The Motorcycle Shop is now servicing outside brands

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Andrewmc, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Andrewmc

Andrewmc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Everyone!

For the past couple of years, we have had a strict OEM-service-only policy at TMS, meaning our service department would only work on brands that we are a dealer for. We have received a lot of requests from riders in the community that want to use our service department but don't have bikes we carry, and we've decided to open our service department to more brands this season.

We're especially hoping this will help travelers in groups with multiple brands of bikes so they don't have to run all over town to coordinate services before they turn around and head home.

There are limitations to what we will/can do (the focus is mostly going to be on tire and oil changes) and some brands are excluded, but all of the details and our labor flat rates are on our site here: https://www.themotorcycleshop.com/service-rates-atvs-utvs-motorcycles-dealership--service-rates
    bobw, JagLite, dirtdoug and 3 others like this.
  2. Dogslobber

Dogslobber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh boy, and I thought it was tough to get in before!
    dirtdoug and wilsonjw42 like this.
  3. Andrewmc

Andrewmc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We also have two more technicians than in previous years, so it should actually be easier! We are also still offering free pick up and delivery to customers in the Anchorage Bowl, and that has been reducing wait times during the summer. Last summer we were down to an average of about a 3-4 day wait, and it used to be nearly three weeks. We also have first-come-first-served service on Saturdays with no appointment needed, and that's usually the fastest way to get normal services completed.
  4. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Cool idea and definitely thinking outside the box. Thanks for the heads up and I hope this works out really well. I really like the service menu idea too. :thumb
  5. Fishenough

Fishenough Team Lurker

Oddometer:
    Just wanted say congratulations, great offer and great service!

Last year I moved from the Yukon to Vancouver Island, buying a stones throw from the largest, and only dedicated motorcycle shop in this small town of 66,000 people. Well they made it clear they only service brands they sell, fair enough, but I currently own a Harley, a Kawasaki, and a BMW. I work away from home so I'm eager and happy to pay to have my bike right and ready when I return home. It's all understandable but when you live on a dead end road where said shop test rides there bikes.....

Missing northern service!
    bobw likes this.
  6. THogland

THogland Back in Alaska!

Oddometer:
    Great idea - nice to have a one-stop place to refer travelers to. Just wish there was a winter service shuttle from the Valley in there, so my annual service could be done while it's snowy :-)
    JagLite and Dogslobber like this.