The Meandering Geezer in Idaho

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Metalcarver, Aug 9, 2013.

1. KHVol

KHVol Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very Nice, Mr. Geezer. One more world to conquer. I am out in that area a couple of times a year. Would love to buy you dinner sometime.
  2. waylongway

waylongway madmax

Oddometer:
    That's more like it......:clapLike a kid in a candy store.....:flug
    thirsty 1 likes this.
  3. thirsty 1

thirsty 1 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome Home Dave! I still have yet to get out to Hurricane Ridge. Do some homework and show me around!
  4. Shady Pass David

Shady Pass David Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    All new trails to explore!.....Got your rain gear??..Or head to Sequim where the sun always shines, so my 95yr old family friend lives, and says....:jkam..............
  5. Metalcarver

Metalcarver Geezer Berserker Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dude! You're supposed to be retired. I'm sorry but dinner is getting off kind of cheap. Now, say, if you were to rent an entire "pleasure" ranch in Nevada and invite me and 20 or 30 of my closest friends for a week of pleasant frivolity, that, would go a long way toward absolving you of the sin of working too much. Just sayin'...
    KHVol and LC1 like this.
  6. KHVol

KHVol Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

You always were a man of great ideas ..I am taking your wise counsel ..you still only get a good steak dinner.
  7. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    Hurricane Ridge is mostly paved then there's a 9 mile spur to Point Obstruction. Your panzer would be bored. But damn if that's not upendicular. Pucker Factor 8.7 Gotta check out Deer Park but its Park Service and a campground at the end so road will probably be tame but it's right in the heart of the big mts so bound to be spectacular. I got a 500 mile tour of FS roads all around the peninsula two years ago but I'm bound by a non-disclosure agreement. (See Mesrs. Dammit and Pakled) But I already have work-arounds.

Now I have to negotiate the WA sidecar regs. I'm thinking the term WTF was invented in Washington.
    Daleah and black top bob like this.
  8. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    Been practicing on US 101...

black top bob and waylongway like this.
  9. black top bob

black top bob gray goat Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man, just when I was getting enough money saved to visit Ideeeeeeeeho, you move. Back to work I guess. lol
    waylongway likes this.
  10. waylongway

waylongway madmax

Oddometer:
    Things on the list...... :augie

https://ridebdr.com/WABDR
    black top bob likes this.
  11. black top bob

black top bob gray goat Supporter

Oddometer:
    wlw, Great GPS points. Much thanks. So much beautiful country-so little time.
    waylongway likes this.
  12. dammitdave

dammitdave Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was just like that coming home from PDX via Astoria on 101 today! I escaped by riding Smith Creek, N of Raymond, to Brooklyn and over the mountain to Oakville. Nice break from the highway. dd
  13. Metalcarver

Oddometer:
    I'm starting to see that strategy and tactics play a big part in navigating the NOP. There are some places on 101 that you simply do not make a left turn onto it. But that said, the back country doesn't see that many people. Sure, the park, but seems that if it's not paved, you're safe. For the moment. Just watch that big swoopy "S" curve just before PA. Biker died there two weeks ago.