The Honda Aero 125 Thread

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by RedArrow, Nov 14, 2013.

1. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I Really don't see anything wrong . No difference between your building and a Gazebo. Call it a Gazebo not a deck. cms
  2. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    The problem is, in most cities and towns, you need to get a permit to construct a building. In my city, it depends on whether that building is actually anchored to a concrete slab. My house had a back patio with a solid wood cover over it. Very substantial, with 4x4 uprights, 2x6 joists, and a real roof. Basically a room without walls. I built a storage shed out of it by installing walls, including 2x4 base plates. But I did not attach anything to the concrete. Everything I built was only attached to existing upright parts of the existing structure. I did not put one single fastener into the concrete slab or ground. That legally makes it a temporary structure, and exempt from a permit. At some point, hopefully many years from now, the entire structure, including the existing patio cover will be demolished, and replaced with an aluminum mobile home type awning, just to make it look better. It's in the back, and the neighbors on both sides have changed since I built it, so nobody knows anything about it or where it came from. Red, I don't know how much room you have, but you might want to consider a regular storage shed. They are not considered permanent structures, and do not require anyones approval, unless you are unfortunate enough to live in an HOA. They won't even let you change the style of your front doorknob.

Red, how did you like Portland? I just spent 2 weeks up there, and it was not much fun, other than the visit with my sister and brother in law. It was hot, and bright and sunny the whole time. One day it started raining, and it looked dark farther north. So I jumped in the car and headed for Washington. It rained about half an hour, then cleared up. The weather is not what it used to be. And the loggers and developers are destroying the area. I did get a chance to drive up to Astoria, it is still beautiful up there.
  3. sculpt

sculpt n00b

Oddometer:
  4. scootrboi

scootrboi Long timer

Oddometer:
    I decided to take the cylinder head apart on the basket case CT90. I lapped the valves enough to remove the crud after scotchbriting the other surfaces. I put it together without testing for leaks, and this time the exhaust valve leaked. So this morning I took it apart- I had assembled the valve seal cap wrong. Trouble is, I still can't figure out how it goes together. Only the exhaust valve has a seal. How do these parts go together? They don't seem to fit inside the head behind the valve no matter what I do. The cavity is odd shaped. IMG_1686.JPG IMG_1687.JPG
  5. sculpt

sculpt n00b

Oddometer:
    Babbitt online has an exploded view for a 1977 C90. Perhaps that will help you.
  6. scootrboi

scootrboi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got it figured out. I have never worked on a head with a rubber seal, so I didn't even know where it went. I was putting it under the valve, when it goes on the top of the valve guide. Everything makes sense now. Heinkels don't have seals.
    Wentwest likes this.
  7. RedArrow

RedArrow With scootrboi

Oddometer:
    Hi CMS ~ It is still quiet, no word from the inspector. This could take awhile it is Arizona. If this happened in SF there would be a fine, a threatening letter and a bulldozer. The inspector will probably come by when he is in the neighborhood and talk to us about what the City has decided. It is very personal here.
    ~ Red
  8. RedArrow

RedArrow With scootrboi

Oddometer:
    Yesterday the 71 Ct that scootrboi has been working on, sprang to life. Such a great sound VAAARRROOOM!
    ~ Red
    Wentwest, klaviator and Dan V. like this.
  9. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    That first noisy, stinky sign of life! The spiders run out, the exhaust pipe smokes where the dirt cooks off, and you wait anxiously for it to throw a rod. I love that moment.
    Chillis likes this.
  10. RedArrow

RedArrow With scootrboi

Oddometer:
    It's the best sound in the world, besides the first cry from your baby. Yesterday the big brown delivery truck brought the 71's new tires! She should be on the dirt roads soon.
    ~ Red
    klaviator and Fiftygrit like this.
  11. bmwloco

bmwloco Long timer

Oddometer:
    "Bisbee '17" is on PBS tonight; 10pm EST.
  12. bmwloco

bmwloco Long timer

Oddometer:
    Holy moses... watched about an hour of "Bisbee '17" and had to turn it off. I could feel the bile rising. Mans inhumanity to Man on full display.
  13. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    Yeah, another repulsive chapter in American history we conveniently forgot.
    bmwloco likes this.
  14. RedArrow

RedArrow With scootrboi

Oddometer:
    Wow we must all be on the same wave length, I have Bisbee 17 from the Library I will check it out tonight.
    ~ Red
  15. RedArrow

RedArrow With scootrboi

Oddometer:
    This is a great Neon Arizona landmark
    rt 80 3.jpg
    ~ Red
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  16. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    that isn't exclusive to American history, man have been exploiting man since before man
  17. JerryH

Oddometer:
    Some people will do anything when money is involved.
    bmwloco likes this.
  18. sculpt

sculpt n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone in need of an air filter for their Aero 125? I purchased one from this chap in Greece for my NH80 a few months ago at just $5.80 including shipping. It was very nicely crafted and took only a couple of weeks to arrive at my home in Cincinnati. The 80 and 125 use the same filter. I plan on ordering another from him for my 125.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/283161795094
  19. bmwloco

bmwloco Long timer

Oddometer:
    Put my Audi TT Quattro Coupe AWD up for sale; just not using it. I spend more time on the scooter and motorcycles.

And, the TT is not a good "dog hauler". So, when it does plans are NOT to buy an SUV, but... a Lincoln Town Car or Mercury Marquis; prices are silly cheap, and it's the last "body on frame" designed car in America. I think they sit on F150 truck frames. 5 star safety ratings all around too. Why spend silly money on an Audi A8 or BMW 7 Series luxury saloon when I can buy a Lincoln or Mercury for a dime on the dollar? And no question, old American iron is cheaper to keep than euro cars.
  20. JerryH

Oddometer:
    I still have my 1964 Fairlane and 1972 Pinto woodgrain wagon. I rarely ever use them either, especially in the summer. But then scooters are pretty useless in the summer here too. I bought them just to work on and tinker with. I bought the Fairlane first, then found the Pinto and just had to have it. During the summer I take them out at night about every 2 weeks just for some exercise, so they don't deteriorate. While they no longer really serve the purpose I bought them for, I can't see ever selling them. They are very cheap to keep. And to me they are what cars should be. Carburetors, Fairlane has a generator, points and condenser ignition, absolutely no electronics or emissions crap on them, The Pinto has seat belts, otherwise neither have any kind of safety devices. They are front engine rear wheel drive. To me they are REAL cars. And they are a blast to drive when the weather is right. The aren't hurting anything just sitting there. Just owning them makes me feel good.

I also have an '06 Grand Marquis, and may drive one of these things for the rest of my life. It does have electronics, but they seem pretty basic and reliable. The engines are known to go past 300,000 miles, and it is cheaper to replace an engine than buy another car that you don't know what may be wrong with. They still have the important stuff. V8 engine, rear wheel drive, solid rear axle, body on frame construction, they are big, they are comfortable, well suited to long distance trips, especially for someone who has to deal with a lot of pain. They ride like floating on a cloud. They are also tough, built more like a truck than a modern car. And they have a vintage style dash, with no center stack, and no infotainment center. Mine even has a cassette player.