The Honda Aero 125 Thread

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by RedArrow, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Dan V.

Dan V. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :( RIP
    CMS and Wentwest like this.
  2. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thoughts and prayers for the family , Trash Can will be missed, I followed him here on the blog . He enjoyed the small cc bikes,as I do and I envied him living so close to the Smokies and riding there all the time. I didn't get a chance to meet him, and I'm sorry I didn't. This is a sad day.
    klaviator likes this.
  3. Dan V.

Dan V. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was wondering if Jerry H went to banned camp again? Sure would be nice to hear from Red and Scooterboi, too.
  4. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am concerned about all of them. Jerry made a few posts on Oct 5th and then nothing. None of his posts said anything about going on a trip. It doesn't say banned on his profile.

Red last posted in August but apparently logged in on wednesday.

No activity from scooterboi for a long time.

This is not like any of them. :scratch
  5. minimac

minimac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about Trash Can. That's the first I heard of his accident.
    Rusty J, CMS and klaviator like this.
  6. Squar

Squar Jim

Oddometer:
    OMG This is a real tragedy, such sad, sad news, God rest them, I too hope Red and Scooterboi are ok and wish them well,

Yesterday I went to the bathroom to weigh myself - as I’ve done daily for the last 4 weeks, as I dismounted the scale I came over dizzy, fell to the carpeted floor on my nose causing much blood and profuse sweating,
    I couldnt move for twenty minutes then painfully and very slowly crawled to my bed where dear lady wife assisted me back in.

In my early days after joining the thread Trashcan was a great help to me with his guidance, Jerry and I had many interesting conversations, he will be very sadly missed...- this is too much to bear!

Jim
    BandBGuy, Rusty J, CMS and 1 other person like this.
  7. HelloPitty

HelloPitty Motorbike Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    I just heard from JerryH today. He contacted me on another forum we both belong to to let me know about his log-in issue he's having here on ADV.
    He said he is unable to log in, the site doesn't recognize his username and/or password, but he is not banned. He's tried to reset his password, but having no luck.
    I am trying to help him. But if anyone knows who I should contact to help, please let me know.
    I did a "contact us" request just now.
    Rusty J likes this.
  8. klaviator

Oddometer:
    That's good to hear. This issue can be fixed.

Do you have any idea why Red and Scooterboi haven't been around?
  9. HelloPitty

HelloPitty Motorbike Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    No, I'm sorry I don't know.
  10. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about your health problems. Falling over in your own bathroom and not being able to call for help sounds just awful. I hope you recover quickly from this setback.
    BandBGuy and gasandasphalt like this.
  11. Squar

Squar Jim

Oddometer:
    Bob, It wasn’t just awful - it was terrifying, dear wife couldn’t lift but just try to assist me, my legs were trapped underneath me, it almost happened next day but just got to the bed in time and collapsed.
    I’m now looking to buy a air lifting aid in case it should happen again.
    HP’s news is a miracle.

Jim
  12. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    I heard from Red and Scooterboi. They are OK, busy with all sorts of things, and taking a vacation from social media for a while. Not to worry.

All I keep thinking is don't forget to remind yourself, every time you zoom away from the house, that this riding is a glorious thing. Enjoy every minute.
    Rusty J, JerryH, Dan V. and 3 others like this.
  13. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent
  14. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes I am back. A BIG thanks to HelloPitty. I really appreciate it. I am greatly saddened to hear about Trash Can. My condolences to his family. It could happen to any one of us every time we get on a bike.

I tried to contact Red and Scootrboi by personal email, but have not heard back from them.
    CMS, Rusty J, The Virginian and 3 others like this.
  15. Squar

Squar Jim

Oddometer:
    Welcome back Jerry:clap And get well ASAP .....:y0!

Jim
    Rusty J and klaviator like this.
  16. JerryH

Oddometer:
    Thank you. But it looks like I am not going to get well, not that I have been well for the past several years. Back when I was 20, I had my L5 disc removed. They said it was actually broken, reason unknown. I was not in an accident. Now there is a problem with L4. It is not broken, and I was told I would likely have problems with it the rest of my life. They don't want to remove 2 of them right next to each other. It is putting pressure on the sciatic nerve, but apparently there is no likelihood of damage to the nerve like there was 40 years ago, it just causes pain, which I will have to live with. The good news is I can ride a scooter again. It just depends on how much pain I can handle. They did say that hitting that pothole didn't cause it, just made it worse enough to make it hurt more. There is some possibility it may get better, especially if I avoid hard impacts.
  17. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good news ,glad they are ok , still miss them posting. cms
    klaviator likes this.
  18. JerryH

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear, I was beginning to get a bit worried.
  19. Squar

Squar Jim

Oddometer:
    It is of course rather unusual for a young lady, as Red was at the beginning of this thread, to start such and run it for so long that she has established herself as the Figurehead of the Aero 125 movement that we all have come to respect and love.

WELL DONE RED, I feel sure that whatever you apply yourself to will be met with similar success.
    But Oh Boy would it be good to hear from you again.

Poor health has taken a further toll causing me to leave my bikes and scoots in the background safely locked up in the garage. I’m beginning to figure that having just turned 82 it may be time to consider selling my stock of bikes may well be a wise move. No one likes to face the enivitability of one’s demise but now at least my seat by the eternal fire is paid for and assured without further expense.

Two days ago I was again wheeled off to hospital with some kind of bug that caused my body to shiver all over accompanied by a pain in my jaw that extended right up to both ear drums causing difficulty in breathing. Pain subdued after pain killer drugs were applied and while under observation my drugs were amended with the intention of raising my low blood pressure. After two days in hospital I returned home last evening - albeit still feeling somewhat shattered.

Perhaps the fall is not the best time to be riding, or there may be other reasons but (our) thread has quietened off ....
    C’mon guys and galls - give a little help by contributing to our thread to show RED that her work has not been in vein......

Jim
    CMS, Rusty J and klaviator like this.
  20. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about your health issues Jim. I hope you get better.

As for this thread, I agree, it should be kept going. It is not just about the Aero 125 scooter. This has been a place where people came for all kinds of conversations. I haven't always been real active here but I have regularly checked in to see what was going on here. Like you I hope Red and Scooterboi find their way back here.
    CMS, Squar, Rusty J and 1 other person like this.