The KTM 690 Enduro Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by neepuk, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    Being able to control afr is always nice, for instance when changing slipon and doing airbox modifications.
    Dealers can load maps onto the ecu, but I don't think they want to deal with details like adding more fuel to a certain rpm range or so :dunno
  2. AdvMoto18

AdvMoto18 NORDO Supporter

Oddometer:
    Coastal SC Low Country / Land of Shrimp & Grits
    Great idea!

Just picked up my 2015.

Installed Nikola's (Perun Moto) rear rack.
    Rear expansion rack, insert plates and tank upgrade bolts will be arriving in a week or so.

TT racks at powder coater; will be black.

Flatland racing skid plate/rock deflector.

CJ Design filler cap inbound.

I have a FMF 4.1 Ti on my 350 EXCF and am considering the 4.1SL can for 690.

[​IMG]
    Mainrollman likes this.
  3. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen the FMF Q4 listed anywhere for makes beyond 2013. I know the 2013 FMF will fit the 14, are we sure it will still fit the 2015? Just want to double check before I order one. Anyone fitted one to a 2015 yet?

Cheers
  4. neepuk

neepuk Such a drag...

Oddometer:
    As I understand it there is no difference between 14 and 15.

Is the FMF inexpensive? I couldn't find it listed anywhere for the 14/15 bikes and have read so much positive feedback about the Wing slip on that I went ahead and ordered that. The weather finally broke and warmed up enough for me to pick up my bike just yesterday. The Wings will go on tomorrow. Looks like it's a very high quality product and I feel like it was a bargain. Took 5 days to arrive all the way from Serbia. Consider that before going with the FMF.
  5. Dan950ser

Dan950ser Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer:
    Won't put an FMF on a four stroke again. My buddy blew one apart on his 2010 690 and I wasn't happy with the flow/design of the one on my 950. Wings is on the way for me and that's what is on the 990.
  6. Dan950ser

Dan950ser Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer:
    Well got 210 miles on the new bike today and am ecstatic with how it performs. About 120 was gravel roads and quad trails. What a great day for a ride in the PNW.

[​IMG]
    Wags124k, rkortes and pratered like this.
  7. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    let's turn this into an oil debate:lol3

Favorite break in procedure? :1drink
  8. paulooliveira

paulooliveira Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm breaking in following rules created my me and my OCD :D (the manual only says not to go over 6000 RPM)
    Right now I have 550km on the clock.

Always respecting the normal warm up times:

0 - 250 km -> Maximum sustained 4000 RPM with occasionally 4500 RPM peaks
    250 - 500 km -> Maximum sustained 4500 RPM with occasionally 5000 RPM peaks
    500 - 750 km -> Maximum sustained 5000 RPM with occasionally 5500 RPM peaks
    750 - 1000 km -> Maximum sustained 5000 RPM with occasionally 6000 RPM peaks

1000 km -> Change oil and filters.

+1000 km -> Wild mode activated!

Pic from yesterday's ride ;)
    [​IMG]
  9. vipers

vipers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just picked up my 15' 690. Awesome bike! I'm going to have it fitted with a supermoto setup and wings exhaust. I'll post pics when it's all done.
  10. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
    I've seen the FMF Q4 go for $305.00 and it's only listed up to 2013 but I know that it fits the 2014. Two friends have put thousands of miles on their 2014 690's running the FMF without issue. FMF has a built in spark arrestor which I'm not sure about with the Wings. For me it's mostly a price point thing. Where are you guys buying the Wings?
  11. sweetlou

sweetlou small body, big balls

Oddometer:
    Wings have built in spark arrestor as well and includes two different DB killers. Titanium can and carbon fiber end cap. Dollar for dollar it's an unbelievable bang for the buck!

We buy wings direct from the owner.

http://www.wings.si/ver3/index.html

Price is around $400 shipped IIRC
  12. TexaNate

TexaNate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fueling and throttle response is perfect from factory - as long as your dealer performed the 15m idle reset. The main reason to change the exhaust from stock on a 14-15 is to reduce weight (and maybe cut heat output). Wings can make a turn-down exhaust that will be somewhat quiet but will still lighten your bike.

The airbox is shallower than previous years; most aftermarket air filters built for years '08-'13 will bottom out and not stay planted on the airbox lid. The Aussie Uni is the best I've found. Don't pull out those brass airbox inserts when tightening down the airbox!!!

Finding extended throttle/brake/clutch lines is a PITA but I managed to squeeze on 2" Rox antivibe risers with stock cables and a little reroutung.

Flatlands skidplate is the cheapest you'll find, under $100.

Adventure-Spec aluminum engine case guards are cheap protection if you ride in rocky areas.

The plastic handguards will not save your levers in a fall. Don't ask how I know. Unrelatedly, the easiest way to get a shorty clutch lever is to dump the bike on its left side and file down the remains for smoothness. The levers are not the same as on the '13 and prior.
  13. sethc06

sethc06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's the difference with the Aussie Uni? I figured the orange foam filter in the ktm catalog was just basically a dyed Uni with re-branding. And that one lists 08-15 for use. Just wondering as mine comes in about 20 days from now, and I ordered the evo1 airbox but also the NU-1417ST uni. Is that the same model you're dealing with?
  14. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
    Wow, $400. I was under the impression that the Wings were more like $600. I've been to his site but just didn't spend enough time exploring all the info. Thanks for the info guys.
  15. neepuk

neepuk Such a drag...

Oddometer:
    With shipping from Serbia to Colorado mine was $426, ordered on a Monday and it arrived on Friday. Well worth the few extra dollars! Top quality products at reasonable prices from a company that puts a priority on customer service is still available! His site doesn't really give all the info or pricing, just send him an email and he'll get back to you.
  16. THop

THop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just a quick question that i forgot to ask earlier. On my 14 if i turn on the key the fuel pump starts but after the pump cuts there is still a buzzing different from the fuel pump sound, a constant buzzing that will not stop no matter how long it is left. But on the 2012 i had before when the fuel pump stoped there was no more buzzing. My question is, is this noise from the abs pump or is something wrong? Any ideas?
  17. sweetlou

sweetlou small body, big balls

Oddometer:
    No idea but my 14 has the same hum, I asked on the mega thread and everyone said it was normal
  18. ganshert

ganshert not sleeping

Oddometer:
    here's my first 6 tanks MPG on my 14 for the person above that asked. it's completely stock and will most likely stay that way. the newest three were two up (12 yo daughter) in the CO mountains, dirt, rocky, paved mix.

[​IMG]

and here is the link to the MG-Biketec products somebody miss-referenced as MGTek above http://www.mg-biketec.com/content/blogcategory/0/606/lang,english/
    Unleashed76 likes this.
  19. THop

THop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hmm i think when i get back at my bike in a few days il pull the abs fuse and turn the key on see if the sound stops, then at least il know that its comming from the abs unit and not the fuel system lol.
  20. darren70

darren70 I don't own a KTM

Oddometer:
    My bike doesn't have ABS and it still does it, it is normal
    If it stops then you can worry.