The Husaberg 70º FE Adventure Traveler Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Lost Roadie, Apr 18, 2012.

1. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Lucky and smart bugger. I hope the new owner reveals themselves. Awesome.
  2. tom lurge

tom lurge What could possibly go wrong!

Oddometer:
    This is kinda sad, indeed. Way before I realized that is was a Berg on those beautiful pictures and that you were the guy who took them I had pictures from you as wallpapers on my notebook, the Berg from behind in front of a water crossing being my all time favorite!

That said, here's the question: did your windshield ever give you the impression that it might want to leave you? Isn't the drag from behind a bit too much for those nimble OEM rubber strings that fix the upper windshield mount to the fork (assuming you did some intermittent highway miles at speeds above 50 mph)? I had a similiar design in mind but then developed second thoughts :-/
    mikejana likes this.
  3. SRG

SRG Long timer

Oddometer:
    1B7AC31A-0302-4706-8E5D-B8EB94E0F7D2.jpeg 123C4C4A-5D90-4369-A14A-2874B86D02D3.jpeg

This one has been on my bike for years and stayed put although it does move around some. It sees 70+mph every time I ride it.
    mikejana likes this.
  4. buildyourown

buildyourown n00b

Oddometer:
    What are you guys doing for oil change intervals on longer rides?
    Planning the "Tour of Idaho" next summer and debating on which bike to take. Its either my FE570 or my 300 2T. The 300 is newer so getting a 4 gallon tank is easier/cheaper and I dont have to worry about oil changes.

90% sure the FE will be more comfortable though. With the exception of the very technical bits, it would be the better bike.
    My big hangup about pushing the oil change interval is the cam and rockers were ruined when I bought the bike from being starved of oil. Clutch fibers in the screen.

Ride is 9 days, 1600 miles. There is an easy oil change 500miles in.
    BDG likes this.
  5. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    What’s the majority of the 1600 miles. I’d say the 570 will be fine with 1k miles on the oil. I almost had the same thing happen to my 570. A bunch of blue gasket maker from clutch cover got on the screen. Luckily I was doing routine maintenance and fix it. My 300 is my favorite bike and what I’d take if it’s mostly trail. Northern Idaho looks like an amazing place to ride and on my bucket list. Watch some vids of the Stix & Stones enduro and then decide which bike to take.
  6. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie Rider Supporter

Oddometer:

If you look back at my posts in this thread you'll find the oil analysis from Blackstone Labs at various long milage and the numbers support over 2k miles on oil is fine for mixed riding like the TOI.
    I rode my 570 from SoCal to the start of the TOI, changed the oil, put on fresh rubber, completed the TOI solo in 7 days including the extra challenges with camping gear and no hotels while on the trail. Then jumped on the Washington back country discovery route for another 300 miles, changed the oil and wandered back to SoCal.
    Motorex oil, Scott's reusable metal screen oil filter.

I think the 570 is a great bike for the TOI or Ridaho and if it's healthy there's no worries about needing to change the oil on the trail.

Glad to see the Berg' Adventure Traveler thread is still going and you folks carrying on the Husaberg torch, I sure do miss my 570.

From my TOI ride:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DCrider, mikejana, AbeWhat and 7 others like this.
  7. buildyourown

buildyourown n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a source for the Force bash plate with the fuel/water tank?

Or the toolbox. Id be interested in either but carrying enough fuel is the biggest concern.
    mikejana likes this.
  8. floyd_of_oz

floyd_of_oz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    G'day all,

Proud to be a new member to the berg adv club.

My shed is currently graced by a 2009 and a 2012 570. The first and the last.

If i were to pick and choose the best bits from each (the bits that differ between them, such as forks and triples) to build a adv bike - which bits from which would you choose?