The Making of a Cross Canada Route

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Deadly99, Jun 28, 2010.

1. BuiltnotBought

BuiltnotBought Perpetual Project

Oddometer:
    Had a great run down Lingham Lake Road with my daughter this weekend, came back through Hugh's Landing Road. Rode for a total of about 5 hours, had a great time together! 2 sizable water crossings on Lingham Lake Rd that were not there before, one was only 8-10 inches and loose small gravel on the bottom, my daughter walked that one. The next was a good bit deeper and had much larger rocks on the bottom, a bit trickier to ride on especially because she had to ride with me through that one. In her words that was the scariest part and the best part of the ride!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. TomHoney

TomHoney n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if there is gas in hanceville or Bigcreek? On the Chilko lake extra section,

We started the BC section of the TCAT in Fernie last week.
    I made it to Seymour arm before I had to head back to the real world, my two other riders just In reached me looking for gas as they are headed to Chilko lake and concerned they may run out. They are on 500excs with 12 litre tanks and packing 6 litres extra each,

Photo attached of a little detour we took. More images to follow.

Attached Files:

G-Mac and piratexpress1369a like this.
  3. jxvak

jxvak Adventurer

Oddometer:
    CavReconSGT likes this.
  4. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Icons the size of Vancouver City depicting fires of .01 hectares or similar are a bit misleading, which is why I posted the wildfire site, with more reliable data points. Dual Sport BC is a great resource also, current info from riders covering many areas. The FSR road condition report you sited has contained quite a few errors, some that I have observed first hand. Hard to get top-notch info but I guess the unknown element isn't all bad and just a part of riding. :)
  5. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does Lingham Lake Road go through to the Hydro Road / Hunt Road? You know what I'll probably be riding :rofl

Nick
  6. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it essentially follows the Hydro Line from Hwy 62 to Hunt Road. Easy going rip right now not technical and nice and dry.
    ststrider and nick949eldo like this.
  7. ststrider

ststrider some guy on a bike

Oddometer:
    Just came through lingham lk hunt rd and it is not dry. The water crossings are as advertised, no more than 12 inch deep but loose rock. You would have more fun exploring the road allowances around malbank clarieview and tweed just check any water crossing first.
    Meet@Trudys and nick949eldo like this.
  8. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    That's a big change from the last time I went from El Dorado to Northbrook. Had two serious climbs, that I used all 13" of ground clearance plus bouncing it hard off the bash plate to get up. Only on my 640. I don't think a klr would like it much, no way on my GSA.

Now it sounds like a simple ride for my RT. :D
  9. ststrider

ststrider some guy on a bike

Oddometer:
    Sunday was my first time through this year, i had forgotten what a bone shaker it is . I stopped twice to check for something loose as i heard a rattle. Came to the conclusion it must have been my aftermarket hips.
    BuiltnotBought likes this.
  10. BuiltnotBought

BuiltnotBought Perpetual Project

Oddometer:
    There was a significant upgrade to Lingham Lake Rd maybe 4 years ago? I went through about 3 years ago and it the improvement was pretty recent. I think prior to that that section was a "hero" route and since then it was changed to an "easy". Currently with the couple of water crossing that have evloved since I was there 3 years ago I would say its just right for a big bike. The size of the water crossings is intimidating and one is just a bit deep, but they have a fairly good bottom with large gravel and not rutted or mudded by the ATV crowd. I have vids of me crossing both of them, just need to put a decent vid of the trip together here when I get some time in life... I'll link it here when I do.
  11. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I heard they had about three years ago. When I went through in 06, there was the cliff face to get up coming from the west, then two major water crossings. The westerly one was 10'+ deep according to some U-boat captains in jeeps. I found an old bypass around the north side of it. I really should have been on my 350, not my 640.

The easterly water had an easy to spot bypass. Most guys headed north over to Skoottamatta when they got in the middle of that route though.

I took my GSA a lot of dumb places, but never on this one.
    CavReconSGT likes this.
  12. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    I miss the old version of Lingham. Heading in and knowing you had a 50 50 chance of not coming out = priceless

:)
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  13. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Been a while since I have been on advrider.

Stoked the TCAT is still alive and well. It saw a lot of use this year.

Keep in mind some of the reserves are closed to the public which has caused a fee incidents in regards to getting fuel.

Safe travels everyone

Ted