The "Happy days are here again" Rides NW Wisconsin-summer 2020.

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by MarshkevUK, Mar 22, 2020.

1. sbaumann

sbaumann bark eatin

Oddometer:
    I'm in for a DS ride. I've been without a bike for 5 years, and this will be my motivation.
    OU812 and MarshkevUK like this.
  2. MarshkevUK

MarshkevUK Alright Guv'na? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, good for you jumping back in, welcome to the deep end... :imaposer
    OU812 likes this.
  3. Yooper_Bob

Yooper_Bob Insert witty saying here....

Oddometer:
    FYI....the Central Rally is going on in Boulder Junction, WI that same August weekend. It's August 8-16.
    cra_fizzer, Bultaco206, OU812 and 2 others like this.
  4. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    OK, We obviously didn't know that when we plumped for that weekend. I'm happy to choose another weekend if that's what's wanted or... we could camp/meet there on the Friday night and leave from there early on Saturday or we can say "that sucks" and continue to plan our weekend regardless.

Thoughts or comments anyone?

MK.
  5. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think rally at the rally Friday works for me. Large group events are still being cancelled right and left. There's no sense in chasing dates for a small group gathering where respecting social distancing is completely possible.
  6. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    D/S Ride Changes.

Hello All,

JSinclair & I recently rode the planned Saturday route which was going to be in Burnett & Douglas Counties. However, for various reasons, time of year, lack of fuel in the area of the single track and Douglas County's draconian no motorcycle ever, anywhere forest rule to name but a few means that that a 70-ish mile round trip to the Nemadji single track through D. County. isn't worth it, especially as we'd only have limited time on the actual single track. Allied to that getting back to our area for the Sunday ride means another 90 mins of gravel/blacktop which, in our opinion means less time in the woods.
    So, that got me thinking and as a result i have come up with hopefully an even better plan :hmmmmm:augie:imaposer

OK, this weekend will now be entirely in my part of the world and i can assure you all of a really fun weekend! With a little bit of luck i can even say that there will still be some good (privately owned) single track riding on the 6,000 acre game farm where we’ll be staying( watch this space)!

Also, because of the lack of Logistics involved you'll now have the option or arriving on a much more leisurely pace on the Friday or very early on the Saturday. We’ll be eating & sleeping at the following site: http://summitlakegamefarm.com/ and I have taken the liberty of putting down a deposit on the “Bears Den” lodge.

I think the weekend is going to be even better that originally planned and all I need from you is to know if you’ll need accommodations for one or two nights so I can plan/book accordingly.

Please let me have your questions or comments please!

Cheers, MK.
    FJRick, OU812 and sbaumann like this.
  7. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Which weekend?
    :D
  8. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    This is for the DualSport weekend of Friday July 31st thru' Sunday August 2nd.
    Summit Lake Game Farm is very close to the area we'll be riding in and can be found just off of County F. NE of Birchwood, Barron County.

MK.
  9. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    OK, So highlighted in Black/White on the list below are the riders who i believe i have a solid commitment from? Including myself that's a total of 9 riders and i am putting a limit of 10 riders on the D/S ride weekend.

rider snapshot.png

So, Clapped out, Enduro 16, Big H, Barnyard, Bad Dad, if one of you want to come please speak up as i've heard nothing since your initial interest. (Mowee, i'd give you first refusal as you were the one who missed ou on your preferred weekend).
    I really believe it's going to be a great weekend's riding :clap as i'm now at the point where i'm spending money on your behalf's please let me know if your having second thoughts for obvious reasons! If you should be or definitely would like to be on the list and you're not... let me know soonest please!

Cheers, MK.
    OU812 likes this.
  10. sbaumann

sbaumann bark eatin

Oddometer:
    Not sure if I'm on the list as ABAUMANN rather than SBAUMANN, but either way I'm out for the new dates.
  11. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    Hi, yes-that would be you you, sorry fat fingers! I'm sorry you can't make it but the dates of the ride haven't changed since my post of April 12th when we set it up originally.
    If your plans change and you can make it you'll be very welcome.

MK.
    OU812 likes this.
  12. TheBigH

TheBigH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Still interested. Just need to figure a few things out. Just got handed some furlough that needs to be scheduled in the next few months so trying to figure it out. Thanks for keeping it going.
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  13. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    For anyone reading this who may be interested in 2 days of pretty full on trail riding in NW Wisconsin there are just 2 spots left. We've booked a lodge south of Hayward for the weekend cost of which will be approximately $70.00 for Fri & Sat' night with riding on Sat' & Sun'.
    Dates are Fri' July 31st thru Sun' Aug' 2nd. shout out here or p.m. me for details if interested.

Cheers, MK.
    OU812 likes this.
  14. wiscolaw90

wiscolaw90 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was without a bike for a couple of years too, until about a month ago.
  15. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    Hi All, there's been some questions on suitable bikes for the D/S ride. i'll let the video clips explain... As for ability, that's up to you, your confidence factor and your ability to laugh! Of course there'll be easier trails, gravel etc' but the average trail will be like the first clip and the worst will resemble the 2nd one...

The wet ride was unusually late in the year (early November) and conditions were excessively harsh. Both the bike and myself were not well, it was about a week after this ride that i was diagnosed with the heart issue that ultimately resulted in the surgery...

Cheers, MK.
    OU812, FJRick and sbaumann like this.
  16. sbaumann

sbaumann bark eatin

Oddometer:
    Looks awesome.
    pigjockey and MarshkevUK like this.
  17. Corpsey

Corpsey Fixer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested in one of those two spots! I had major knee surgery in mid-April, and I should be back to riding muster by then if all goes well. I'll ask my physical therapist on Monday, she may have a different opinion. :augie

So maybe make that a tentative "in" for now...
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  18. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    That's the spirit!:muutt If it helps we'll be rarely, if ever, more than 45 min ride from the lodge by gravel/blacktop so if you decide to come and it all gets too much, there's an easy out!

MK.
  19. Grizzmug

Grizzmug Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey @MarshkevUK I'm very excited! I would need accommodations seeing as I'm coming from southern wisconsin. So I can pitch in my share at anytime. You can PM me an info I might need. Will I need to have a wisconsin OHM sticker for the trails?

Also any new info on the ADV weekend?

Thanks, Grizz!
  20. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    Hi Grizz'. sorry, i thought i'd replied earlier but forgo to hit the post button :doh.

Technically all you need at this point is to be registered for the road however... in the spirit of being a community an OHV sticker would be preferable. The rules pertaining to the area we're going to be riding in are pretty m/c friendly compared to other areas but we may ultimately venture on to other areas near Hayward and a sticker is a must if we do...

I'll pm you with details of the accomodation but there is a link above and i'm guessing you can get in there anytime after 3 pm on the Friday. They have a great fishing lake, trap shooting and other activities if you want to turn it into a mini break too! :D:D

As for the ADV weekend, not much to say yet except you can either meet at my house at noon of the Friday or in the Boulder Junction area on the Friday evening. it looks like we'll all be meeting at CADVR and getting off early on the Saturday morning. We will discuss that all a lot more once i've completely tied up the D/S weekend.

In the meantime here's a video i put together of the last time a few of us rode that route:

Stay Frosty! MK.
    pigjockey, jas123 and Grizzmug like this.