the 990 or the 500 exc!
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  8. jgonzo

jgonzo n00b

Oddometer:
    The ADV for me sounds good. Depending on the weekend my brother may attend also.
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  9. dhollenberg

dhollenberg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m a maybe when a date is set. ADV ride, but I’m hoping to add a smaller dual sport to my garage this year.
    MarshkevUK and OU812 like this.
  10. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    OK everyone, break out your calendars! After purusing Cannon's list on the WI. Rides i've come up with the following possible weekends. I've avoided weekends like Memorial day, Fathers Day & the 4th... (God save the Queen!) along with events like the RfR, Theilman, Valley Springs etc. I'm not sure if CADVR is on or not so:dunnoand I sort of ignored other bike specific rallies but tried to match them up to possible D/S weekends (your Guzzi will not work where we'll be going:clap).

Dates:
    • Possible weekends for D/S are: (A) *12-14/06, (C) 26-28/06, (E) 31/07-2/08 & (G) 28-30/08.
    • Possible weekends for ADV are: (B) *29-31/05, (D) 10-12/07 & (F) 14-16/08.

So, 9 hardy souls expressed interest in the D/S weekend, please respond with your first and second choice (EX: A/E). We'll go with the majority vote and if that happens to be a weekend you didn't pick...:( sorry.

However, a whopping 15 of you have expressed interest in the ADV weekend which is :happay and a little bit:eek2 so, please respond with your first and second choice (EX: D/F) and again, we'll go with the majority vote and if that happens to be a weekend you didn't pick... well, don't be too sorry because there may be enough of you to do 2 weekends (the 2nd one will not be to the U.P. though!)

I'd like to kick both weeknds off on the Friday with a mid-day to early p.m. start just to make things less hectic. The D/S weekend will be in the NW of the State and a few parts of it will NOT be novice riding... However... your call:-) The gathering point will be my home (plenty of safe off road parking). I'm not quite sure where the ADV ride will start, i'm thinking somewhere around Tomahawk or Rhinelander. I'll be riding from Rice Lake though so you can meet me anywhere between there and Eagle River.

So, more details when we have the dates set. Questions/comments?:confused

*(edit-3/27-while i think the single track i want to use will be open the official date is June 1st... so, not taking the chance and swapped these dates around!).

:1drinkCheers! MK.
    OU812 likes this.
  11. Grizzmug

Grizzmug Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here are my votes for the d/s and adv rides.

Dual sport- C/A
    Adv- B/D
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  12. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
    DS:
    , (E) 31/07-2/08 & (G) 28-30/08
    Are my choices.
    Chute Pond is 6/26-30.
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  13. berksglh

berksglh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ADV.
    I'm flexible, so Ill let others decide.
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  14. Mikeeep

Mikeeep Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can make any of the ADV dates work.
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  15. FJRick

FJRick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    E,G and F,D would be my preferred dates. Thank You for all of the planning!
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  16. WoodDB

WoodDB n00b

Oddometer:
    I’m thinking I’ll sit the D/S ride out until I get some more experience. That said, can anyone provide trail recommendations in Onieda / Vilas County that would be good to build experience?
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  17. dhollenberg

dhollenberg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can try for either D or F. B is the same weekend as the Hugellandschaft ride.
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  18. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    Try Cannon's homepage, he has quite a bit of stuff from that area.
    https://cannonshot.net/wp/category/gps/
    WoodDB and OU812 like this.
  19. psycho klr

psycho klr Same psycho, now with less klr Supporter

Oddometer:
    South Central, Wisconsin, Not da udder one
    Umm, you know here in the US we list the month first and then the date. For instance, my birthday was 07/06/1964 which makes me 55 years old and to damn old to learn your weirdo metric system and backwards dates. Fricken' Limey's, grumble grumble...

Actually this sounds like fun, and I will keep an eye on the thread to see if I will be able to attend. I won't know when is a better time for me so I will abstain from voting.
    jsinclair, MarshkevUK and OU812 like this.
  20. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    "said the Country that's had a "metric" monetary system since the year dot" :rofl As for the date, how do you count? 1, 2, 3, 4... or going by the US system 3,4,1,2,5... :imaposer

To quote a well known saying "We are two Countries Separated By A Common Language" although in the 16 years i've been here i've come to realiz(s)e that goes for many other things too... For instance, the first time i ever went into Menards and asked where they kept their 4x2s i was meet with blank stares until i explained what i wanted and was promptly told that i meant 2x4s... i responded, ok, i'll take some of them and turn them on their side :lol3.

Funnily enough if you actually look up that quote on Google you'll see the following: "There is a famous quote attributed to George Bernard Shaw, Winston Churchill or Oscar Wilde depending upon the source you use that says: England and America are two countries separated by a common language". See, we can never agree on anything and I rest my case! :-)

Stay well and Happy!

MK.