The Honda sh150i

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by scorch, Nov 7, 2017.

1. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    After riding a honda elite 110, i thought life couldnt get any better. But a friend of mine let me take his honda sh150i for a spin and now im wanting one. Both bikes are great, the 110 is slower but has alot of storage underneath the seat. The 150i has basically a pouch underneath to make room for its large wheels. Both great bikes, but the elite 110 is definatly a better city bike and much more agile with its small wheels.

2. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had both concurrently for a year and decided to keep the Elite and sell the SH, just a superior urban ride.

At 300# the SH is not much lighter or much smaller then my CB300 and not much more practical either. Slightly more carrying capacity, better wind protection, but less speed and of course the ease of an automatic, but the CB is much funner.
  3. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    That's an interesting take too. I do think i prefer the elite 110 over the 150. I think the underseat storage is great.
  4. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    have to say sh150i was nice for the 45 days I had it before it was stolen but the elite 110 I sat on would have done much the same job with better gas mileage.
    scorch likes this.
  5. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    One scooter I would like to try out is this one
    [​IMG]
    Ebson and CMS like this.
  6. Dirt Dud

Dirt Dud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2010 SH150 with around 3k miles on it and a top box that is just sitting since I bought my 2016 BV350 and my 2016 MP3 if you want one it is yours for 2 k .
  7. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Nah, but ill test ride it. id love to do a video review of it :)
  8. Travlore

Travlore Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice review of the Honda SH150i. I have driving a Kymco Like 200i and now the Honda SH150i, and find the Kymco a great bike for around town and the Honda a perfect all around scooter, in town and out (highway and dirt roads) P1110172 resize.JPG . I made a 1420 km road trip and the Honda's overall performance and comfort was amazing, and perfect for me at my 5foot 11inch height. I have a top box which gives ample space for larger items and like you said, the flat area near your feet is great for an extra bag.
    Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLw5NOBhuPhPMaZBTSXY0-w/videos?view_as=public&disable_polymer=1
    scorch likes this.
  9. EWCMR2

EWCMR2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    37BCE044-691C-4F4D-BF63-9EDC85DA83AA.jpeg II didn’t see a “SH150i mega” thread so I’ll call this one it.

This spring my wife & I decided to get street legal (freeway too) scooters/pit bike. I found 2015 Yamaha SMax with 12k for $2100. Wife dumped it in cul-de-sac, didn’t like it, and searched for a Honda (like she had in college).
    She found a 2010 Sh150i with 45k for $2300 internet price at a dealer.
    At Del Amo Motorsports Internet price is about 1/2 of what the paperwork says when you get there! Long story short : wife loved it, against my “what are you crazy, it’s got 45,000 miles on it!” better judgement we bought it for close to the Internet price.
    She did her 8 mile commute with the Sh150i and it developed a coolant leak or three. It then spewed coolant out the cap in to overflow. Replaced radiator cap which didn’t change problem. Leak down test showed cylinder to water jacket leak even with no exhaust steam/smoke.
    I’m a fan of do it once/while your in there, so I ordered head gasket, piston assembly, and seal kit. Piston/cylinder wear were much much less than I expected. So little that if I didn’t already have the piston I would have just replaced the rings.
    Now that I’ve opened it up and seen the internals I’m happier with purchase.
  10. lazyguy

lazyguy Lawrence of Schnecksvilla

Oddometer:
    While your at it i'd replace the mechanical seal on the water pump shaft as well as the shaft
  11. EWCMR2

EWCMR2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Water pump wasn’t weeping even with elevated coolant pressures so I didn’t mess with it. Looks easy enough to get to so hopefully not doing it wasn’t a mistake...
  12. lazyguy

Oddometer:
    How about a pic when you get it back on the road. IMG_9304.JPG
    The Virginian likes this.
  13. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    there used to be SH150i thread but it die due to how rare these beast are. If I was you I hop on ebay.it and order the OEM tall windshield along with the OEM hand guards . They make a pair of plastic hand guards that snap right in place . A few year ago it cost me about 100 bucks to get both including shipping from Europe. The front European turn signals also are better . Looks like the above sh 150 has them in it.
    They look better I think then the standard us turn signals. They pop right in where the silver cover are . As to the engine there s no reason why it shouldn't do 100 K plus if you take care of it .
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. lazyguy

Oddometer:
    Hey full metal, Yea I got a Givi shield which I cut 3" off that works well, and the hand guards which I'm not really using cause the shield has them built in. I have two of these fine machines and I used to keep a shield on one and the shorty on the other but now I have too many bikes (7) so I took my black SH off the road @ 24,300 miles and put it in storage. Now I just switch shields when it gets cooler.
    I really like these bikes and I got 18,300 miles on the red one now which I took on a couple trips down the Blue Ridge Parkway, perfect on a scoot like this. I'm planning on keeping both as this has to be one of the best bang for your buck you can get at 70+ mph and 80-90 mpg.
    It's a shame yours got stolen a while back, thats one of the reasons I'm keeping both in case something happens to one i'll still have another. Oh and I did put the european "winkers" on both they do look much better. IMGP0130.JPG IMG_1696.JPG IMGP0082.JPG
  15. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    Yep it's a shame since I spent part of what I go from my mother eastate on it . As The year go by I assuming that ether it got parted out or dumped in the bush. I think if I hadn't stop someone stealing a truck the week before they would not have taken it . I also thought that 400 bucks for after market theft insurance at the time was far to much $$$ . ICBC want 600.00. I even looked at the odds of a bike being stolen in BC canada and thought nah it s not going to happen to me . Even if it does the odds are it well turn up again. The real pet peeve I have is agaist the surrey bc rcmp . I ve point out again and again one guy whom sold around 100 scooter without reg , paper work etc on clist and they ve never done shit about him. He told me when I look at a 2010 vespa that he had over 120 in storage at that point . At that point the vespa was 3 year old. 2 day latter text me he found the paper work and sold it for more cash. Funny thing is he has it clist for another 2 months.
  16. EWCMR2

EWCMR2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    4968F083-EE28-4C8D-B8DC-75ACB749B17E.jpeg

I was doing repair so wife could ride her Sh on our recent trip, home now.
    I put about 20 miles on it before we left without issue. Scoot didn’t miss a beat for a couple hundred mikes while on vacation.
    New piston/rings, head gasket, and valve adjustment did the bike good - it’s now faster than my Smax. Even with an extra 90lbs the Smax used to win the stoplight gran prix, now the Sh gets off the line better and stays out front (up to the speed limit)

Attached Files:

Tromper likes this.
  17. EWCMR2

EWCMR2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now with Honda topbox. With a little locksmith work I managed to get it keyed alike to the ignition key.

1590B971-40D7-4B4B-B19D-DD95C7A9F167.jpeg
    lazyguy likes this.