The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. dmason

dmason goofball

Oddometer:
    888E87B0-05B2-47C1-B5A9-1DD933512D0E.jpeg

Really liking it a lot. Have about 250 rounds through it so far with no malfunctions. One of the two factory magazines was glitchy upon initial use, but after disassembly and lubrication it has been flawless.

Shot it side by side with my M&P22 today and there is just no comparison. The TX22 has a trigger that is light years better. This pistol is a joy to shoot.
    Effendi, OV10 and gatling like this.
  2. nofendertom

nofendertom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I picked up a Henry .22 lever action---love shooting it---never shot .22 shorts before===what a fun time---now looking at a Henry .357 lever---love them levers !
    BOBaloo22, OV10, Hanz and 2 others like this.
  3. Noone

Noone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sitting at a Cross Roads lookin' for a sign
    The Henry .22 pump is even better. You can slam fire that one.
    tony the tiger likes this.
  4. LATJ

LATJ Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    New (to me) gun day... sexy! 20191008_173326.jpg
  5. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome Supporter

Oddometer:

I helped organize a group buy with Windham for our task force a few years ago...2013 I think. We had about 100 guys get in on it, and most bought multiple weapons. Nobody has come back to me and complained about the weapon. About half those guys I'm really close with, and they would certainly give me shit if they had an issue. I bought three myself, one for me, one for dad, and one for the FIL. I've probably put 10k rounds through mine without a single issue. All in all, it offered great quality for the price. Ours were heavily discounted for the military group buy, but even at MSRP it is a solid platform for the price. The little things matter, and fit and finish on Windham is pretty darn good.
  6. LATJ

LATJ Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got my light on it - I carry a G26 daily but would like to get a holster for the CZ with the TLR-1 light on it. Leather or hybrid. I despise kydex holsters, any opinions? 20191011_201052.jpg
    thebigman likes this.
  7. NorthIdaho800gsa

NorthIdaho800gsa Bad influence

Oddometer:
    So I daily some thing similar. I have a cz shadow 2 with a tlr2 on it in a leather holster owb. However, if you want iwb I would look at alien gear.
    Buzztail likes this.
  8. cplus

cplus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For leather, hybrid or Kydex, I’d look at High Noon Holsters. Very well made and they often have 20-25% off sales around major holidays. https://www.highnoonholsters.com/
    LATJ likes this.
  9. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    What can I say it followed me home

1A74CD67-F7CC-4F75-BD0B-754C3DE5CC0E.jpeg

I put 20 through it already with open sights gonna mount a scope tomorrow
    Remington Model Seven laminate in .223 18.5”barrel 1 in 9 twist
    Hatch, 1911fan, monjorrow and 11 others like this.
  10. wheelspin63

wheelspin63 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to go. They were the original Bushie manufacturer and now produce under their own moniker. I have the AK-15 "sight ready carbine". Stone reliable. I had feeding problems with 1 mag, not the one that came with the gun. Fine weapon.
    WARRIORPRINCEJJ likes this.
  11. Backlund

Backlund Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I found this nice old Mossberg 352K a few weeks ago on GunsAmerica. It's been refinished, but it's generally very presentable. I don't know if it functions yet, but will go the range in the next day or two and find out. The magazine isn't the original, weird, 'S,L, LR' affair, only LR's, but hopefully, it works. My older brother had one of these when he was about 12, so there's a nostalgic connection to this 50-60 year old rifle.
    IMG_20191015_211606666.jpg
    Nytebreed, 2twisted and fjer like this.
  12. Backlund

Backlund Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    My Christmas present to myself this year is going to be this absolutely lovely Ruger M77 'Hawkeye' full-stock carbine in .223...
    IMG_20191016_093536539.jpg

I saw it yesterday at the store, thought about it all night, then ran down and plonked a bunch of money on it this morning. About six months ago, I missed out on the same model in .243, and wasn't going to let one get away this time. They also had another in. 243, but I don't hunt, just a casual 'plinker', and figured that the .223 would be more than enough fun for my uses, and it's cheaper to shoot. This is one of those rare guns that I could own (read: afford) just to look at the thing, they're so damn nice. I've always loved the look of euro-styled Mannlicher hunting rifles, and this is about as close to one as I'll ever have (ok, maybe a CZ too). I probably won't scope it, just keep it pure and simple.
    IMG_20191016_093834029.jpg
    Kikemon, 1/2 Brit, BOBaloo22 and 11 others like this.
  13. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    From the world of what the f***, this is Beretta and General Dynamics' entry and to the next generation weapon system. Do they think we are going to go the way of the British and eliminate left-handed shooting from the force?

I will give it to them that the round it shoots is amazing. But whoever thought a right side ejection bullpup design was smart needs to be fired.

My prediction is that Sig Sauer went this competition. Their platform offers a whole lot of modernization and a new platform that has very similar ergonomics to what we have now. It seems to fix all the bugs of the current systems, without changing the way we train. The fully ambidextrous controls on the rifle systems are a huge bonus as well. IMG_20191014_133847499.jpg IMG_20191014_131606931.jpg
  14. Motor31

Motor31 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Izzat some kind of can on the end?
  15. Effendi

Effendi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Certainly looks like it, word is that it is the next weapon accessory that the seniors are contemplating buying, or making available to the troops.
  16. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    Yes. Required for the NGWS competition.
  17. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    This is Sig's entry. Notice the rifle and squad aromatic rifle have very similar ergonomics and identical controls. Makes the transition from one to the other seamless.
    9-3-2019-PR-IMAGE-1000x420.jpg
  18. NoelJ

NoelJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is it confirmed the Beretta ejection isn't "configurable" for lefties?
  19. WARRIORPRINCEJJ

WARRIORPRINCEJJ Forsaken

Oddometer:

That's a great idea. Hopefully, it's a nice controllable weapon.

I friggin' HATED my 249 Para. If my Vehicle Commander woulda' let me, I woulda' dumped that bitch into a river.

*Does the new Squad Aromatic Weapon come in a variety of scents? :rofl

Luv ya', Buddy. :smooch
  20. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    It is not. I talked to them at length about that. The charging handle can be reversed, but the ejection port stays the same.

Edit: Here you can see the left side of the weapon. The controls above the magazine are precisely where the ejection port would have to be if it could be reversed.

[​IMG]
    Mambo Dave and NoelJ like this.