The Honda CB500X Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by GsVs, May 2, 2014.

1. Bigshot

Bigshot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    I spent the day in the garage yesterday refreshing Lisa's 2013 model...

[​IMG]

Those of you who have followed the Rally-Raid thread may recall that this is actually the bike that started it all - Lisa bought this new-old stock 2013 model (originally black of course) in 2014, and after I'd ridden it a good few miles here in the US, went back to the UK where John and I started working on what would be come the 'adventure' conversion kit for these bikes.

Lisa bought this new-old stock 2013 model (originally black of course) in 2014, and after I'd ridden it a good few miles here in the US, went back to the UK where John and I started working on what would be come the 'adventure' conversion kit for these bikes.

This bike already had the Rally-Raid LEVEL 1 (standard travel) suspension, foot-pegs and engine guard fitted, plus more recently the Scorpion exhaust - and Lisa has also fitted some saddle style bar risers (still with the OEM bars), the Tall Honda Accessory screen, heated grips and BarkBuster S5 hand-guards (the single point, bar-end mounting version) with Storm shields.

It's currently wearing it's stock wheels and commuter tyres, but she also has a second set (my original cast wheels) with some TKC80's fitted for more off-road orientated riding.

The refresh included a complete service/fluid change here at home, plus I took it into the dealer to get the valves checked/adjusted... turns out that even after 36,000 miles they were still well within spec (that was an expensive confirmation!)

Having had the front fairing off the bike for that task, we decided to fit my original 2014 white tank and side panels (in Heritage colours, and complete with Rubicon scratches ;o), and also remove the smog canister (ahem) before putting everything back together.

We've got a multi-day trip planned through northern California and into Oregon planned for later this summer, so stand by for some more photos then!

Jenny x
  3. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    Today on my work commute to home, me and my 500x fell victim of a careless taxi driver. I've done a 10/10 point salto over the car, landing on my feet. Currently waiting for an Xray to prove to the docs that I'm fine and I can go home.
    Front forks, front fender and right side footpeg are gone, beak plastics and the upper side panels are cracked, but still serving.
    Take care you all.

Attached Files:

MFS, Chillis, Herman1 and 3 others like this.
  4. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    Good to hear you are fine and elementary school gymnastics training useful. Hope X-Rays turn out negative. Take care...
  5. racer

racer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you are okay, but it hurts me to see your bike down. Racer
  6. Bigshot

Bigshot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to hear you’re OK. I’ll have to remember that evasive move in that situation.
  7. MNimum

MNimum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bummer! But glad to hear you're doing well. And the pics seem to do a good job of suggesting why things went wrong for the authorities, insurance claims(?), etc.

Best of luck with all the crap you'll have to be dealing with over the next few weeks.
  8. Singlespeed92

Singlespeed92 Full time rider

Oddometer:
    Wow, glad you're ok, brother, hope all goes well with everything :eek:
  9. Christian7

Christian7 Christian from France

Oddometer:
    After four Honda Transalp 600 (fantastic machine!), I got a Honda CB 500 X and the result is very good after 7000 km (mainly on mountains roads) with this bike. Easy to ride, confortable, low power consumption (about 3 liters/100), it will be a good bike to go on travelling.

merzouga.jpg

moto_dune_1024x768.jpg

desert_blanc4_1024x768.jpg

HondaCB500X21052019 024.JPG

Danse22062019 054.JPG

HondaCB500X29062019 074.JPG

HondaCB500X29062019 051.JPG

Attached Files:

Bors, manx16, boardforever and 9 others like this.
  10. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    I did the same.
    _20180404_231327.JPG

image.jpeg
    Bors likes this.
  11. Tassietoyuki

Tassietoyuki n00b

Oddometer:
    And here I am keeping my eyes out for a Transalp 600 to complement my CB500X.
  12. Wind_Rider

Wind_Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also had a Transalp years ago... great bike.
  13. AwDang

AwDang Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats better

FA3CBAEE-FEE1-401A-BB7A-DDE54F8A16F5.jpeg

Ride red people!
  14. danceswithcages

danceswithcages Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I picked up this '15 last fall to replace my beloved DR.
    Been kinda back and forth on the RR upgrade... I'm ok with adding the suspension but not sure I really need wire wheels.
    And as I don't like the bags so far to the rear I'm gonna pick up a GL Coyote.

Attached Files:

wncstrada likes this.
  15. wncstrada

wncstrada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Danceswithcages, what racks are you using with those Wolfman bags and how well do the bags match up with the racks? I'm hoping to transition from a DR to the Honda and I hope to use my Wolfman bags on the new bike. Thanks!
  16. danceswithcages

danceswithcages Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are GIVI racks I bought used from an inmate. They are strong enough to haul a good load, and the Wolfman bags attach easily and are very secure.
    I just don't like how far the bags sit behind the rear axle. If I had any fab skilz I'd rework the racks to sit more forward. Hence the reason I'm going Giant Loop.
    wncstrada likes this.
  17. ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne I got my wings back. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Touring 2 up in Guatmela for a couple of weeks. So far so good. IMG_20190706_132018.jpg
    Bors, khemist, jconli1 and 9 others like this.
  18. maddoggie501

maddoggie501 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_0298.jpg

The 2019 on it's first Off Road Adventure!
  19. Jeffo

Jeffo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    DSC00136.JPG
    Bors and Singlespeed92 like this.
  20. OneAUout

OneAUout Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I too have Givi racks and yellow Wolfman bags. And a GL Coyote is in the mail to me this week. I find the Givi racks great for my Zega hard cases and a stable base for the Wolfmans to be strapped to. The trick to not having the weight so far back is you don't have to strap them on to match the shape of rack. Slide the bags forward So the front vertical of the rack is actualy near the middle of the Wolfman.

However, my Yoshimura pipe angles up higher than a Sorpion so the Wolfman on the right is always at risk of melting. (Makes the right side Zega case perfect for 'drying' things). But I worry about the Wolfman when I'm riding, so am moving to the Coyote.
    wncstrada likes this.