The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. _Harry_

_Harry_ Redneck Emeritus Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am a fan of the UTG bipods. They are forged from pure Chinesium but they are less expensive than a Harris and very sturdy. Fit and finish has been excellent IME.

I can't see spending 1/4 the cost of a budget rifle+scope on an expensive bipod, YMMV
    scottcolbath likes this.
  2. MNdirt

MNdirt less than 1% juice

Oddometer:
    I had a stainless in 44 mag. Really liked it with specials, but that damn trigger guard could sure bite with full house loads.
  3. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I need to back up here and let you guys know something.

I fucked up. I thought I was ordering the gun from Sportsmans Warehouse (www.sportsmans.com). I completely missed that it was coming from https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com. Do not shop at this other place. I had not yet received any notice that the gun had been shipped, and last week, I erroneously called Sportsmans Warehouse. They had no idea what I was talking about. I went back and looked at my email confirmation of the sale, and only then did I notice it was this other place. I emailed them last week, asking for an update and got no response. I called them this morning and they gave me some runaround about they are so busy they haven't shipped it yet. The hair went up on the back of my neck. I hung up and went to my favorite place to check up on online retailers.........www.resellerratings.com. For the most part, they are a good place to look at when considering a new online store you haven't used before. Only this time, I didn't notice my mistake, and didn't bother.

So, take a look at the reviews from this place.

https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sportsmans_Outdoor_Superstore

I'm willing to bet most of the positive reviews are shills.

I called my credit card company and told them about the purchase, which BTW, they charged my account the moment I clicked the button, rather than waiting until the gun shipped. I told them I was cancelling the order and that there may be a little bullshit heading their way. We'll see what happens. I called sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore and cancelled the order. They said it can take anywhere from 5-7 business days. Bullshit. I know it can happen in a moment. This isn't 1970.

S.C.
    ER70S-2 and tcs06 like this.
  4. Otis the Sasquatch

Otis the Sasquatch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sticking up for them, but I sometimes have the same problem w/ C.C companies. Read on.

Here's what I've learned;
    If I "Void" a CC sale, it takes that long for it to show on my customers' accounts. But if I "Refund" the sale, it shows next day, after it Batches Out.

THAT problem is caused by the CC Companies. :dirtdog But an informed CC user (like myself & my co-workers :D) knows that little work-around.
    Some companies wont let you do a "Return" unless Stuff leaves the building, then Stuff comes back. That's a problem with the company that does the procedure.

scottcolbath likes this.
  5. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    The good news for me is that I got a receipt from the company, showing they did the cancellation and reversal on my account. So at least they didn't dilly dally on that part.

S.C.
    ER70S-2 likes this.
  6. TALLGUY

TALLGUY Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    PMR 30!!

I adore mine. It is pretty much my only concealed carry. I coupled it with a simply rugged holster. I keep it at around 25 rnds or under because the mags seem to like it.
    Lightweight and flat wearing with lots of rounds to get me out of whatever issue might arise. It is comfortable to wear so I actually carry it and it is easy to shoot accurately.

TG
    WYO George and thebigman like this.
  7. pilot815

pilot815 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've purchased numerous firearms and ammoes from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore and NEVER had an issue. In fact, I prefer them to many online retailers. Their prices are usually spot on. One time there was a delay in shipping due to a black Friday sale. Understandable. Other than that not a problem. Quite a few friends of mine have purchased from them with same results.
    dmason likes this.
  8. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's good to know, and I may test them out in the future.

S.C.
  9. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    This followed me home yesterday. $200.

[​IMG]

S.C.
    FatChance, _Harry_, mikegc and 3 others like this.
  10. Hatch

Hatch It's a bit loud, mmhmm

Oddometer:
    For an honest answer, if only 1 gun - a revolver. Take your pick, something name brand (I'm partial to older Smiths), pick your caliber (probably in the 30 cal range), and practice.
    A shotgun will do everything else, but it's hard to conceal, hard to carry, doesn't fit in the glovebox, etc.
    Common knowledge is always .22 for the end all be all, but the only problem there is if you're trying to stop someone from taking it from you. Ymmv
  11. Noone

Noone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sitting at a Cross Roads lookin' for a sign
    Not a problem. Use more bullets.

I can carry 500 rounds of .22 in one hand. I can't carry 500 rounds of anything else in one hand.
    Crash217 and BigIron like this.
  12. BigIron

BigIron Tenured Prof - Leghump U.

Oddometer:
    I subscribe to this theory too.

We were having this discussion a few years ago. Went something like this:

Buddy: Would you rather get shot with a .22 or a .45-70?

Me: Are those my only two choices? I’d rather not get shot all.

And I’ve become a fan of 5.7 under the same theory.
  13. Ge-Mini-gun

Ge-Mini-gun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only one gun…not an easy answer as there is a lot of information left out. However I’ll play along with just one gun…Remington 870…covers about 90% of more of anything one would need a gun to do.
  14. Noone

Noone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Or any shotgun with interchangeable barrels. But, try carrying 500 shells :)
  15. Ge-Mini-gun

Ge-Mini-gun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do it every weekend...they all fit into a 5 gallon bucket
  16. Noone

Noone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, the bucket handle will fit into your hand.

A .22 will even save you from a bear attack.
  17. k-moe

k-moe Long timer

Oddometer:
    So will staying away from the bears.
    kbuckey likes this.
  18. Noone

Noone Long timer

Oddometer:
    You would have to talk to the bears about that. I've never charged a bear in a desire to eat it.
  19. k-moe

k-moe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just give them their space. If we're talking about hunting bear, then that .22 isn't what you should be carrying as your only firearm.
    fastdadio likes this.
  20. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    No, but for bear defense it's great. Just shoot your companion in the leg and stroll away.
    wheelspin63, k-moe, FatChance and 2 others like this.