The minor adventures of a motorcycle courier

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by JoeyBones, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Reynaldo

Reynaldo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a CX to me. Starts off on the A3 from Putney Hill going down to Wandsworth, over the bridge, right into Townmead, dodge the barrier into Chelsea wharf (oh yes! Many times), and works his way to 'U' turning on Cromwell Rd, up to Launceston Pl. where he seems to stop.

It always looks faster than it actually is when you watch videos, though he's clearly pushing it a bit. You get on a roll when things go well, quite a buzz.

Memories eh?

PS: I did something similar going the other way on a 400/4 when I first started in '76. Hacked through Wandsworth, up West Hill and down past Tippet's on the A3 when another bike pulls alongside. It's a copper, and he stops me at the entrance to Putney Vale Cemetery.

"That's a nice pair of mirrors you've got on your motorcycle" says he, "It's a pity you don't use them". He'd tagged me all the way up West Hill, but was prepared to listen to my story. Seems he was quite impressed by the fact that whilst I had been doing 50 in a thirty, I'd slowed at every junction - and was his reason for letting me off - with a warning of course!

I watched my mirrors a bit more after that.
    insomnia likes this.
  2. philipbarrett

philipbarrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Back in London for business 2 weeks ago & spotted this, Liverpool St. Station! The spirit is alive...

[​IMG]
  3. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Holy Frankenbike!!
    jj
  4. philipbarrett

philipbarrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The owner kinda matched.
  5. insomnia

insomnia Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was watching youtube yesterday and a channel by some moto vlogger twat came up there he was yap yap yap fucking yap and he stopped at a T junction to turn right keeping right a courier came up behind him got through the gap out past the bike box and was gone before the green blog boy was calling him names by the time he came around the corner the courier was well gone . I got a giggle out of it .
  6. Reynaldo

Reynaldo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Might have been Bill, or his reincarnation . . .
    Nice one.
  7. aspieman

aspieman M58

Oddometer:
    Pukka...

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    insomnia likes this.
  8. Twofridges

Twofridges I ain't finished yet!

Oddometer:
    @MoBill if you are still around here, took to heart your last comment to me and I finally got back on two proper wheels, a 2004 F650GS Dakar. After 17 years without a bike, just a little scooter, the first ten miles was hairy, it feels huge but was a real memory trip. I am so happy it's pathetic. :)

IMG_20170719114910.jpg
    MoBill and tony the tiger like this.
  9. JoeyBones

JoeyBones Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer:
    I've been away from this thread (and the forum in general) for a few years and it was good to catch up on the last couple off pages that I had missed. I was in Boston last week on business and I saw a guy on a naked sport bike with a cobbled up top rack and he just had that LOOK, the look of a guy on a mission, running something somewhere.

Thanks again to all who added to these stories. Was good to catch up.
    Shekinahglori and MoBill like this.
  10. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey brother, I have to say the same as you’re opener...if you’re still around—I appreciate the comment. I really do. I was in a bad way last year and haven’t been on much.

Hey Joey, one of my favoritest threads on ADV. Good to see you. I just sold a K1200S that I hooned around on in a different way than you and your gents, but just as fun. I’ll never forget that bike, but it was going to kill me. :)
    JoeyBones likes this.
  11. Cro59

Cro59 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the stories. Great thread.