The Mexican Titty Bar Tour

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by LaOutbackTrail, Jan 5, 2009.

1. tedder

tedder irregular

Oddometer:
    :rofl

Seriously, you can get MUCH better rates pulling pesos from an ATM than through a casa de cambio.
  2. Taiden

Taiden Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What's goin on here? I came here for some titties, and I expect to see me some titties!! :clap
  3. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    there is no honor here, and no titts!! this will be a good read!

damasovi
  4. DRglidarn

DRglidarn Panzer pilot

Oddometer:
    I'm waiting for the t!tt!es:lurk

:freaky
  5. BX DS

BX DS Great googly-moogly

Oddometer:

Mexicans..... check

Bars...... on the windows of the buildings? ..... check

Tour.... check
    Titties....uhm.... :deal

I've been had.

You could have called it the "Mexican Pollo Pibil Tour".... I would have still enjoyed the read. I havent been this let down since the Patriots choked in the super bowl...... oh wait, I'm a Giants fan:lol3
  6. ChangoGS

ChangoGS Banned

Oddometer:
    Nice report and off road pics.

Where's the mamas?
  7. daveg

daveg no longer homeless

Oddometer:
    Heheh scott.. nice to see you made it into Mexico with correct paperwork :jose:jose:uhoh

:lurk:lurk

Looking good so far
  8. LaOutbackTrail

LaOutbackTrail Certified Smartass

Oddometer:
    Richard tried getting too far ahead of himself/ourselves. One day at a time brother.

Day two. Ask a burrow which way.

[​IMG]
    Ricardo done did told you about Don Quixote enjoying his breakfast bars for breakfast. I read the label on them, 90 calories and something like 1g of protein.

[​IMG]
    Well what do you know. Early mornin sunlight allows for great photos.
    T.I.M.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is Galeana, Nuevo Leon, Mexico

It was a clear day so we decided it would be a good one to run up Cerro Potosi. 935 meter providence over the area. 12,000 feet overall. Lets get going!

Ricardo's photo is good. Mine is better.
    [​IMG]
    This road is the wrong way for those of you who are going on this ride. You can do it easily on an unloaded seisciento cincuenta, we made good fun of this adventure. Once we got a few miles down we decided we would find our way through to get to Mimbres. Richard's GPS didnt keep up with the Mexicans, so the routes we need to take dead ended.... atleast 5 times.

Como se va a..... eh Los Mimbres? Blank stares.
    [​IMG]
    These guys did their best to direct us the way. He even told me that Ricardo no entiendo bien. I got the drift that we needed to go over the mountain and take a right down a hill.... but never really found the road. They were quite worried that the trail would be too much for our bikes. "Es muy erecta" Bueno!!!!!!

3 trips back to this little village and a hand drawn map later.... we still didnt have anything. We went back and I asked someone closer to the direction we needed to go. They finally told me to go back dosciento metros and un izquierda abajo y mas erecta. :dunno Gracias.
    [​IMG]
    (Gun and machete wilding Mexican. Looks menacing, atop his half HP burro, doesnt he?)
    [​IMG]
    T.I.M.

On our hand drawn map, the guy had "rio pequeno" "si" for this way and a "no" for that way.
    Oh here is the rio pequeno.
    [​IMG]
    I stood in the middle of this rio pequeno to bring you this photo.

So, go over the hill from the burro man village. You will then pass the gun/machete wilding Mexican and start up a rocky climb. You will see a trail going off the edge of the cliff. Take that route. :nod

9. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    This really is where the fun started. I enjoy asking directions. It seems like I did a lot whenever Ricardo's GPS led us astray. Didnt too often, but it had its glitches.

This trail is quite rough. Grapefruit rocks everywhere and then there is a gate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And yes. It is steeper than it looks... especially after you stop to open/close the gate.

[​IMG]
    Another little ways down the road, is another gate.... and just after the gate, Srta Vaca doesnt like motos. Came around a bend and the cow jumps straight up.... I didnt know whether to go off the cliff or between it and the edge.... I went between and grabbed clutch.

T.I.M.

We get down the road and have lunch. Across the valley are a few homes in ruins.
    [​IMG]
    We had lunch at an old home site too.

This is where I find the giant asparagus.
    [​IMG]

And after our spam and crackers, we have suckers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On to Mimbres.
  10. TxGrassHopper

TxGrassHopper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :thumb :lurk :dutch
  11. DRglidarn

DRglidarn Panzer pilot

Oddometer:
    OK, ditch the titties then. This Advridingpics are better...
  12. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    On to Mimbres.
    [​IMG]

We missed the harvesting in this valley.

[​IMG]
    If you look really closely, there be a horse pulling a plow on the hill.

[​IMG]
    This is Mimbres. My favorite village from this trip. They also have the coldest cokes.

[​IMG]
    Don Quixote slurping a coke.

[​IMG]
    Modelo is good cold.

[​IMG]
    Roadside burros.

[​IMG]
    Farther up into the mountains, the maiz was still being harvested.

[​IMG]
    On to the "Dual Sport Double Dragon"

Let me learn you about the lesson I teached myself. DONT screw around with prickley pear. They suck! I saw some on the roadside... went a plucked one off the cactus. Of course I had my gloves on so I didn think anything of it.... until I go to take off. The dang trichomes(thorns on the prickley pear) that blessed me with the irritation and necessity to buy new gloves. My gloves were full of the trichomes. I rode the rest of the day without gloves... and up to 12000ish feet. It sucked. And it sucked to pull the trichomes out of my fingers. Dang trichomes.
    Effin prickley pears.

BoiseBrrrap likes this.
  13. sc-razor

sc-razor Long timer

Oddometer:
    LMFAO!!!!
  14. Roboter

Roboter Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Hmmm... I dont see anybody except some guy taking self portraits of himself. Where's the Laaaadies?
  15. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    After the dual sport dragon, we crossed pavement.
    [​IMG]

A wise man once said that north is always up on the map. So to go north, you go up. Lets go to the top of the world then.

To go up. To go up, you must go on this road. This road sucks. I hated it. To go up, you go up this road.
    [​IMG]

This is the only place where Ricardo's bike wanted to take a nap... he was leading and made it most of the way around the corner and I didnt get the chance to catch him on the downside.
    [​IMG]

See Richard run.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    See, the views are worth it. The road sucks.

[​IMG]
    Golf, anyone?

[​IMG]
    Thats Galeana down the hill and on the otherside of the ridge.

[​IMG]

For those who want to check it out... this is the Dual Sport Double Dragon
    [​IMG]

Lets go down the hill and break some rules.
  16. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    Ewan McGreggor, eat your heart out.
    [​IMG]

I started downhill quicker than Richard and Jim. Probably 10 minutes before. I found a decent area to possibly camp, and waited. 10 minutes went by... Maybe they just took a break coming down. 20 minutes went by... they'll be around the corner soon. 30 minutes went by... oh crap, something happened.

[​IMG]
    Watch where you squat.

I was postponing the inevitable of having to ride BACK up to the top of Potosi. At the 30 minute mark I started back up. Around every corner I was hoping I would see them. 15 minutes of going up the mountain I finally rounded a switchback to see Richard. Apparently he lost a couple bolts. One in is subframe! So his handling went to pot perdy quick. Well good, atleast neither of them got hurt.

We went down to 7,000 feet, found a good campsite. Richard setup camp. I cooked.
    [​IMG]

Richard should have some more photos of the campsite. I leave you with this last picture for the evening.
    [​IMG]

17. bigdon

bigdon Long timer

Oddometer:
    N
  18. fendermon

fendermon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was baited in the front door...but this is a great read. Thanks!:clap
  19. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    I see you`ve chosen a proper title to garner some attention :lol2. Good luck up there.
  20. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the encouragement to keep going with the RR.

Question:
    If you guys are so perverted to have opened this thread the first time, do you think it is worth it to not come back to this thread.... just in case??? The more comments, the more boobage. :deal:csm