The inaugural Butler County Gravel Days Augusta Ks. May1-2

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by overlander, Apr 17, 2021.

1. overlander

overlander Gravel Travel Tours Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, advmgm! Try this and see if it works for you and Troy...
  2. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    Here is all 3 of Overlander's tracks with the map reference waypoints deleted and combined in one file.

Attached Files:

3. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    Lee, I was able to download the routes. You are showing some of the best places to ride in the Flint Hills.

@advmgm If you are coming up on Thursday, I would recommend staying in Beaumont, KS. It is a unique place in the heart of the Flint Hills. Lee has posted a number of good routes that you could use to explore the area on Friday. The museum is a short 25 miles from Beaumont to sign in. Beaumont is very near the ranch for dinner and fun Saturday night. Dirtfarmers route that he posted would be a good Friday ride out of Beaumont. It takes you to the Tall Grass Prairie National Preserve. It is worth stopping just to walk around the original ranch house and grounds. https://www.nps.gov/tapr/index.htm

I have explored the Flint Hills for years. It is a fascinating area. It is hard not to enjoy the riding in the area.
  4. overlander

Oddometer:
    I should add that there will be a gear shuttle from the museum to the camp destination so riders can travel unencumbered for more comfort and convenience. (Thanks, Eddie)
    Travel lighter and Speed Safely!
  5. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    That will make it easier for anyone camping off motorcycle. Santa Fe Lake https://www.santafelake.com//camping is only a few miles from the museum. Camp there Friday night, in the morning strike your tent and bring it and your equipment to the check in. Your stuff will be waiting for you at the ranch. Couldn't be easier!

For those hauling motorcycles, I would recommend camping Friday night at Beaumont. The end of your Saturday ride will have you close to Beaumont and the ranch destination.
    overlander likes this.
  6. overlander

Oddometer:
    Never got a response back from the guys that wanted routes so I hope that the files were comparable with their devices and could be read. Let me know if any of you can’t open the files. The weather will be perfect!
    Hope to see you all there
  7. snarf

snarf WFO and clueless

Oddometer:
    Lee- the routes worked great! Thanks for sharing them! See you Saturday!
  8. gagnaou

gagnaou Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is going to be fun, unfortunately I cannot make it. Make sure to post pictures!
  9. overlander

Oddometer:
    Man sure wish you could make it Luc! We’re likely doing a different version in the fall
  10. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    Keep me in updated on the fall version.

See you tomorrow!
  11. hiinthesky

hiinthesky Ride on

Oddometer:
    TrailTaker.com is great place to load your GPX files / trails. Other folks than can go to trailtaker and load the trials to their GPS. Next year I hope the notice is a little further out than two weeks - unless I missed something.
  12. TroyWolf

TroyWolf Student in the art of less

Oddometer:
    Wanted to share a quick follow-up to say THANK YOU to Lee and the other folks who put this together! I had a great time!
    gagnaou likes this.
  13. foolonawheel

foolonawheel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another thank you for the weekend! What stunning countryside to ride in. We look forward to a repeat event.
  14. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    That was a fun event! The ranch is stunning, the Flint Hills country side is beautiful and the riding was a lot great.

Thanks Lee and the Forgotten 22 for putting on a wonderful event. https://www.theforgotten22.com/
  15. overlander

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for attending our first event ever. I for one was very anxious but thrilled at the opportunity to host this event. I'm flattered beyond words that you guys and gals put your confidence in me for a couple of days. Stay tuned for an upcoming rider skills clinic that ill be putting on!