The Honda CB500X Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by GsVs, May 2, 2014.

1. Bat7

Bat7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fall ride in Letchworth State Park, NY.
    IMG_20201108_132307957.jpg
    Mick
    Bors, Herman1, KennyV and 4 others like this.
  2. Ryttare707

Ryttare707 Renegade Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you.
    Hannda likes this.
  3. flexfoot

flexfoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    01F34490-E7C8-4A72-8396-C930C0BDDD4E.jpeg
    Bors, Hannda and KennyV like this.
  4. drklynoon

drklynoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just picked up a @014 CB500x. I got home about 10 minutes ago and couldn't be happier.
    First CB.jpg
    AbbysDaddy, Ryttare707, Bors and 5 others like this.
  5. Johnnyfever

Johnnyfever Constant amatuer

Oddometer:
    Looks like you have the rally raid wheels. Is the suspension the rally raid kit?
  6. drklynoon

drklynoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes sir it is. I got really lucky and jumped on the opportunity as soon as I saw it. There are a few little changes I want to make but by and large this is exact bike
    I've been wanting.
    Cruz and Hannda like this.
  7. Johnnyfever

Oddometer:
    Mine came loaded as well, for cheap. I added a bunch of things though, mostly protection and comfort. Auxilliary lights, heated grips, taller windscreen, gps stuff and auxilliary powers, also painted it. Mine is a 14 as well, and I wasn't a fan of the white. Went with black metallic on the tank, and a charcoal metallic on the fairings. Still have to add the 4d carbon fiber accents and a couple decals.
    Hannda and drklynoon like this.
  8. drklynoon

drklynoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That sounds pretty rad. This thing is decked out. I'd like a more substantial hand guards, maybe a center stand, heated grips, and some Mosko Luggage but that's really about all I can think of that I want to change. OHHHHHH I almost forgot, I want to find some Hafrica Twin I love the white for down here in Southern Georgia, I can leave the bike outside for an hour and it won't scald me.
    20201118_110112.jpg 20201118_104401.jpg
    Bors, richard310, Hannda and 6 others like this.
  9. drklynoon

drklynoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. richard310

richard310 Meat Popsicle

Oddometer:
  11. drklynoon

drklynoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hannda and richard310 like this.
  12. msauntry

msauntry n00b

Oddometer:
    Curious... I'm seeing a rearview camera above the taillight. Tell me about that setup. For heavy traffic or keeping tabs on riding partners? Is that two smartphones and a radio? Looks like the crashbars did their job. Hold up without bending?
  13. richard310

richard310 Meat Popsicle

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I've also got RallyRaid kit amd wheels coming in next month so it'll look and perform even better.

Rear and forward (on the beak) cameras are part of the BlueSkySea "dashcam" system on Amazon. I have it installed for daily commuting, in conjunction with a helmet mounted GoPro. I haven't used it offroad yet but I'd assume it would be quite a bumpy video. Waterproof and easy to use, and with 256gb card, will record a lot of hours. The blue trimmed display on my nav-bar is the control display for the dashcam and turns on whenever the bike is on. Good insurance to have when dealing with LA traffic everyday.

The other unit above the dashcam is an old Kyocera Brigadier phone that I use as a dedicated GPS since it has a standalone GPS antenna. I can still use it with the appropriate apps whenever I'm off grid.

The radio is a Kenwood 2M HAM that I have wired up to a Sena SR10 Bluetooth radio adapter, which is also mounted on the nav bar below the GPS. This is bluetoothed into my helmet's Cardo Solo comm system. The Sena has a wired PTT button that I have attached to my clutch lever. Overall it works decently well but there are some issues I'm finding with it.

I've got the Givi crashbars along with the RRP skid plate. The crash bars saved my plastics after a few hard crashes (even my oem screen got scraped up). There are some scrapes on the fairings, but no cracked or broken pieces. The scraped up bars held up with no bends. The skid plate took a ton of damage though. The side support tubes are dinged and slightly bent, and the bottom skid itself took some serious hits but saved the bottom end. Both are worth their weight if you venture off-road IMO.
    ishmac, ag_streak and Hannda like this.
  14. fastnlight

fastnlight Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    ag_streak likes this.
  15. drklynoon

drklynoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    KennyV likes this.
  16. drklynoon

drklynoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I added a little flair today. 20201130_155455.jpg
  17. Johnnyfever

Oddometer:
    I got my "africa twin 500x" sticker a while ago, but still deciding on how I want to go about doing the "h". I like yours, turned out well. I have some time to decide though as I still have to paint the tank and fairings before I sticker it. Been knee deep in a ktm 300 xc-w rebuild, but almost done. Cb500 paint comes after that.
    drklynoon likes this.
  18. drklynoon

drklynoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I look forward to seeing it when it's done. I'm going to do a bit more to mine but I'm not 100% sure what.
  19. Lee Dodge

Lee Dodge Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What windshield is that? I like the looks of it. How is it for noise and turbulence?
  20. Johnnyfever

Oddometer:
    I'm doing some carbon fiber rally striping following the main curve contour of the fairing. I think that will be it though, keep it clean
    drklynoon likes this.