The "Happy days are here again" Rides NW Wisconsin-summer 2020.

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by MarshkevUK, Mar 22, 2020.

1. jas123

jas123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good times! Most people avoid the water puddles ! Kevin finds the deepest parts on the trail !
    OU812 and jsinclair like this.
  2. MarshkevUK

MarshkevUK Alright Guv'na? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :D:muutt maybe i do...
    OU812 likes this.
  3. Westerly_Wind

Westerly_Wind Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @MarshkevUK - I'm in for the DS ride on July 31 assuming there is still one open spot.
    OU812 and MarshkevUK like this.
  4. Corpsey

Corpsey Fixer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can work with that! If I have to bail, then I'll make you all sandwiches and tea while I sit at the lodge, staring forlornly toward the horizon, listening for the telltale sound of hooligans on dirt bikes. :(
    OU812 and MarshkevUK like this.
  5. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    Gentlemen, consider yourselves in. As there is money involved with this weekend please take the commitment seriously, but obviously, if something comes up and you can't make it please let me know soonest. (Corpsey, they'd better be cucumber if it comes to it and none of that Earl Grey stuff either :D).
    And with those additions i believe i can call this weekend fully staffed and ready for some socially respectful roosting! :clap

Big H & the inmate from Mankato (name withheld as contact was made via pm) i do have you pencilled in also. please confirm soonest if you're coming or not so that i can re offer your spots if you decode you can't make it).

Cheers All, MK.
    OU812, FJRick and Grizzmug like this.
  6. TheBigH

TheBigH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MK

I can’t confirm my availability until much closer to the date. So it may be best to open my spot to someone else who can commit for the sake of planning.

Thanks!
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  7. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan H. i won't open it back up though as you were going to camp anyway. If you can confirm later, great, but if not, the group's big enough anyway.

MK.
    TheBigH and OU812 like this.
  8. Bad Dad

Bad Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Planning on being in Maine end of July, begining of August, sorry for ghosting.
  9. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    OK, no worries. are you out for both or just the D/S ride?:hmmmmm

MK
  10. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the non-response. I am not sure that I will have a free weekend this summer. I just changed my vacation to cover an overnight driving job for a week and I know that I am covering 2-3 other weeks. When I work overnights, I am punching out at 6a on Saturday morning (sometimes earlier, sometimes later), so I am shot on Saturdays.
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  11. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    No worries Barnyard, drive and ride safe and stay well!
    OU812 likes this.
  12. Bad Dad

Bad Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Out for both.
  13. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
    No like given......
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  14. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    :-), why would i like it? if there was a sad face option i would have gone with that! :cry
    OU812 likes this.
  15. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sad...cause I don't have those fancy options. :(
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  16. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    Hello!
    OK, to confirm, currently the D/S ride is full, including myself there are 11 riders which is a great turnout:clap.

The inmates i show as having committed to attending the weekend are as follows:
    FJ Rick, Grizmug, JAS123, JSinclair, Wiscolaw90, Smspops, YamahaMXR, Westerly_wind, Corpsey, OU812 & myself.

If i've got that wrong please let me know ASAP. Also, please read the following regarding rules for the lodge as i'm signing on all your behalfs!

Lodge rules.png

Cheers, MK.

(more in a couple of weeks when i get back from Colorado!)
  17. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    OK, SO next up, the ADV weekend!

From the numbers i have for this weekend the ride is full:clap. I believe the following inmates have either fully or partially (See ?) committed to the weekend. I'd very much appreciate it if you could confirm or deny my understanding because i have a lot of various balls in the air currently and may have missed something!

Inmate names are: MIKEEEP(?), BERKSGLH(?), DHOLLENBERG(?), DERRICK-HH(?), WISCOWLAW90(?), CYRIDER, D2, FJRICK, GRIZMUG, JAS123, JSINCLAIR, BSCID, and myself.

As you know the ride has ended up clashing with the CADVR event and there's been some discussion about meeting at the Rally on the Friday. My personal opinion is that i'm ok with that but i'm not sure how crowded that site will be and if we can share sites etc.? Also, going by previous experience i'm not sure that an early start on Saturday will be conducive to a late night of drinking at the rally!:photog:lol3

So, one of the group (Bscid) has offered an alternative option for the Friday night and i share it here as an alternative option, please share your thoughts!:

I talked to the campground owner (Fox Fire Campground) here and I can offer a camping option. Normally it is one tent per site here so 10 tents equals 10 sites, or at least 10 individual charges. He is willing to do 3 tents to a site and as a group we could then get by with just 3 sites, me staying in my RV for the night. $29 + tax per site for primitive or $42 with water and electric. Nice and clean showers and bathrooms. If someone needs a CPAP hookup (elec) they could pitch a tent on my site as well. I do need a cpap/elec but carry a gel battery that is good for one night, maybe two. I could put the reservations in my name and given it is a Friday night, might wanna do it sooner than later.
    Just an option. This place is 14.7 miles from Camp Holiday in Boulder Junction.

I guess we can also have a mixture of the 2 with a pre-arranged time and location to meet on the Saturday morning but that feels like a plan for failure right from the get-go so i'd rather avoid that if possible.

Lastly (for now) i am confident that while we will not require any trail passes for the MI portion of the trip please make sure that you do have a WI. OHV sticker because we may well have an excursion or two at some point on the ride.

Questions/comments and confirmations welcome!

Cheers, MK.
    OU812 likes this.
  18. cyrider

cyrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am planning on being there. 95% sure I will be in attendance unless something unforseen comes up. My self, I would prefer doing the fox fire campground Friday night. I think the rally thing adds an extra fold and with trying to organize 10-12 people already it might not go so smooth.
    MarshkevUK and OU812 like this.
  19. Derrick-hh

Derrick-hh Spaceman

Oddometer:
    I think I'm going to opt out, instead heading down to CADVR. I'd love it if there's some crossover, I was really looking forward to this ride, but I missed CADVR last year so I'm prioritizing it this year. Sorry!
    MarshkevUK likes this.
  20. Doctor Zed

Doctor Zed Resident

Oddometer:
    Has anyone seen or heard ANY Cadvr talk yet this year?
    I haven't:dunno