The Mobius Trip

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by DR. Rock, May 23, 2008.

1. dustyrider

dustyrider dirt is good for you

Oddometer:
    "Just more of the same", huh, Doc? May we have more pictures, too? I mean, we'll muddle through somehow.:D
  2. v4play

v4play Throttlephile

Oddometer:
    Is that all? Are we done here?
    Hope all is well Doc and LDF...you're the best!
    bbanker and Turbodog1000 like this.
  3. MewZiKat

MewZiKat finishing TAT July 2019

Oddometer:
    I have a SPOT...can you "refresh" or whatever as the link above no longer is accessible.

Santa brought me Sam's maps this past year and once our 17 year old is off to college, we hope to be exploring the TAT summer of 2017. I would like to get as much feedback between now and then as possible.

we used our SPOTS to test track us on a trip to France last fall. cool stuff. I have since learned to ***READ THE FINE PRINT*** on my SPOT which does NOT like Alkaline batteries so for anyone else out there using a SPOT, double check your batteries.

cool!!! I will look for these when I do the TAT (provided some moron hasn't taken them)

your story telling is priceless! I know so many guys just blast through the TAT trying to outdo each other or attempting some land-speed record or whatever. I love that the two of you are doing this together and taking the time to painstakingly capture all the beauty a ride like the TAT has to offer. and then to write it all up intelligently. I must stop in NYC to meet you both on my way up to family in New England.
  4. MewZiKat

MewZiKat finishing TAT July 2019

Oddometer:
  5. jeckyll

jeckyll Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    Amazing thread.

Thank you for all the work you put in detailing your routes and adventures. Better, and more entertaining, than a lot of books I've read. :beer
    FreeHugger likes this.
  6. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard Supporter

Oddometer:
    Subscribed! :super
  7. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now South MS
    That's a nice looking laundry mat!
    Most I've visited are never that nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. aDave

aDave Lovin' Life!

Oddometer:
    Looked through parts of this again. Epic does not describe this... I learned so much and have been inspired in multiple ways through your travels and writings. Thank you.

Dave
    Turbodog1000 likes this.
  9. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve PussyWagon™ Chauffeur Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    JMB_ADV, Lil' Steve and jeickerman like this.
  11. freewheelin'

freewheelin' Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been rereading this RR since we are supposed to stay home and it's been snowing just enough to encourage me to comply. It's just as good the second time. Hope Dr Rock and La Donna are fairing well in this time of madness. Stay Healthy!!!!!
    WDG likes this.
  12. redroom

redroom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Totally agree. Have been thinking positive thoughts about Dr. Rock and LDF as they are on the front lines of this thing. Stay safe out there all y’all.
  13. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup. This is a blast from the past. Hope they are doing well.
  14. Rectaltronics

Rectaltronics Barned

Oddometer:
    Heh. Was just thinking, their hospital being such a shit-show right now...
  15. DR. Rock

DR. Rock Part of the problem

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys, a quick update, F & I have both been down with covid since about March 26th. It started with a comical loss of all taste and smell. We haven't suffered shortness of breath (yet), the worst symptom has been a complete lack of energy. Just the most profound fatigue imaginable, no motivation, no initiative, can't concentrate or focus, brain fog. Also muscle aches that feel like you're being wrung out like a wet towel. I'm back to work tonight, F is scheduled next for tuesday. Our hospitals have been holding up OK, but the peak is due this week. I'll rotate into the covid ICU's next week, until then I'll be on the intubation & procedure teams placing central lines and dialysis catheters. Crazy times. We have adequate PPE, and have been empowered to think outside the box how to deliver care to our patients, which is great. Lots of other hospitals have it way worse than we do. We've been taking transfers from other NYC hospitals, about 30 floor and 10 ICU patients per day. Here's a clip that does a decent job describing what's going on at Bellevue:

https://www.today.com/video/how-new...al-is-handling-coronavirus-crisis-81584709793
    Mr Head, 7thson, danh600 and 30 others like this.
  16. opjocephus

opjocephus Dick Tree

Oddometer:
    Thanks to you and LDF and all health care right now. Hang in there. Youngest daughter is in the middle of all this in Marion County IN. We wish you all the best.
  17. freewheelin'

freewheelin' Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for doing what you do, and a marvelous ride report.
    RhinoVonHawkrider likes this.
  18. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your ride reports inspire, and now your fearless dedication to your patients moves our hearts and hopefully inspires us to do whatever small part we can in this world-wide crisis.
    Thank you for sharing your lives with us.
    freewheelin' likes this.
  19. Rectaltronics

Rectaltronics Barned

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear Bellevue is holding up and you are too. Folks I know at NYPQ are reporting less encouraging news. Love to you both, see you when the trumpocalypse is over and I feel safe in a big metal tube for 15 hours.

-Brad & Sarah at the Korean family compound
    Turbodog1000 and Lil' Steve like this.
  20. wetwider

wetwider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The CDC recommends motorcycle riding!

"The CDC recommends:
    • Avoid shaking dirty clothes." ~ Axios news

That implies shaking breaks the virus loose from your duds & a breeze removes them. So should riding.

`Seems off-road or on a Harley could best for the shaking part. Best may be riding a Harley fast off-road.

Back to Dave & Francine. who've come to feel like our good ol' friends. May you roll on soon!